Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you allow your son/daughter to be recruited to your most hated rival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you allow your son/daughter to be recruited to your most hated rival?

They would compete in the uniform of your most hated rival against your alma mater...ok or not ok?

Do you discourage it? Try to steer them away? Say you are ok and pray they choose elsewhere?

Never talk to them again? Don't talk for 4 years?
    Last edited by pirate; 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM.
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Re: Would you allow your son/daughter to be recruited to your mosted hated rival?

theoretically, this could happen to my niece. and I would be totally ok with it. mostly because my alma mater does not have womens hockey.

Comment

Re: Would you allow your son/daughter to be recruited to your most hated rival?

Originally posted by pirate View Post
      They would compete in the uniform of your most hated rival against your alma mater...ok or not ok?

Do you discourage it? Try to steer them away? Say you are ok and pray they choose elsewhere?

Never talk to them again? Don't talk for 4 years?
      Or you could just support him/her. If they want to play there, be proud they have a chance to play, especially if they are receiving a first-class education via scholarship. They wouldn't have gone that far if it weren't for you; the least you can do is support the child's play, even if you don't wish to root for the team.

Comment

Given the odds ..and how hard it is to get & skate at D1 heck yes..absolutely I would not care.

It's not about me.. its (would be) their time. Take the opportunity, the education, the experience .. everything.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If I had a kid being recruited to my most hated rival his mother would have some 'splaining to do. Or my doctor.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Tell your kid that you fully support them playing for the arch rival program.
            Better yet, go one step further and them that is what you want them to do.
            Your son / daughter will instantly lose all interest in said program because...
            "It's what Mom and Dad want me to do..."

Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I don't have to worry because neither of my sons would ever sell their soul.

Comment

I would have no problem with it...

However, there would be no holds barred when it came to taunting and sh*t talking

They are adults at that point and need to learn to deal with it....
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Given the odds ..and how hard it is to get & skate at D1 heck yes..absolutely I would not care.

It's not about me.. its (would be) their time. Take the opportunity, the education, the experience .. everything.
                  even if she were to become a Terrier?

Comment

This is a legitimately difficult question. My wife semi-jokingly asks me this all the time.

I'd be able to deal with it. I think. But I'd prefer not to think about it unless I had to.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

sure. i would hope he scored a hattie and lost 4-3.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

He or she better get a full ride because I wouldn't be paying for it.
                        1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

There are some variables at play here.

But in short, I'd let my son play for BU as long as Jack Parker was gone and the next coach isn't a complete buffoon like Jack Parker.

Then you do what mookie says and root for the kid at all times and hope the kid does well but your alma mater still wins when the two match up. At this rate of BC winning 3 titles every 5 years, I'm ok with that and would hope my kid could swipe one of the titles in the other 2 years (which BU did in fact did in 2009 ).
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Probably.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

My dad, a U of M grad, encouraged me to make my own choice with regards to where I wanted to attend college. U of M was on the final short list, but obviously I didn't go there. So I feel that I'd owe any future hockey-playing kids who made it that far the same respect. If Northern or LSSU recruited my son, and he decided to play there, I'd support him (but only him).

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              sure. i would hope he scored a hattie and lost 4-3.
                              I like this attitude!

Comment

Working...
                              X