X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver-The Real XXXIV

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    FYI, here is the final stat sheet from last night.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf8/1...B_OEM_ID=18600
    29 penalty minutes for DU in the last 3 minutes of the game
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Aeros Scoring leader Jason Zucker takes on Rampage Scoring leader Drew Shore and John Lee in Houston tonight.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Good weekend for the Pios. CU played much better tonight--especially Andy Isles. I thought they made some key adjustments over last night. DU comes up empty of the PP (including two majors). Rare that a team wins when they don't convert on two majors. One of the adjustments CU made was on their kill.

Very disappointing to see them lose there cool and be classless at the buzzer.

McCarron of Cornell was DQ'd at the end of the game. He and Mowrey both took cheap shots at DU's players heads after the buzzer. CU players were told to get off the ice and they completely ignored the refs. The stupid rookie refs had no idea what to do. That ticked me off because it's a player safety issue. Refs are suppose to protect players. Those two clowns were clueless.

Next weekend is going to be a tough series. UNO will come in hungry. Need to be ready and get the win on Friday.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Jussi Olkinuora‏@dojussime

Cornell, thanks for coming! Sorry this guy outplayed you tonight �� #BIG$$$ pic.twitter.com/LUB2COUV

Retweeted by Mike Chambers
          Chambers said Cornell ended up with only 40 min of penalty dropped abuse of officials for 5 min.
          de Swardt 5-10 spearing
          McCARRON 5-10 profanity
          Team 10 misconduct
          GO DU !!!

Comment

That was weird. When the game ended, I looked away from the ice for a minute to talk to the person I went with; when I looked back, it looked like the players were all trying to decide whether to brawl or not. I was REALLY hoping that whatever happened was instigated by Cornell and not DU, since whatever it was happened while I was looking away. It sounds like it was instigated by Cornell, although I also saw a couple of DU players making it pretty clear what they thought of the situation.

Comment

Huh. I, for the life of me - cannot imagine any ice hockey player ever using cuss words. And what's this jibberish about the refs??? Sounds like Big Red couldn't handle the fact that they were BIG LOSERS. How DARE some punks from the east question our #1, fair minded, super-skilled, fantastic, ultra-professional and unbiased WCHA Refs!!!!
              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

"I'm shocked. . .shocked."
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Wish I had been there last night. Read the comments by Cornell's coach. He doesn't have to worry much about coming back to the WCHA after this year anyways, unless he's playing Anchorage or Tech.
                  Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Last night I thought Scotty Mayfield was standing next to the ref signaling "Come On" to Cornell. But after review, determined he was waving a polite Bye-Bye to the Big Red.

Never did see what started it all. Cornell coach said DU should have stayed on their bench at game's end, but don't they always come out to congratulate the goalie after a win? And stay on the ice for a stick salute to the fans.

Did you notice the hard hat barely fit on Larkin Jacobson's head? Big congrats to him on his first collegiate goal!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                      Wish I had been there last night. Read the comments by Cornell's coach. He doesn't have to worry much about coming back to the WCHA after this year anyways, unless he's playing Anchorage or Tech.
                      I recommend he schedule Tech during Winter Carnival. Snow up to his lips and a cornholing, too.

When I heard about the Cornell kid lipping off to the refs, my mind wandered back to Andre Gambucci. You pull that crap on him and he'd bust you back to peewees.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 01-06-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Last night I thought Scotty Mayfield was standing next to the ref signaling "Come On" to Cornell. But after review, determined he was waving a polite Bye-Bye to the Big Red.

Never did see what started it all. Cornell coach said DU should have stayed on their bench at game's end, but don't they always come out to congratulate the goalie after a win? And stay on the ice for a stick salute to the fans.

Did you notice the hard hat barely fit on Larkin Jacobson's head? Big congrats to him on his first collegiate goal!
                        I wondered where he got that "keeping guys on the bench" too. Maybe in the Ivy League after the horn sounds they have "dress for sucess" lectures or read passages from scriptures. But not in the real world.

Yeah, looked like the hard hat was pounded on to Larkin's head. Man, it was great to see him come out of the deep freeze to contribute a GWG. BTW, do you think we could chip in to buy an x-acto knife to scrape that "filthy, disgusting boid" off and replace it with an arched DENVER? Apparantly that's one fowl that won't ever appear on the endangered species list.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Just to put in perspective how idiotic this whole scene in Denver was.......nobody mentions that while these 2 teams are wanting to brawl - we have DU Assistant Coach Derek Lassonde and Cornell player Cole Bardreau hugging, high-fiving and creating INDELIBLE memories that are a HELL OF A LOT MORE IMPORTANT than a friggin handshake inside Magness Arena, that will last a lifetime.
                          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                            Just to put in perspective how idiotic this whole scene in Denver was.......nobody mentions that while these 2 teams are wanting to brawl - we have DU Assistant Coach Derek Lassonde and Cornell player Cole Bardreau hugging, high-fiving and creating INDELIBLE memories that are a HELL OF A LOT MORE IMPORTANT than a friggin handshake inside Magness Arena, that will last a lifetime.
                            I also saw Paul Phillips pull a Cornell player aside and shake his hand. I think it was number 7 on Cornell, which appears to be Braden Birch, one of the captains.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure going to cry myself to sleep about Cornell boycotting the WCHA.
                            Last edited by duper; 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
                              I also saw Paul Phillips pull a Cornell player aside and shake his hand. I think it was number 7 on Cornell, which appears to be Braden Birch, one of the captains.
                              The first rule of coaching when your ****ed off about refs is to limit what you say after the game to people with mics and cameras. Second you should always use adversity to teach your players what they need to learn. Lastly, you model taking responsibility for your mistakes. This guy failed on all three counts. Anyone who was there will tell you several CU players lost their cool after losing a tight game. Lay down in your bed and stop crying.
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                                The first rule of coaching when your ****ed off about refs is to limit what you say after the game to people with mics and cameras. Second you should always use adversity to teach your players what they need to learn. Lastly, you model taking responsibility for your mistakes. This guy failed on all three counts. Anyone who was there will tell you several CU players lost their cool after losing a tight game. Lay down in your bed and stop crying.
                                I dare say if this had been league play, Schaefer would be watching Cornell's next game from his home.
                                Your 2nd and 3rd points are what make not only a good coach, but also a good teacher and a good man.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X