This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2012-2013, Part 2

I think the Lakers can definitely beat BGSU, however I don't think they can beat Miami or Notre Dame in the 2nd round.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

To beat Bowling Green,the Lakers have to attack their defensive zone and crash the net for rebounds and screening their goalie . Bowling Green will do exactly that against the Lakers and the Lakers don't handle pressure real well .

Comment

It sounds like we might be getting Robert Morris for a home non-conference series in October. Not finalized yet, but that's the way it's looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          It sounds like we might be getting Robert Morris for a home non-conference series in October. Not finalized yet, but that's the way it's looking.
          I'll take it. Not the best opponent, but it's better than nothing and the Lakers need home games in October.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            I'll take it. Not the best opponent, but it's better than nothing and the Lakers need home games in October.
            Robert Morris got a point in the rankings and that one more than the Lakers received .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              Robert Morris got a point in the rankings and that one more than the Lakers received .
              They are also 21st in the Pair wise rankings, which is 10-15 spots ahead of the Lakers.

Comment

Looks like former Laker Steven Oleksky got recalled from Hersey of the AHL and should make his NHL debut with the Washington Capitals. He also signed a one year contract as well.

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658615

Good for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                  They are also 21st in the Pair wise rankings, which is 10-15 spots ahead of the Lakers.

Robert Morris also went 5-1-1 in non conference games with wins over Miami,Ohio state, Penn State,and Quinnipiac the number one team in the nation. Robert Morris would be a very good team to bring in to play the Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Robert Morris also went 5-1-1 in non conference games with wins over Miami,Ohio state, Penn State,and Quinnipiac the number one team in the nation. Robert Morris would be a very good team to bring in to play the Lakers.
                    I didn't realize Robert Morris was that good this year. Great news then! I assume they will travel to Robert Morris in 2014-15 as well. The non-conference schedule lined for next year looks pretty good (Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Union, Robert Morris). Could the Lakers play a 5th non conference series if they go to both Alaska schools (which they should)?

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
                      John Bell definitely has a voice for radio, but I'm not so sure it's a voice for play-by-play.

Are you saying he has a face that was made for radio? haha

Comment

Coach Roque hinted at last night's radio show that he was going to look at the goalie situation this week, but kind of hinted he was leaning toward Kapalka. Any thoughts?
                        I don't mind who Roque starts. Kapalka has the playoff experience, however it seems the defense plays better in front of Murdock.

Comment

Coach Roque hinted at last night's radio show that he was going to look at the goalie situation this week, but kind of hinted he was leaning toward Kapalka. Any thoughts?
                          I'd be surprised if Kapalka and Murdoch didn't each get a start. If it goes to a third game, Roque will probably go with whoever he thought played best in the first two games. If both guys are playing well, I don't know why he would change his philosophy now. On the flip side, me may feel the best way to get to the Joe is go with whoever is hot, and whoever he starts Friday will get the Saturday game also if they win on Friday.

Comment

LSSU has released Tyler Marble from his commitment for next year.

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=78588
                            Big loss. What happens if Kapalka leaves and signs a pro contract?

Comment

LSSU has released Tyler Marble from his commitment for next year.

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=78588
                              I guess it will be status quo for goaltending next season. I wonder if the Laker coaching staff kind of lost confidence in Marble for a period of time. He verbally committed very early but didn't really do much in Juniors until he started coming on late last season, playing for a strong defensive team (Wellington) in the OJHL. And by that time they had already brought in Murdock, which even aside from Ravn also being on the team, set up a potential goalie overload for the Lakers next season. Sounds like Marble wanted to play a lot right away and didn't feel confident of having that opportunity at LSSU. So two seasons from now we'll have three freshmen goalies, unless they find another transfer at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                Big loss. What happens if Kapalka leaves and signs a pro contract?
                                At one time Roque may have been thinking that might happen, maybe even hoping it would happen (this past year), but I don't think Kapalka has had a solid enough season that it's likely he will turn pro early, especially with the shoulder problems acting up again. If he (or Murdock for that matter) did turn pro following this season, we'd still be in decent shape in net going into next season; and the coaches would find another goalie to replace him if he left.

Comment

Working...
                                X