X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2012-2013, Part 2

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Looks like Michigan is going to win the last Mason Cup. I predict they will slaughter the Irish tomorrow.

Looks like nWCHA fans on here think the Lakers will end up about 5th-8th next season.
    Quite the run by Michigan....a very impressive turn-around. Can't say that I'm happy about it and I hope the Irish kill them tomorrow but full kudos to Red and Michigan.

Who knows where and how the Lakers will end up next year. I will predict that they come roaring out of the gates in the first half, challenge for 1st place by the mid way point, have a dramatic second half collapse and peter out with a whimper in the first round of the play-offs....after all, that seems to be Roque's MO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
      Quite the run by Michigan....a very impressive turn-around. Can't say that I'm happy about it and I hope the Irish kill them tomorrow but full kudos to Red and Michigan.

Who knows where and how the Lakers will end up next year. I will predict that they come roaring out of the gates in the first half, challenge for 1st place by the mid way point, have a dramatic second half collapse and peter out with a whimper in the first round of the play-offs....after all, that seems to be Roque's MO.
      Just for fun; if you compare records of the nWCHA for this past season the Lakers would be in 4th place; still playing BG in the first round of the playoffs.
      Go Lakers!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Looks like Michigan is going to win the last Mason Cup. I predict they will slaughter the Irish tomorrow.

Looks like nWCHA fans on here think the Lakers will end up about 5th-8th next season.
        Probably 7th or 8th in pre-season predictions.

Comment

I think the lakers could be picked to finish 9th next season . They are bringing back absolutely nothing but a bunch of guys who collapsed and are losing the one guy who could score from time to time . Defense,offense,and even goaltending doesn't give much confidence for a better finish in the new league.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            I think the lakers could be picked to finish 9th next season . They are bringing back absolutely nothing but a bunch of guys who collapsed and are losing the one guy who could score from time to time . Defense,offense,and even goaltending doesn't give much confidence for a better finish in the new league.
            Seriously? I get that morale among Laker fans is down but you are clearly being overdramatic here....how can you objectively say that you think they will be picked to finish 9th when they will be in a league with 3 team (UAH, UAA, BSU) that combined to win less games than they did this year? Yes we lost most of the few consistent offensive contributors that we had this year but we were saying the same thing a couple years ago when the team lost Schofield, Acton and company and the next year the team finished with a better record. The team retains every member of a defense and goaltending corps that held teams to 2 goals or less 22 times this season....thats quite a foundation to build around. I don't see how anyone can objectively look at what is coming back next year for each team and not pick the Lakers to finish above UAH, UAA, BSU and NMU, who LSSU beat 3 of 4 times this year and who is losing one of their two offensive contributors and have zip in terms of experience coming back at the goaltender position....so at the bare minimum this team should be picked to finished 6th in the nWCHA next year.....and probably higher, in fact for all of you that are really down in the dumps, try this fact on for size: Minny State is the only nWCHA team that won more games than the Lakers this year.

Comment

Sm is a long time Roque hater who roots against the Lakers at every turn. I can't wait to see his comments when we finally do have a different coach.

Comment

meridian..I was all for Roque his first 5 years or so but the clock ran out . As for the Lakers finish . They are bringing back nothing more than a team of players who absolutely collasped this season. The one game that never should have happened but did and at home . The lost to Alabama was a look at how bad things for this team can go .

Comment

I always read the other threads for CCHA teams and others that are of interest. You just strike me as one of the most negative posters out there and your comments indicate to me that you have some type of agenda with coach Roque beyond his W/L record. That's Ok. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. A friend of mine (who also follows this thread) and I always comment about the timing of your posts. If the Lakers win on Friday night, you do not post at all with anything complimentary or congratulatory. However, if they lose on Saturday - boom! There you are, with something sarcastic or negative. Occasionally, we have bet on your timing - I even won $5 the last time. We used to do that for TS last year but that was too predictable (like the people "up there").

For the record, I always support the Lakers, no matter what and have supported the coach. Given that, I see both sides of the argument and would understand if the university decided to make a change. We have to be realistic though and understand that we can not do what WMU or BG did. We don't have the dollars to hire a current head coach from D1 or the USHL. we would have to go with an assistant somewhere who wants his own program. Maybe, a D3 coach. I am betting that LSSU will discuss with the coach what their expectations are in the new WCHA. We have two good goaltenders but just lost a bit of offense. We'll have to see.
                  Last edited by MeridianStreet; 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

After 8 years of bottom of the half standings finishes, second half collapses, continued excuses, off-ice incidents with linesman, attendance dropping each year, interest dropping even more, playoff crowds in the hundreds, the list goes on, you would think that you people up there would get it and demand change. But when I think the facts are obvious, you people resort to your name calling, blame everything else, aw shucks it not Jim Roque's fault, give him another year, a new conference, and things will be peachy.

