Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It certainly happened many times under Harkness.
    Actually, come to think of it, this is the second time I've seen it happen under Appert; the first being Harvard. At least he isn't pulling a Gene Hackman from the movie "Hoosiers" this time around.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Not surprised -- PSU was the target along...that I was told. Gadowsky likes to play an uptempo offensive style, which is said to be what PK is looking for. As RC said, good that we won't face him in league-- wish Pat the best of luck.
      He also will be playing there with his former D-partner at Burlington, Luke Juha.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Actually, come to think of it, this is the second time I've seen it happen under Appert; the first being Harvard. At least he isn't pulling a Gene Hackman from the movie "Hoosiers" this time around.
        Are you changing your question? It was originally when was the last time that we won with a short bench.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Are you changing your question? It was originally when was the last time that we won with a short bench.
          It was originally that. It just wasn't clear to the constituency.

Comment

It was originally that. It just wasn't clear to the constituency.
            Given the roster attrition, the only relevant questions are who Appert will select as C.O.W. (Captain of the Week) and who will start in net.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Given the roster attrition, the only relevant questions are who Appert will select as C.O.W. (Captain of the Week) and who will start in net.
              This team has much bigger questions than who is going to be captain this week. These next two weekends are huge! If the they don't get at least 4 points the bottom could fall out. For some reason this team has become very fragile mentally and emotionally the past couple of years. They need wins. Who wears a C or who plays on what line means nothing. These guys need to decide if they are going to be a factor in the ECAC or if they are content to remain bottom feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                This team has much bigger questions than who is going to be captain this week. These next two weekends are huge! If the they don't get at least 4 points the bottom could fall out. For some reason this team has become very fragile mentally and emotionally the past couple of years. They need wins. Who wears a C or who plays on what line means nothing. These guys need to decide if they are going to be a factor in the ECAC or if they are content to remain bottom feeders.
                Well said. It is almost as if they have been playing waiting for the bottom to fall out. They seem to be anticipating what can go wrong next-and then it does. Time to build a little confidence and a couple wins can do that really very quickly. Just hope to see them come out with fire at the beginning of each period. often it seems they come out of the locker room and left their legs and desire back there.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                  I wrote it mainly as a tongue in cheek comment as to the state of the # of available palyers as well as the question of who will act as captain while Lee is out (I was not/am not a fan of the decision to not appoint ACs.) Your statement re: mental / emotional strength is something that Captains help instill in a team (Ray Lewis w/Ravens is a great example ) ...by demonstrating exactly that --mental & emotional stength and maturity --on the ice and off it. So as much as I was actually joking, the captaincy is an important cog in the team, IMO.

That said, the need for this team to win league games is apparent to even the casual oberver.
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

You play to win the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLlIdZikDk
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

I wrote it mainly as a tongue in cheek comment as to the state of the # of available palyers as well as the question of who will act as captain while Lee is out (I was not/am not a fan of the decision to not appoint ACs.) Your statement re: mental / emotional strength is something that Captains help instill in a team (Ray Lewis w/Ravens is a great example ) ...by demonstrating exactly that --mental & emotional stength and maturity --on the ice and off it. So as much as I was actually joking, the captaincy is an important cog in the team, IMO.

That said, the need for this team to win league games is apparent to even the casual oberver.
                      It's not the first time we haven't had assistant captains. The two years I was at RPI while Fridgen was coach, I don't recall us having alternate captains. Of course, we had two captains.

Comment

It's not the first time we haven't had assistant captains. The two years I was at RPI while Fridgen was coach, I don't recall us having alternate captains. Of course, we had two captains.
                        With Lee out and Higgs questionable, maybe we can start a pool to see who the acting captain will be for tonights tilt.

Comment

Tonights officals: Refs: O'Brien / St. Lawrence Linesmen: Reed / Testa

Tomorrow: McDonald / O'Brien LM: LeBlanc / Reed

Comment

With Lee out and Higgs questionable, maybe we can start a pool to see who the acting captain will be for tonights tilt.
                            I'll take Bailen.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

I'm available But I do not relish the idea of having to put my flowing gray locks into a helmet. I would much prefer to streak down the ice on right wing with my hair flowing a la Guy LaFleur(at least that's the recurring dream I have many evenings). Not sure at his stage though how much streaking I could do with one reconstructed knee and one shoulder operated on a number of times. Instead of a streak it might be more of a wobble. But the spirit would be there and I would certainly "take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor"
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I'm available But I do not relish the idea of having to put my flowing gray locks into a helmet. I would much prefer to streak down the ice on right wing with my hair flowing a la Guy LaFleur(at least that's the recurring dream I have many evenings). Not sure at his stage though how much streaking I could do with one reconstructed knee and one shoulder operated on a number of times. Instead of a streak it might be more of a wobble. But the spirit would be there and I would certainly "take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor"
                                Doc: Surprised you went with LaFleur, I had you pegged as more of a Ron Duguay guy.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwBQ&dur=1897
                                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-30-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X