This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver-The Real XXXIV

DU website has a new look as of today. They are having some issues with Google Chrome which they are working on but its works fine on IE.

www.denverpioneers.com
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Just thought you might want to savor a few factoids from last 2 DU sweeps of CC.

DU sweeps CC 4-2 and 5-1
      Dec 2 and 3, 2005

Goals: Ryan Dingle(4), Gabe Gauthier(2), Chris Butler, J.D.Corbin, Ryan Helgason
      Assists: Matt Carle(7), Paul Stastny(4), Gauthier(3), Butler(2)
      Glenn Fisher and Peter Mannino each had a night in goal

DU Sweeps CC 6-5 and 6-2
      Nov. 16 and 17, 2012

Goals: Chris Knowlton(3), Matt Tabrum(2), Shawn Ostrow(2), Joey LaLeggia, David Makowski, Scott Mayfield, Gabe Levin, Quentin Shore
      Assists: Nick Shore(3), Paul Phillips(2), Daniel Doremus(2), LaLeggia(2), Knowlton(2), Makowski(2), Q. Shore(2), Grant Arnold, Josiah Didier, Levin, Mayfield
      Jussi Olkinuora and Sam Brittain each had a night in goal.

Didier's first point this season.
      Arnold's first collegiate point.
      Levin's first collegiate goal.

Olkinuora's 17 penalty minutes and first collegiate DQ.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
        I've gotten a lot better at not letting people or things get to me. Dealing with people who troll is much easier now. Sometimes just playing along will aggrevate your adversary.
        I have uncovered this video of someone who could be CCTig attempting to skateboard,

*****http://cdn.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/anotherskateboard.gif******
        Who's the troll now?
        Originally posted by vizoroo
        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
        Originally posted by duper
        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
        Originally posted by dggoddard
        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          Hey folks - congrats on the sweep.

Coming out for the weekend, catching the Saturday game. Would like to be behind the UNH bench... is that Section 2 or 20?

Thanks in advance!
          Section 20, but part of section 1 is behind as well.

have fun at the game

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
            Who's the troll now?
            Not trolling. Just a bit of fun for a laugh. Everyone is way too serious.
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Just thought you might want to savor a few factoids from last 2 DU sweeps of CC.

DU sweeps CC 4-2 and 5-1
              Dec 2 and 3, 2005

Goals: Ryan Dingle(4), Gabe Gauthier(2), Chris Butler, J.D.Corbin, Ryan Helgason
              Assists: Matt Carle(7), Paul Stastny(4), Gauthier(3), Butler(2)
              Glenn Fisher and Peter Mannino each had a night in goal

DU Sweeps CC 6-5 and 6-2
              Nov. 16 and 17, 2012

Goals: Chris Knowlton(3), Matt Tabrum(2), Shawn Ostrow(2), Joey LaLeggia, David Makowski, Scott Mayfield, Gabe Levin, Quentin Shore
              Assists: Nick Shore(3), Paul Phillips(2), Daniel Doremus(2), LaLeggia(2), Knowlton(2), Makowski(2), Q. Shore(2), Grant Arnold, Josiah Didier, Levin, Mayfield
              Jussi Olkinuora and Sam Brittain each had a night in goal.

Didier's first point this season.
              Arnold's first collegiate point.
              Levin's first collegiate goal.

Olkinuora's 17 penalty minutes and first collegiate DQ.
              Viz, this is awesome!!! What strikes me is how many guys (2012) got into the action!! Any parallel to 2005 is OK by me!!!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                Viz, this is awesome!!! What strikes me is how many guys (2012) got into the action!! Any parallel to 2005 is OK by me!!!
                Agreed! Hopefully they go on to miss the NCAA Tournament like that '05-'06 squad.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  Section 20, but part of section 1 is behind as well.

have fun at the game
                  Thanks!
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

I honestly think this is the best Denver team in the last decade. They're better than the 2004-05 team.
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

I honestly think this is the best Denver team in the last decade. They're better than the 2004-05 team.
                      Slow down Dr. Evil.

