X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Things Denver-The Real XXXIV

New Thread--New Winning Streak

You can't use all caps in the title--who knew?
    GO DU !!!

Re: All Things Denver-The Real XXXIV

Denver needs two threads, who knew?

Comment

Heard from Dr. Demento this morning. He and Jen are fine. No power. No nothing. No gas. Maybe another week in the dark. He says they've burned through 3 cords of wood. Cooking in the fire place. Got plenty of food. Plenty of adult beverages. I e-mailed back that it sounds like a weekend in New England. A very long weekend, to be sure.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        Heard from Dr. Demento this morning. He and Jen are fine. No power. No nothing. No gas. Maybe another week in the dark. He says they've burned through 3 cords of wood. Cooking in the fire place. Got plenty of food. Plenty of adult beverages. I e-mailed back that it sounds like a weekend in New England. A very long weekend, to be sure.
        Shouldn't have to worry abot keeping those beverages cold.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

It sounds like one of those cases where once you resign yourself to it, you can have a very pleasant time of it.

Comment

Former Pios in the AHL--scoring update

Jason Zucker 5 pts in 4 games--has been out since mid-Oct. Think he comes back tonight
            Drew Shore 6 pts in 8 games
            Beau Bennett 5 pts in 8 games
            Joe Colborne 3 pts in 8 games
            Matt Donovan 2 pts in 5 games
            Patrick Wiercioch 2 pts(both goals) in 7 games--named 1st star last nite
            Tyler Ruegsegger 2 points in 8 games

John Lee and Patrick Mullen remain scoreless in limited action (4 and 2 games respectively)
            Peter Mannino on a Professional Tryout with Manchester--hasn't played
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Well it's pretty hard not to be pleased about 10 points in the team's first six games. I'll be curious to see how they play in their first road series next weekend. I would surely love to see 4 points against the Land Cows.

Comment

A lot to feel good about tonight. Coming out with fire in the belly would be at the top of the list. As would Knowlton's hattie. Makowski continues to impress. It's easy to see how his absence coming down the stretch last year really hurt. And after giving up what looked like a softie, "Juicy" settled in nicely and made several really spectacular saves.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 11-04-2012, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I have invested in some cool camera gear and was trying it out to get the lighting down at Magness. I learned a couple of things. 1) If you think that the lighting at DU sucks for watching a game, try photographing a game. You can never get the white balance right. The lighting sucks. 2) If you bring a pro camera and lens to a game, the DU photog gastapo will eventually find you. I was shut down in the second period. But, I learned what I needed to learn without a press credential. Next time, I'll get one and not have to shoot through a darn puck prevention net. Here's Nick Shore shooting that went into the net. Too bad I didn't get the tickling of the twine.

*****http://imageshack.us/a/img717/6388/nshoreshootsandscoresto.jpg******
                  DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                  sigpic
                  WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

He says they've burned through 3 cords of wood. .

Careful there Dr. Evil!!!!!
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Couldn't help it!!!

WCHA
                      Conference Record: W L T Win % Pts. GF-GA Overall: W L T Win % GF-GA Home: W L T Away: W L T
                      Denver 3 1 0 .750 6 16-7 5 1 0 .833 26-10 5 1 0 0 0 0
                      St. Cloud State 3 1 0 .750 6 14-8 5 3 0 .625 31-20 4 0 0 1 3 0
                      Nebraska-Omaha 2 1 1 .625 5 12-10 4 3 1 .562 25-18 1 2 1 2 0 0
                      Colorado College 2 0 0 1.000 4 8-4 5 3 0 .625 27-22 2 1 0 3 2 0
                      Minnesota 2 2 0 .500 4 12-14 5 2 0 .714 25-16 4 0 0 1 2 0
                      Bemidji State 1 0 1 .750 3 6-5 2 1 1 .625 11-7 1 1 0 1 0 1
                      North Dakota 1 0 1 .750 3 7-4 3 2 1 .583 19-12 2 1 1 0 1 0
                      Wisconsin 1 2 1 .375 3 8-10 1 4 1 .250 11-16 0 2 0 1 0 1
                      Michigan Tech 1 5 0 .167 2 14-23 2 6 0 .250 24-31 2 3 0 0 3 0
                      Minnesota State 1 3 0 .250 2 9-16 3 3 2 .500 22-25 2 0 1 1 3 1
                      Alaska-Anchorage 0 1 1 .250 1 4-7 2 2 2 .500 15-18 1 0 1 0 1 1
                      Minnesota-Duluth 0 1 1 .250 1 2-4 2 3 1 .417 14-14 1 2 1 1 1 0

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/standings/divis...#ixzz2BHQm84Md
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Rakhshani and Salazar are doing well in Europe.
                        Salazar 7GP 1-7-8 first on Frisk Asker
                        Rakhshani 16GP 5-8-13 tied for first on HV71

Doubt if Rakhshani or Salazar are common names in Sweden or Norway
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                          I have invested in some cool camera gear and was trying it out to get the lighting down at Magness. I learned a couple of things. 1) If you think that the lighting at DU sucks for watching a game, try photographing a game. You can never get the white balance right. The lighting sucks. 2) If you bring a pro camera and lens to a game, the DU photog gastapo will eventually find you. I was shut down in the second period. But, I learned what I needed to learn without a press credential. Next time, I'll get one and not have to shoot through a darn puck prevention net. Here's Nick Shore shooting that went into the net. Too bad I didn't get the tickling of the twine.

Yeah...that whole situation sucked. My influence with the Gestapo is limited even though they sought my input though ultimately ignored it. I tried. Gimme a minute and we'll get ya straight, Mr 14ers...

Comment

Why the blank would they put the kabash on your camera?? That's dumb. They used to not allow camcorders either; but thanks to the advent of cell phones with video capability, they haven't found a way to stomp those out....yet. Another thing I find interesting - NO fan is allowed to transmit or recount the game without the permission of DU. Yet, they beg people to post stuff on Facebook and Twitter, and will even feature you on the jumbotron.
                            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post

DU has always led the league in doing its best to make certain nobody has a good time. That's one tradition they have always enthusiastically embraced, more's the pity.

Comment

Working...
                              X