Once again myself and the few others on here with some common sense will be proven right this time next year, and it will be you people who are in positions to keep this man in power, that will be left blaming everything else, but the root cause of all your problems.

The Truth Is Out There....
                    TBA

Comment

Meridian..seems you don't read to well . I have given the Lakers good remarks on many a win and said that is the way the team needs to keep playing. I came up with what team is showing up,the A team or the B team and said the A team can play anyone. Meridian,seems you were not here during the Borek years when everyone and their mother (except Fricker )was calling for his removal and people were fine with that. Seems people wanted Anzalone removed on here and people were fine with that . Now Roque has taken the team to no new heights and it becomes ok but not for Borek and Anazalone not to keep their jobs. Meridain,didn't Roque apply for that Clarksons job a couple years back ? Maybe they need to get rid of Roque before he gets rid of them .

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                        I always read the other threads for CCHA teams and others that are of interest. You just strike me as one of the most negative posters out there and your comments indicate to me that you have some type of agenda with coach Roque beyond his W/L record. That's Ok. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. A friend of mine (who also follows this thread) and I always comment about the timing of your posts. If the Lakers win on Friday night, you do not post at all with anything complimentary or congratulatory. However, if they lose on Saturday - boom! There you are, with something sarcastic or negative. Occasionally, we have bet on your timing - I even won $5 the last time. We used to do that for TS last year but that was too predictable (like the people "up there").

For the record, I always support the Lakers, no matter what and have supported the coach. Given that, I see both sides of the argument and would understand if the university decided to make a change. We have to be realistic though and understand that we can not do what WMU or BG did. We don't have the dollars to hire a current head coach from D1 or the USHL. we would have to go with an assistant somewhere who wants his own program. Maybe, a D3 coach. I am betting that LSSU will discuss with the coach what their expectations are in the new WCHA. We have two good goaltenders but just lost a bit of offense. We'll have to see.
                        I would have to disagree with you about sm2pk. I have always felt he always had some great input on this thread and did have good things to say about the Lakers and also expressed his frustrations about the Lakers just like most everyone here including myself.
                        Go Lakers!

Comment

With Michigan out of the NCAAs for the first time since 1990, the Lakers will have the most NCAA championships (as well as NCAA championship game appearances)as a CCHA member in it's 42 year history. That's something we should be proud of.
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            With Michigan out of the NCAAs for the first time since 1990, the Lakers will have the most NCAA championships (as well as NCAA championship game appearances)as a CCHA member in it's 42 year history. That's something we should be proud of.
                            Something to hang our hats on for sure...any way congrats to Notre Dame and Jeff Jackson!!!! Thank you for denying Michigan!

We have to be realistic though and understand that we can not do what WMU or BG did. We don't have the dollars to hire a current head coach from D1 or the USHL. we would have to go with an assistant somewhere who wants his own program. Maybe, a D3 coach. I am betting that LSSU will discuss with the coach what their expectations are in the new WCHA. We have two good goaltenders but just lost a bit of offense. We'll have to see.
                            Plenty of worthy candidates in both the USHL and D-3 ranks, not to mention the many assistant D-1 coaches who would love a crack at the helm, for even less pay. The thing is Meridian, few of us here have any confidence left in Roque. It doesn't matter what kind of team he ices, the results are the same...he cannot get it done. Perhaps next year he will prove us all wrong, but past history suggests he won't!

Comment

OK guys. It's just my take on it. I think there is a difference between being critical and being negative. When the Lakers win their first game next season you can chime in that night with an "attaboy."

I was here for the Borek years and both sets of Anzalone years so I think I have seen more than most. Roque did apply for Clarkson years ago but did not interview. I don't hold it against anyone who applies for another job to better their position. I'm sure the pay is higher and the budget bigger there. He was an asst there so he gave it a shot. Coach Roque will be here next year and I would expect that the team need to finish in the upper half.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                                OK guys. It's just my take on it. I think there is a difference between being critical and being negative. When the Lakers win their first game next season you can chime in that night with an "attaboy."

I was here for the Borek years and both sets of Anzalone years so I think I have seen more than most. Roque did apply for Clarkson years ago but did not interview. I don't hold it against anyone who applies for another job to better their position. I'm sure the pay is higher and the budget bigger there. He was an asst there so he gave it a shot. Coach Roque will be here next year and I would expect that the team need to finish in the upper half.
                                I don't think anyone here holds it against Roque when he applied for the Clarkson job, after-all its his right to try and improve his position in life. In a similar vein though, you can say it's a fan's right to ask for better results and call for changes when necessary. It does not mean that the fan is negative towards the program, he/she just wants to see better results.
                                I think it's safe to say that most posters here are fans and want to see a change in coaching in order for the program to get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X