Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver at Minnesota State 11/9 and 11/10

Originally posted by MAVSFAN4EVER View Post
    While I enjoy seeing the Gophers struggle, they will be will be a force by March. Denver will get their shot at them soon enough, then you can decide if they are underachieving.
    This...

While I don't see Minnesota winning the whole thing, I don't see them stumbling through the whole season. They'll find their high gear.
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

No live DU game chat? Doremus got wacked, DU on a PP
      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Nice job responding to a 3-0 defecit. Learned again tonight can't just play 30 minutes. Bring it for 60 and we can be a very good hockey team.

LaFontaine was misconduct, not DQ, meaning he's back, correct?
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          Nice job responding to a 3-0 defecit. Learned again tonight can't just play 30 minutes. Bring it for 60 and we can be a very good hockey team.

LaFontaine was misconduct, not DQ, meaning he's back, correct?
          If it was not a DQ he can play tomorrow. A game misconduct is for the remainder of the current game only and a DQ is the current game plus the next.

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
            No live DU game chat? Doremus got wacked, DU on a PP
            Bacher is gone. Interns would help at Magness, but I don;r rhink they get to travel.
            Score Update in the Forum here--only place I know to go.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              If it was not a DQ he can play tomorrow. A game misconduct is for the remainder of the current game only and a DQ is the current game plus the next.
              Well played by Denver tonight...as Jay said...always wild and whacky in Mankato.
              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                I was just making sure it was called as a misconduct. Thanks.
                AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Bacher is gone. Interns would help at Magness, but I don't think they get to travel.
                  Score Update in the Forum here--only place I know to go.
                  That shouldn't matter. Wasn't he replaced? Someone else should be handling it, rather than just drop it; especially on the no-TV trips. They should send ME
                  I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

so far so good. I'd love another win tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                      so far so good. I'd love another win tonight!
                      We need it more, our turn tonight?
                      AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        but I could see Mankato taking 3 points in a pair of quirky games.
                        Yep. Good call... ...I look forward to the rest of your highly-skilled predictions of impending Pio doom for the rest of the season, if for no other reason as to rub yer face in it.

Comment

Now here is where I would gloat if I had predicted four points. But since all I did is say that I'd be disappointed with less, I will just state that, actually, I am a bit disappointed. The guys took WAY too many penalties, and DU was probably darn lucky to get those four points.

But, then, four points on the road is a mighty nice thing to have. Go DU!

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            Now here is where I would gloat if I had predicted four points. But since all I did is say that I'd be disappointed with less, I will just state that, actually, I am a bit disappointed. The guys took WAY too many penalties, and DU was probably darn lucky to get those four points.

But, then, four points on the road is a mighty nice thing to have. Go DU!
                            Go ahead. Gloat a bit, talk a little smack. Why not? It's good for the soul...and, yes, GO DU!!!!

Comment

The Mavs easily could've had 4 points this weekend, but came up with none. Great time to have a bye week and work some kinks out, and get things rolling the right direction hopefully. We're still a much better team than last year. Just have to piece this thing together!
                              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                The Mavs easily could've had 4 points this weekend, but came up with none.
                                Congrats to the Mavs players who fought back resiliently this weekend.

The games were very, very close this weekend, but you guys were a million miles away from getting four points this weekend. DU got big leads on both nights and then did enough to hang on.

DU hasn't been swept in a WCHA series in four years. You are not going to beat a team like DU by giving up the first three goals on Friday & the first two goals on Saturday.

Could a team like MSU-M defeat DU in a one game playoff series? Absolutely.

Listen to your own coach, who is doing a great job BTW.

"We have a tendency to make it difficult on ourselves,” Mavericks coach Mike Hastings said. “We’re just not a deep enough hockey team to be able to do that. Nobody is in the WCHA."

“It doesn’t matter, (if it’s) the first-place team, which is Denver, all the way down to the bottom. The game’s too difficult. It’s such a fine line between winning hockey games and losing hockey games. Tonight, in my opinion, that cost us two points.”
                                Last edited by dggoddard; 11-11-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X