The 04-05 Team had Gauthier, Carle & Statsny.

The Senior class scored 72 goals in 2004-05.

The 04-05 was loaded with players who had four NCAA Tourney game victories under their belt.

The 04-05 Freshmen were DU's best recruiting class in history [Stastny, Mannino, Dingle, May, Paukovich & Andy Thomas]. Four Freshmen started in the NC game.
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Interesting sidenote of Maryland joining the Big Ten.

It may help DU's Lacrosse conference situation. Ohio State, Michigan, DU, Maryland & Air Force would be a great backbone for a conference. If you can throw Penn State in there things get interesting. There's even thoughts on the lax forums that John Hopkins might be interested joining this power conference to take on the ACC.
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'd say it's too early to put this team ahead of 04-05. WAAAYYYY too early, actually. We're loaded this year with offensive defensemen, but I think it's at least debateable as to whether Carle + Skinner are greater than LaLeggia-Makowski-Mayfield-Zajac, in terms of offensive defensemen. Goalie is kind of a wash--Mannino was spectacular, especially down the stretch. Athough we are deep in goalie this year, Sam/Jussi/Adam have not yet proven themselves on the big stage. Forwards--I would put the 2005 class of Stastny, Gauthier, Fulghum, Ulanski, Dingle, Paukovich, etc. ahead of this year's forwards. The latter seems like a no brainer. I think our current crop of forwards are great, and I like the way they're playing right now. But each of them is still a work in progress in many respects, with Nick Shore and Knowlton being the closest to being finished products.

But the main issue is accomplishments and consistency. In order to deserve being compared to the 04-05 team, this year's team will need to keep up its current level of play, continue to win at least 7 out of 10 games throughout the season, and win more than 2 games in the NCAA tournament. Until we see all that, 04-05 are the kings. My personal favorites are 03-04, but that was just a crazy season in so many ways.

Comment

PWR is what really matters. Besides, it's November, not too concerned with rankings right now.

You can't win the title in November, but you can lose it.
                            Not too concerned with PWR in November either. While it's all well and good to say we're number one a comparison system is totally worthless when there is so little data to compare. There is only one thing the team can really do in these early months, and you hit the nail cleanly on the head; don't mess it up. And frankly, this weekend is probably the most important so far in this young season.

Edit: I think we all need to channel our inner Puck Swami. The team is off to a good start, but certainly there are some potential issues, some areas that I think opponents will learn to better exploit as the season wears on, and there is still plenty of time for Murphy to put his GD law into effect.
                            Last edited by duper; 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                              We talked for maybe 2 minutes. Thanks for the insight, bro.
                              Yep, it took me about two minutes to know that you are a hick. It doesn't matter to me how you view yourself; it should matter to you about how perceived by people in both fan bases. I'm not saying that you conform to a "normm" but it should be in part of your cognitive thinking. You've demonstrated time and time again that you are an idiot. If you are a leader, please start a thread entitled, "CC Tiger Hockey -2012" and have your kind post there. That would be a start! If not, go to your part of the bayou and be quiet. You're just an unfortunate annoyance in many peoples' posteriors.
                              Last edited by co14ers; 11-20-2012, 12:26 AM.
                              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                              sigpic
                              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Years ago, a squad of UNH and other Eastern players went out to Sun Valley to play the Suns team....we had Peter and Mark Noonan as the organizers, and Glenn Hunter as an old teammate of ours playing for the Suns, who at the time were many old Middlebury players.....anyway the pertinent fact is the altitude absolutely killed us! Even after a day or 2 of acclimation, we were never in the games....true the Suns always played together while we were a ragtag team put together but all I remember, aside from the fun, was how the altitude kicked our butts...hopefully UNH will do better fairing with it's effect! Either way a lot of fun for the Holiday weekend...great hockey!

Comment

Working...
                                X