PDA

View Full Version : Would you allow your son/daughter to be recruited to your most hated rival?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

MadCityRich
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
No problem here! If the goofs wanted MCRJr to play for them (full ride of course), I would've been pushing him out the door before it hit him in the ***!! (MSOE cost me an arm & my left nut). Of course it would be his choice however.....:D.

Lawson_lunatic27
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Western Michigan's rival is Central Michigan in most sports and I would disown my child for wanting to go to that community college filled with degenerate, quasi-inbred, couch-burning clown pounders. However given that this thread is on USCHO Western Michigan's hockey rival is Michigan and I would be absolutely delighted to see my offspring attend Harvard-West (University of Michigan).

MichPieGuy
11-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Depends on which rival, caliber of the school and the level of healthy hate. (All conjectural, my kids are out of the nest and got good degrees at one of my schools of choice!) If they went to ssso (the place in Columbus), or South Bend, or South Bend East Campus (the one in Boston), or any other MA campus, there would be hell to pay. If they went to CC or Gophertown, good schools in nice parts of the country and more power to them. If they headed for Sconnie, I'd require them first to burn an old B&W of Jeff Sauer the Headhunter. Anyplace in HE or ECAC, probably would be cut out of the family inheritance. If they went to Grand Forks, I would have to call for a sanity test. And see if the snowdrifts had blinded them. And then see if the school would let me pick the new nickname if I let him play there.

owslachief
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Western Michigan's rival is Central Michigan in most sports and I would disown my child for wanting to go to that community college filled with degenerate, quasi-inbred, couch-burning clown pounders. However given that this thread is on USCHO Western Michigan's hockey rival is Michigan and I would be absolutely delighted to see my offspring attend Harvard-West (University of Michigan).

Stick with CMU.

As for couch-burning, I'm certain I'd more likely see that demonstrated inside Lawson than in Mt. Pleasant.

You could however rival Ann Arbor for most dangerous entry to I-94.

MUhawks628
11-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Of course....but it wouldn't make Athens, OH any less disgusting...

Seriously, has anyone in that city ever heard of a broom?

We don't really have a true, reciprocated hockey rival, so no problems there!

Onion Man
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
They would compete in the uniform of your most hated rival against your alma mater...ok or not ok?

Do you discourage it? Try to steer them away? Say you are ok and pray they choose elsewhere?

Never talk to them again? Don't talk for 4 years?

What kind of a-hole would discourage their kid from playing D1 hockey at a college of THEIR choice? Good Lord some people take this stuff too seriously. The correct answer is you root for your son/daughter regardless of where they played for the four years they were there.

burd
11-13-2012, 05:01 PM
What kind of a-hole would discourage their kid from playing D1 hockey at a college of THEIR choice? Good Lord some people take this stuff too seriously. The correct answer is you root for your son/daughter regardless of where they played for the four years they were there.

Good lord some people take what is said on this board too literally. Do we have to use icons for every comment made in jest? Have some fun.

Tiggsy
11-13-2012, 05:10 PM
They would compete in the uniform of your most hated rival against your alma mater...ok or not ok?

Do you discourage it? Try to steer them away? Say you are ok and pray they choose elsewhere?

Never talk to them again? Don't talk for 4 years?

Having my kids leave me alone for 4 years does sound enticing.... hmmm....

But the bonus of not paying for college trumps everything. So have at it, kids. But one of my boys did say they were considering giving up hockey for a season to try out basketball or wrestling. We'll see if he remembers that next fall.

MUnRPI
11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
I would never let my child play at Ohio State. It's like. the honey boo boo as far as universities go.

RKarger
11-17-2012, 06:03 PM
No kid of mine would ever go to Union...but I'd have to let them go to Clarkson, my sister goes there. :P