PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Hockey Expansion Candidates - Your Preference

schiegs
11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Each of the candidates mentioned brings unique pros and cons to the mix. If you were king for a day, who would you pick?

Note: This is not necessarily who you predict will be the choice, but who you want.

AFHockeyFan
11-15-2012, 04:03 PM
The Middies should be right at home--ice is just frozen water anyway.

LtPowers
11-16-2012, 08:58 AM
The Middies should be right at home--ice is just frozen water anyway.

Hmm, maybe they won't be "lucky the ice is frozen"...

Powers &8^]

AFHockeyFan
11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Looks like Navy is winning going away. Not too surprising--pretty much the only school with national name recognition, a pretty large alumni/organizational fan following, and instant rivals for two teams already in the league. The "geographic expansion" without overly stressing travel (how long is the Acela trip from Boston to DC?) is probably a plus, too.
Now all we have to worry about is sequestration.

In URI's defense, they would have been my second pick if we were doing a "top three" or something.

FlagDUDE08
11-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Looks like Navy is winning going away. Not too surprising--pretty much the only school with national name recognition, a pretty large alumni/organizational fan following, and instant rivals for two teams already in the league. The "geographic expansion" without overly stressing travel (how long is the Acela trip from Boston to DC?) is probably a plus, too.
Now all we have to worry about is sequestration.

In URI's defense, they would have been my second pick if we were doing a "top three" or something.

Warm up the ship! :D

My signature should tell you who I picked...

Freddie
12-24-2012, 12:16 PM
PLEASE take UAH. It makes ZERO sense to consider any of these other options...NONE of which have D1 programs, while UAH is left an orphan

Downstate_RIT_Fan
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
The three service academies compete for the Commander in Chief Trophy in football, should Navy join AHA, perhaps they could find another trophy to compete for in Hockey to spice things up as a side dish in the AHA. Also I'm not sure abt the other rinks in the AHA but Tate Rink at West Point is sold out or near capacity every time Air Force shows up, I would think there would be a similar draw for Navy, regardless of the team it puts on the ice, at least a better showing than UCONN, who draws okay at Tate, but not like two service academies would going head to head.

komey1
01-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Guess it won't be UAH since they are going to the new WCHA.

QUAlum2004
02-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Norwich University should have been in this poll. They have had an elite D-3 hockey program the last decade.

Ed Trefzger
02-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Norwich University should have been in this poll. They have had an elite D-3 hockey program the last decade.

The NCAA closed the door on D-III programs playing up in one sport, so Norwich would not be eligible.

QUAlum2004
02-15-2013, 08:39 AM
The NCAA closed the door on D-III programs playing up in one sport, so Norwich would not be eligible.

I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up. Though that rule is kind of stupid though especially with Norwich having a quality hockey program.

Jesus of Suburbia
03-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Navy