Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Let's say that RPI wasn't in the picture, and the HE schism still happened. Why wouldn't UVM be considered? Perhaps in the 90's, when we were offered a second chance to go? Would Union have moved up their program to D-I? Perhaps if CCT/SLU went to HE, and then UVM went, Colgate may have been playing in a CHA that still existed.
    At the time, UVM regarded themselves as more similar to the Ivies than the other NE state schools. Colgate has always felt itself as an Ivy at least on the undergrad level.

Personally, I think that if it weren't for RPI, Union would never have gone D-I.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Well, I suppose you learn something every day. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/12/...conundrum.html

I think we could almost guarantee that one of the future ones would be "What if RPI joined Hockey East"... any speculation on what the other ones will be?

Comment

Well, I suppose you learn something every day. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/12/...conundrum.html

I think we could almost guarantee that one of the future ones would be "What if RPI joined Hockey East"... any speculation on what the other ones will be?
        I think that I could guess most of them.

Edit: It is an interesting take on the situation in the mid-1960s, namely that RPI was lucky that Bjorkman didn't stay.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I think that I could guess most of them.
          I have a feeling that you personally witnessed at least one of them.

Comment

It's going to be a tough game against Bye this evening.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have a feeling that you personally witnessed at least one of them.
              I suspect exactly one, and probably it's the next one.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any guess who might be in goal?
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

I hear that all of Bye's defensemen are terrible skaters, they're all as mobile as pylons.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Any guess who might be in goal?
                    You can't spell Bryce without Bye.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      I hear that all of Bye's defensemen are terrible skaters, they're all as mobile as pylons.
                      Didn't they recently construct additional pylons?

I heard that for their goalie, they just stuck a reaver in front of the net.

Comment

Didn't they recently construct additional pylons?

I heard that for their goalie, they just stuck a reaver in front of the net.
                        No, they use a dark templar. You think it's a wide open goal, but the puck never goes in.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by flagdude08 View Post
                          didn't they recently construct additional pylons?
                          YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS.a
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Its now official -- this thread is wheels up in the ditch. And Officer Baer is nowhere to be found.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Its now official -- this thread is wheels up in the ditch. And Officer Baer is nowhere to be found.
                              YOU'RE wheels up in the ditch.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                YOU'RE wheels up in the ditch.
                                That black ice is a real beeyatch.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X