Minnesota @ Alaska Anchorage: 11/9-11/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Alaska Anchorage: 11/9-11/10

Minnesota travels to Alaska Anchorage to take on the Seawolves this weekend. Minnesota split with Mankato in a home and home series and UAA had a bye week.

Edit: looks like the game will be streamed on GCI, I remember that being pretty solid as far as the quality goes.

http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/uaa.portal#

go
    Last edited by Driftryder; 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Alaska Anchorage: 11/9-11/10

Split.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Split.
      Yeah, it would be nice to play hard for all 6 periods and sweep but it feels like a split. We'll see which team shows up ready to skate hard.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

I'll be there, proudly wearing my Tech jersey.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Seawolves sweep.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Seawolves sweep.
            Pretty much. No team that splits with Mankato can even think about a split with AA.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Having played only six games there really is precious little to go by in terms of what sort of game the Seawolves are likely to play this weekend. As I see it they've really only played one good game (the 3-3 tie against UND). The rest have been spotty. This is a retooled squad essentially. In the good game they did learn that with solid goaltending that they are capable of getting up and down the ice with anyone. The fundamentals have mostly been good but getting rubber to the net hasn't been stellar.

This is pretty clearly a team that has had the most success when they've been counterattacking and opportunistic. 4 shorthanded goals in just 6 games isn't anything at which one sneezes. The power play hasn't been good. The defense has looked sound with minimal mistakes with three veterans and three rookies. #37 freshman Chris Williams has been stellar on the back end. On offense #9 freshman Blake Tatchell has had a real nice start, he's skilled, quick and has excellent ice sense. Scoring has been mostly by committee with sophomore Scott Allen in a nice early season groove leading the way with 4 goals.

If they have the confidence to play a skating game and the energy to maintain that through the weekend then there's no reason to think they can't do better than just two points. But they are going to have to have a good first period Friday after the bye week and come out really ready to play and put in the proper effort. If they falter early for any reason then it could be a long weekend for the Seawolves and an enjoyable plane ride home for the golden showers.

Comment

Could this be Minnesota's last trip to Alaska for a long, long time....maybe its last ever?
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Could this be Minnesota's last trip to Alaska for a long, long time....maybe its last ever?
                  With the Kendall Classic and the Goal Rush I doubt it.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Even if they avoid a sweep and split, Minnesota might just be forced to fold its hockey program altogether pursuant to a little known Anti-shame covenant signed by H Brooks and unnamed UMinn officials way back when the program really was something. Reportedly, Brooks saw the early signs of decay and wanted desperately to protect his legacy, so he insisted that if the Gophers were what he called "pitiful" for four of any five consecutive years, the program would terminate without notice and the players would be free to transfer to a real hockey program. The only person known to have seen the actual document, besides the surviving UMinn officials, is Zach Parise, who called it a "game changer" for him. Only one gopher fan, Scooby Dioux, saw it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      With the Kendall Classic and the Goal Rush I doubt it.
                      Considering Lucia's history in Fairbanks and Anchorage, I doubt this will be the Gophers' last trip to Alaska.

Seawolves split...what the heck.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Considering Lucia's history in Fairbanks and Anchorage, I doubt this will be the Gophers' last trip to Alaska.
                        Could be, but the Gophers will have no problem arranging non-conference opponents. I read that they won't even play North Dakota, possibly their biggest rival, for at least four years. They are committed to playing the other four Minnesota-based schools each and every year, so there isn't much room on their schedule to play other teams.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

So will this be double your pleasure, double your fun with more Canisius style TRAP CRAP?

Comment

Could be, but the Gophers will have no problem arranging non-conference opponents. I read that they won't even play North Dakota, possibly their biggest rival, for at least four years. They are committed to playing the other four Minnesota-based schools each and every year, so there isn't much room on their schedule to play other teams.
                            Considering the two extra games the Gophers would get from a trip to Alaska, I'm betting they would jump at a chance to take a road trip to Anchorage or _airbanks. Two games is a lot of revenue for the Gophers.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                              So will this be double your pleasure, double your fun with more Canisius style TRAP CRAP?
                              Nope. Ask UND.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X