Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Alaska Anchorage: 11/9-11/10

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Great. Now I have to figure that crap out. Or hope my computer somehow doesn't act finicky. I suppose if you go to the website, and click on the link, it will prompt you to install it?
    Rube.

No. What you need to do is listen to Dirty. He says you're screwed. Why not just accept that as truth?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Rube.

No. What you need to do is listen to Dirty. He says you're screwed. Why not just accept that as truth?
      I'm sure it's easy enough, but it's just a minor hassle. If it's quicker then when I installed the Amazon Video feature, then that's a bonus. THAT was a PITA. Way more tedious than it needed to be.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Well thank you Donald. You are pleasant as always. It's a wonder why your press pass was not renewed.

Brent, I think you should be able to watch the game on your PS3 as the feed no longer uses Realplayer, as it used to. It is now using Adobe Flash. So as long as you have Flash installed on your PS3, you should be good to go.
        Believe his Kindle can do Flash as well. Is it a Kindle Fire?
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Yes. I haven't really used it for streaming yet, but I think it's capable. The only time I tried streaming was via the Netflix app (and I just tested it to see how it looked/worked), and it worked fine. Not optimal viewing, but it works.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            If the Techie says it can do it, then it must be true!
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I learned long ago never to doubt Twitch and technology. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                RE: Possession Brand Hockey

First, I'd just point out there's more than one way to skin a cat.
                But I also think you have to consider the size of the ice sheet. MN plays well over half their games on Olympic sized ice. UAA plays well over half on an NHL sized sheet. That makes a difference.

When UAA has come to Mariucci, they do usually try to slow the game down and stack the blue line a bit, waiting for transition opportunities. But up in Anchorage, most the games I've seen them play (and I've seen quite a few thanks to their fantastic internet presence) involve a lot of board and corner play. I'm not sure they've been successful enough in their intent to really say they are a possession team, but I can certainly see how some would say that is the intent.

For what it's worth, I think Shyiak is a pretty good coach. I've stated before that I'm pretty curious about what he could do with a team that was able to recruit a bit more top-end talent. The trouble I see for him (from a few thousand miles away) is that it's hard to keep kids "buying in" when winning seasons are hard to come by.
                I know this thread is way past this, but the Sullivan and Mariucci arenas are the same size.

Point well taken though
                _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                  I know this thread is way past this, but the Sullivan and Mariucci arenas are the same size.

Point well taken though
                  Yeah, someone already pointed that out. My mistake.
                  UAA does (at least historically) like to get the puck deep and play along the boards/in the corners, though.
                  And the success they have had seems to me to be because of a methodical execution of that style.
                  So I stand by my statement that I can definitely understand how you could say UAA attempts to play a possession-style game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Really not that much to being a techie once you reach a certain point. Basically, it was:

1) Google "can kindle do flash."
                    2) Report results.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Really not that much to being a techie once you reach a certain point. Basically, it was:

1) Google "can kindle do flash."
                      2) Report results.
                      So basically, Google knows?
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Minnesota @ Alaska Anchorage: 11/9-11/10

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/funny.gif****** *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/GAMEDAYGOPHERS.gif****** *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/smiley-cool11.gif******

Time to eat some Seapups. Gophers sweep.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/Dogeating.jpg******
                        Alert PETA!!
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Is there any sort of pregame show on the online feed or does it just pretty much start when the game starts?
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            Is there any sort of pregame show on the online feed or does it just pretty much start when the game starts?
                            I wanna say no pregame, but I've only done the streaming once, and I can't remember for sure.

Comment

Is Wilcox getting the start tonight?
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Is Wilcox getting the start tonight?
                                Dunno yet, but I'd think he would be. Tomorrow would prob be the big question on who's in net...

Comment

Working...
                                X