Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Alaska Anchorage: 11/9-11/10

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    The egregious exaggeration employed from your elevated equine is equally empty as it is entirely uneducated.

Minor alliterative redundancies aside, every team traps situationally in the WCHA. It was Dean Talafous who trapped continuously. Shyiak's previous strategy has been one to take advantage of size and strength and try at least to make a possession game work; that didn't work so much because he was a bit behind the curve of the league dynamic toward speed. So that is no longer the case as for at least the last two recruiting cycles he's been much more focused on bringing in skaters. Of course you wouldn't know that since like nearly every Gopher fan you take zero time to engage yourself with regard to opponents; especially UAA. That is of course not a biggee since you all don't really consider the Seawolves much of a worthy opponent. But at least, don't pretend you know what they are about. You don't. Your first opportunity to learn something though is here. Ask the Seawolves fans who are here questions and you'll get their answers. Or continue with the stupidity. It's up to you.

Never forget I can out-condescend anyone on this board including you.
    Hint: you'd be more efficacious to "out-condescend" others ex-blogman by abdicating the personification of superfluity. That's sloppy scholarship Donald (Grade: C-). I won't take the time to provide an etymological critique of your loquacious harangue and lexical train wreck, other than it comically seems to represent the salient reaction formation of your castration anxiety and Daddy issues. I hope you enjoyed your refractory period.

Nevertheless, back on point...the last time the Gophers played the Seamutts was earlier this year in the WCHA playoffs. Shyiak was trap happy again and used the TRAP CRAP extensively, especially in the Sat. game when the Seamutts were gassed and ran out of canned dog food.

That's why Erik Haula, who had a huge 6 point weekend, stated to the press that the Seamutts were "frustrating" (as in swatting mosquitoes) to play against because of the wimpy TRAP CRAP. By the way, this is indisputable ***clown. From a fan perspective, I would substitute the word, "boring" for "frustrating", but whatever...you get the point Muttslut? Nothing really changes on Shyiak's playbook napkin.

Is it any wonder why this type of lame*** hockey is one of the reasons UAA are perennial bottom feeders and will record a pathetic 19th losing season in a row this year? Last year was the 2nd worst year in Shyiak's illustrious 8 year coaching tenure at UAA (9-25-2). Please keep him around...good teams need a few doormats once in a while to pad their stats.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/obama_applause.gif******

Comment

My guess is Alaska is in the Alaska Time Zone, but I could be wrong. Either way, sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I hope so. Not sure if we'll go on Friday or Saturday though. I'm thinking Saturday. Why, are you in Anchorage again?
        Yep. Flying up Friday, and planning on being there for both games.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Weekend preview from Gophersports

The No. 2 Minnesota men's hockey team returns to Western Collegiate Hockey Association action this weekend on the road at Alaska Anchorage. The Gophers are 54-19-7 all-time against the Seawolves heading into the weekend including a total of four wins last season. Minnesota swept a regular-season series in Anchorage last season during the first half, topping the home team 5-0 on Oct. 28 before completing the sweep the next evening with a 3-1 win. The two conference foes also met in the first round of the WCHA playoffs -- this time in Minneapolis -- with the Gophers picking up wins of 2-1 and 7-3 to advance to the WCHA Final Five.

Alaska Anchorage (2-2-2 overall, 0-1-1 WCHA) opened conference play last weekend with a 1-4 loss and a 3-3 overtime tie at North Dakota after going 2-1-1 in nonconference action (the team's only nonconference loss was also against North Dakota in the Brice Alaska Gold Rush). Scott Allen (4-1--5), Alex Gellert (3-2--5) and Matt Bailey (1-4--5) lead the Seawolves offensively while Rob Gunderson (1-0-2, 2.86, .889) and Chris Kamal (1-2-0, 3.00, .896) have split the workload in net for Alaska Anchorage.

Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Shyiak's previous strategy has been one to take advantage of size and strength and try at least to make a possession game work; that didn't work so much because he was a bit behind the curve of the league dynamic toward speed. So that is no longer the case as for at least the last two recruiting cycles he's been much more focused on bringing in skaters.
            Run a "possession game" based upon strength and size and not skating ability? Wow, that's brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              Run a "possession game" based upon strength and size and not skating ability? Wow, that's brilliant.
              *****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg******
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Yep. Flying up Friday, and planning on being there for both games.
                Wow, tight schedule! Looks like we'll be there on Friday. Probably be sitting in the balcony near Twitch Boy.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Wow, tight schedule! Looks like we'll be there on Friday. Probably be sitting in the balcony near Twitch Boy.
                  Yeah, our flight lands at 6:30, and we're going straight to the game, we might miss the first few minutes, but what can ya do? I'm going to wear my black Tech jersey and my girlfriend will have her Gopher jersey.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

To those who are familiar with hockey a "possession game" is when you chip the puck in deep ... win the puck and then work it deep and along the boards in an attempt to get it out front for a scoring chance. It is not as you seem to assume a soccer game where you ensure accurate passes to open players in order to control the ball and the flow of the game. Attempting (as I said ... ) "...to take advantage of size and strength and try at least to make a possession game work; that didn't work so much..." means exactly that. Size and strength are the attributes that suit such a style best; so yeah junior ... the "skating ability" in your context doesn't come into it much. Watch hockey for 40 years and listen to the coaches and analysts that have played the game and you'll learn something about the game that passively "cheering for the gophers" won't provide. Don't be a Brent. Nobody really wants to see that. Learn the game.

Also, your earlier apology is accepted.

Comment

The egregious exaggeration employed from your elevated equine is equally empty as it is entirely uneducated.

Minor alliterative redundancies aside, every team traps situationally in the WCHA. It was Dean Talafous who trapped continuously. Shyiak's previous strategy has been one to take advantage of size and strength and try at least to make a possession game work; that didn't work so much because he was a bit behind the curve of the league dynamic toward speed. So that is no longer the case as for at least the last two recruiting cycles he's been much more focused on bringing in skaters. Of course you wouldn't know that since like nearly every Gopher fan you take zero time to engage yourself with regard to opponents; especially UAA. That is of course not a biggee since you all don't really consider the Seawolves much of a worthy opponent. But at least, don't pretend you know what they are about. You don't. Your first opportunity to learn something though is here. Ask the Seawolves fans who are here questions and you'll get their answers. Or continue with the stupidity. It's up to you.

Never forget I can out-condescend anyone on this board including you.
                      Why Mr. Taggert......

"The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Yeah, our flight lands at 6:30, and we're going straight to the game, we might miss the first few minutes, but what can ya do? I'm going to wear my black Tech jersey and my girlfriend will have her Gopher jersey.
                        Okay! I think we're going to be there on Friday, I'll look for you two.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

To those who are familiar with hockey a "possession game" is when you chip the puck in deep ... win the puck and then work it deep and along the boards in an attempt to get it out front for a scoring chance. It is not as you seem to assume a soccer game where you ensure accurate passes to open players in order to control the ball and the flow of the game. Attempting (as I said ... ) "...to take advantage of size and strength and try at least to make a possession game work; that didn't work so much..." means exactly that. Size and strength are the attributes that suit such a style best; so yeah junior ... the "skating ability" in your context doesn't come into it much. Watch hockey for 40 years and listen to the coaches and analysts that have played the game and you'll learn something about the game that passively "cheering for the gophers" won't provide. Don't be a Brent. Nobody really wants to see that. Learn the game.

Um, AHEM. I actually agree with you on the size/speed thing. So f* you very much.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Skating ability is fundamental to a possession game...ask tDon. So does this mean I still get my Christmas card?

By the way, Brent knows more about college hockey than most people.

Comment

Skating ability is fundamental to a possession game...ask tDon. So does this mean I still get my Christmas card?

By the way, Brent knows more about college hockey than most people.
                              Possession means simple passing and strength to fend off defenders. Skating isn't as important as in a transition/run'n'gun offense. Basically, a possession game is like an offensive trap game. Slow and steady, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Possession means simple passing and strength to fend off defenders. Skating isn't as important as in a transition/run'n'gun offense. Basically, a possession game is like an offensive trap game. Slow and steady, etc.
                                Hey I just defended you...don't blow it ok? Watch the cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X