Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Next time you go buy beer, see if you can get your hands on Pliney the Elder. It's fantastic!

http://russianriverbrewing.com/brews/pliny-the-elder/
    I'll have to keep that in mind. Both Wegmans and Byrne Dairy have excellent selections.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Next time you go buy beer, see if you can get your hands on Pliney the Elder. It's fantastic!

http://russianriverbrewing.com/brews/pliny-the-elder/
      wine country

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        For tonight's beer, I decided to grab Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy. The last time I had it was the last time we won.
        Not only an RIT fan but an RPI fan as well, last RPI game I was at earlier this year we beat Ferris State, so I will be bringing my mojo with me for Saturday nights game, since MH beat RIT earlier this here, here's hoping RPI can exact a little revenge for it's Liberty League (in just about every other sport) sibling.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

It's a week old and about a football player, but here is an article from the Washington Post about RPI QB Mark Hermann. He certainly has had a rather difficult childhood.
          http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...486_story.html (Note that there is a second page.)
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            It's a week old and about a football player, but here is an article from the Washington Post about RPI QB Mark Hermann. He certainly has had a rather difficult childhood.
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...486_story.html (Note that there is a second page.)
            I hope the Bills pick him up. No offense to the dude from Hahvahd, but we need a QB that can actually hit a target.

EDIT: And after the 50-yarder, I wouldn't be surprised if our kicker turns some heads.
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I hope the Bills pick him up. No offense to the dude from Hahvahd, but we need a QB that can actually hit a target.

EDIT: And after the 50-yarder, I wouldn't be surprised if our kicker turns some heads.
              Does anyone know if there has every been an RPI player drafted by the NFL? (I do vaguely recall reading about a player who played in the NFL around WW-II, but I don't think that there was a draft then.)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know if there has every been an RPI player drafted by the NFL? (I do vaguely recall reading about a player who played in the NFL around WW-II, but I don't think that there was a draft then.)
                There was a draft, just not for the NFL. As for your question, Kurt says the answer to your question is yes: http://www.augenblick.org/rpi/f_faq.html

3.6 Have any RPI alumni played in the NFL or been drafted?
                No RPI alumni have played in the NFL. One player, center Harry Neugold '52, was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams in 1950 (17th round, 219th pick overall) but he never played in the NFL.

Comment

There was a draft, just not for the NFL. As for your question, Kurt says the answer to your question is yes: http://www.augenblick.org/rpi/f_faq.html
                  Thanks. I could have sworn that I read about an RPI player who did play in the NFL. I guess that wasn't the case
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Far and away my favorite fire arm Doc...even tho we're in the middle of 30/30 season at the moment.....they dont call 'em "scatter" guns for nothin'.
                    Has become my favorite too-as i have aged and the eyes get a little less accurate, a 12 gauge is what i call my AREA gun. If someone is threatening us-I just aim it in their area since it is going to blow away just about anythere close.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

RB: I have either listened to or watched most of his games with the help of WRPI. He has a lot of the tools that would make him a wonderful NFL player. I just hope they give him the chance. We rarely have a football athlete at RPI with any chance of playing in the pros. Just would be phenomenal for him. Good luck Mike.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

RPI TV live stream question....

Does anyone know what format the stream is in. I am wondering if i can get the stream on my iPad.

Comment

RPI LInes:

Neal-JL-Haggerty
                          Higgs-Miller- Lee
                          Zalewski-McGowan-Bubela
                          Fulton-OGrady-Burgdoerfoer

Leonard-Bailen
                          LeBeef-Bokenfohr
                          Curadi-Hampton

Merriam
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            RB: I have either listened to or watched most of his games with the help of WRPI. He has a lot of the tools that would make him a wonderful NFL player. I just hope they give him the chance. We rarely have a football athlete at RPI with any chance of playing in the pros. Just would be phenomenal for him. Good luck Mike.
                            I forgot to mention it earlier -- local TV has done stories on him and NFL interest..with multiple scouts at games.. TE projection for NFL.
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

RPI LInes:

Neal-JL-Haggerty
                              Higgs-Miller- Lee
                              Zalewski-McGowan-Bubela

Leonard-Bailen
                              LeBeef-Bokenfohr
                              Curadi-Hampton

Merriam
                              Scratches: Schroeder, Rogic, Tinordi, Commers, Bradley, and Dolan.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI LInes:

Neal-JL-Haggerty
                                Higgs-Miller- Lee
                                Zalewski-McGowan-Bubela

Leonard-Bailen
                                LeBeef-Bokenfohr
                                Curadi-Hampton

Merriam
                                Kind of intrigued by the Zalewski, Mcgowan and Bubela line, has some size and I've been looking for a step forward from McGowan. He showed a heck of a wrist shot vs. Acadia and Ferris and was working well in both zones. Can't comment on the last few weeks, haven't seen them since Black Friday. Late last season he looked like he was comming into his own as well. Has a good set of hands for a big guy too.
                                Last edited by DavidSec17; 11-16-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X