Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to all, I'm thankful for being able to watch a tradition rich program each and every year. Also, I am thankful for the people I have met along the way and to me thats what makes college hockey so great.
    Sad, however, about a tradition that has ended, namely that our tourney isn't being played for Thanksgiving (or the Christmas -- New Year week).
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      The team's defense has indeed been inconsistent. Curadi seems improved over last season, while Leonard seems to be having a bit of a sophomore slump after a great freshman year. Bailen's offensive endeavors, while needed, often cause defensive lapses. Etc., etc.
      Absolutley-Curadi just seems to get better and better (still has a few things to work on though), Leonard having a bit more difficulty so far this season, and Bailen is an offensive force that we have to figure out how to cover for so we do not give up so many odd man rushes the other way.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Happy Thanksgiving to all, I'm thankful for being able to watch a tradition rich program each and every year. Also, I am thankful for the people I have met along the way and to me thats what makes college hockey so great.
        Same here-we do have a great group of posters-whether you agree with what they say or not. College hockey is indeed great-but I would just add that RPI hockey is followed by an incredible group of devoted fans.

Comment

Sad, however, about a tradition that has ended, namely that our tourney isn't being played for Thanksgiving (or the Christmas -- New Year week).
          We miss the tounament very much. Could care less if it was held in November, December or whenever. Was always exciting and a wonderful way to see 4 games. (or 6 like in the old days)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Absolutley-Curadi just seems to get better and better (still has a few things to work on though), Leonard having a bit more difficulty so far this season, and Bailen is an offensive force that we have to figure out how to cover for so we do not give up so many odd man rushes the other way.
            Good point that others have to take up the slack for Bailen on defense. Few good offensive defensemen are not at least a bit of a liability on defense. Then again, I think that his defense needs to improve somewhat.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good point that others have to take up the slack for Bailen on defense. Few good offensive defensemen are not at least a bit of a liability on defense. Then again, I think that his defense needs to improve somewhat.
              Over the years, the great offensive defensmen have always had a system in place where a forward moved back to the point to cover for the defensman when he moved up.
              The only defenseman who could get back in the play after being caught was Bobby Orr, and we have not seen the likes of him since.
              If the team wants Bailen to attack, someone has to get back.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Pretty quiet on here everyone must be shopping or recovering from their turkey day..

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                  Pretty quiet on here everyone must be shopping or recovering from their turkey day..
                  Nah, just hanging out. It's a nice rainy day off.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Nah, just hanging out. It's a nice rainy day off.

Byoooootiful here in 202-land.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Byoooootiful here in 202-land.
                      Beautiful here in the 518 too, 50+ and sunny.

Comment

80 and sunny not a cloud in the sky

Comment

was just wondering......has anyone ever seen a PK with 4 D-men? I can see it perhaps tiring out the D for the next few shifts but what about 2-3 minutes left in the period?
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Almost spring like in 732 land. But about to change real fast this weekend as we may have to break out the heavy coats fast. it will be hockey weather for sure. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. Very quiet for us as this entire area is still recovering from the hurricane and the noreaster.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              was just wondering......has anyone ever seen a PK with 4 D-men? I can see it perhaps tiring out the D for the next few shifts but what about 2-3 minutes left in the period?
                              Some coaches try to re-invent the wheel. An unconvential way of motivating the PK forwards perhaps!!??
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                I have seen coaches go to 3 D men when they defend a 5 on 3. i seem to remember Mike Addesa doing it a couple of times back in the 80's. I do not recall ever seeing 4 D men defending but i suppose it could have been done.

Comment

Working...
                                X