marketing DI hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marketing DI hockey

Sunday, 11/4/2012, 3:00 p.m. E.S.T.. Hundreds of millions of Americans not enthralled by politics are watching sports on T.V. Time Warner (non-PPV) cable is airing three college volleyball games, three college field hockey games, three college soccer games, one European pro basketball game, a rebroadcast of the last baseball World Series, one NFL game, one Nascar race, one motocross race, one tennis match between the Czech Republic and Serbia (!), one tractor-pull league contest, one year-old NHL rebroadcast, and one DI college hockey broadcast of last night's B.U. - U.N.D. game.
    Is this competition too popular or too pricey for DI college hockey to compete for more air time? Stifle the feeble explanations and excuses for this dreadful planning and marketing. Somebody drop the puck.

Re: marketing DI hockey

I suppose you could call your cable company to get someone to broadcast the AIC-Quinnipiac game that night.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Re: marketing DI hockey

Welcome to the wonderful world of college hockey. I watched some of the BU No Dak game today, but I was pleasantly surprised to see even a replay on tv. Hockey is a niche sport and college hockey is a niche of a niche sport.
      Rinks Visited
      DCU Center
      Tulley Forum
      TD Garden
      Tsongas Arena
      J. Thom Lawler Arena
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Agganis Arena
      Verizon Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Matthews Arena