X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2012-2013, Part 2

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    He's a little banged up. He probably could have played but the coaches decided to rest him given it's a non-conference opponent. Same situation with Drapluk.

Bill ,the way this team plays from week to week,Roque may not have played them due to his astrology chart.

Comment

Worst laker game in many years. Worst. Maybe one of the most frustrating games i have ever watched. No division one program is a push over, but that was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
        I meant to say, they play DIII teams.
        By necessity, and for this season only, not by choice.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          After tonight's game,the coach should issue an apology for calling this a team.
          Huntsville is better than their 0-9-1 record indicated. There were some bad breaks. The refs were awful.

Just practicing some excuses for the Roque apologists on here. Sorry to steal some of you people's thunder, but I'm sure you will have an excuse for last night and another season of more of the same as the past 7.
          Last edited by Truth Serum; 11-17-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
            Geez................UAH got clobbered 9-1 by Bentley on 10/26 and then lost to AIC the next night. Are the Lakers a strong DIII team or even that good???
            New coaches, new systems, one of those weekends all teams have once and awhile. But were more competitive previous two weekends vs. rising St. Lawrence and Northeastern, seem to be getting a little better each week. Bulk of this team did beat UNO and Denver, took UMD and Maine to overtime last year.

Comment

Lakers2Glory . We have been waiting 15 years for Lake State to discover offense .

Comment

The Lakers need to not just score more goals, but score earlier in games. Through their first 11 games, they've scored 26 goals, but only 3 of those were in the 1st period.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  The Lakers need to not just score more goals, but score earlier in games. Through their first 11 games, they've scored 26 goals, but only 3 of those were in the 1st period.
                  Did you count the 3 goals scored in the 1st period tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                    Did you count the 3 goals scored in the 1st period tonight?
                    I'd be happier if they scored again before the end of the game (other than in an empty net).

Comment

Congrats to Murdock on his first career shutout as he continues to impress everyone. He has to get the nod next Friday against the Buckeyes even if Kapalka is ready to go. You have to play the hot hand.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

A lost and no power play goals against the 58th ranked team in the nation. This team needs to find out why they are a roller coaster team .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          A lost and no power play goals against the 58th ranked team in the nation. This team needs to find out why they are a roller coaster team .
                          8th place, inconsistent play night to night, crowds starting to dwindle, and we haven't even hit the traditional collapse in the second half of the season. I don't know why you people up there are so shocked and surprised at this anymore, you have seen it now for quite some time the past 8 seasons and will continue to see it with this guy in charge.

The record and lack of success speaks for itself, and only the biggest cheerleaders and apologists can defend more of the same this year and for the years to come.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                          TBA
                          TBA
                          Last edited by Truth Squad; 11-18-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

By the sounds of it I'm glad we went to last nights game. The first period looked pretty good; but the 2nd and 3rd they played to their compition; slow and poorly. I have watched them for years and have always respected the way they play in the last min or two at the end of the game. They need to learn to take some of that intensity and put it through out the game. They may not find themselves on the short end of the stick as often. But its back to the 'A' Team or 'B' Team. I'm hoping the 'A' Team will show up this weekend.
                            Go Lakers!

Comment

Lakers MUST sweep next weekend on their home ice. .500 on home isn't going to cut it. Lakers play two very tough road series at Notre Dame and Miami after the OSU series.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                                By the sounds of it I'm glad we went to last nights game. The first period looked pretty good; but the 2nd and 3rd they played to their compition; slow and poorly. I have watched them for years and have always respected the way they play in the last min or two at the end of the game. They need to learn to take some of that intensity and put it through out the game. They may not find themselves on the short end of the stick as often. But its back to the 'A' Team or 'B' Team. I'm hoping the 'A' Team will show up this weekend.
                                Something,someone,somehow,somewhere this team needs to fire up each game and play as if every game is a playoff game and they can't imitate the team they are playing against. I have never seen so many A games and B games by one team in my life as you do with this team year in and year out.

Comment

Working...
                                X