Adrian Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished business

Glad we're coming down. Would have liked to have played 2, but....
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian sweeps Concordia. 4-3 win today.

I was wrong about Concordia. They're not going to be good in a couple years. They're going to be frightening. We're going to see that team again in March, for Harris Cup. It would not surprise me in the least to see them finish 2nd overall in the conference. They're pretty good right now, and given their size and youth, they're going to be even better later this season. They skated very well with us all weekend, especially today.

Now...to address us. Way too many penalties today, especially in the 2nd period. Some of the calls were questionable, but some were stupid on our part. We've got to eliminate the stupidity, plain and simple. We've also got work to do on the special teams. The PP has struggled, for our standards, and the PK needs some attention as well.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Final from Arrington

USWP 7
        Adrian 4

Don't let that score fool you. It was 7-1 with about 90 seconds left when a Stevens Point defender took a couple of ill-advised penalties, resulting in a 7:00 power play for Adrian, where they poured in 3 goals to close it out. Lipstick on a pig, if you will.

Adrian got what it deserved tonight. Outskated, outhustled, outplayed. We got our asses kicked. No excuses about layoffs, backup goaltenders, or anything else for that matter. None of that is relevant, and none of that made any difference tonight. The game was not as close as the shot totals would lead you to believe, nor was it as close as the final score indicated.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Final from Arrington

USWP 7
          Adrian 4

Don't let that score fool you. It was 7-1 with about 90 seconds left when a Stevens Point defender took a couple of ill-advised penalties, resulting in a 7:00 power play for Adrian, where they poured in 3 goals to close it out. Lipstick on a pig, if you will.

Adrian got what it deserved tonight. Outskated, outhustled, outplayed. We got our asses kicked. No excuses about layoffs, backup goaltenders, or anything else for that matter. None of that is relevant, and none of that made any difference tonight. The game was not as close as the shot totals would lead you to believe, nor was it as close as the final score indicated.
          From what I saw, it did not look good at all for Adrian. Watching two games at the same time is a bit of a challenge, and I devoted my full attention to Platts/Amh once it got to be 5-1, but it seem that Adrian did not play with a lot of intensity and they really let WSP control everything. It will be interesting to see how the rematch goes today
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

And here is Part II:

Adrian 6
            USWP 4

A tale of two games...and a tale of three games within a game. First period was pretty even, then in the 2nd Stevens Point grabbed a 2-0 lead and we thought "aw, hell, here we go again". Then Adrian pumps in 2 goals late in the 2nd to tie it at 2. The third period was heavily tilted towards Adrian as Adrian built a 5-2 lead before the scramble to the finish.

I had figured on a split this weekend, but this is the damndest way I've ever seen to go about it. *shrug*

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              From what I saw, it did not look good at all for Adrian. Watching two games at the same time is a bit of a challenge, and I devoted my full attention to Platts/Amh once it got to be 5-1, but it seem that Adrian did not play with a lot of intensity and they really let WSP control everything. It will be interesting to see how the rematch goes today
              That's pretty fair, although on Saturday night I don't think Adrian "let" Stevens Point control anything. Stevens Point just came out and took it to Adrian. We just got our butts kicked, plain and simple.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                That's pretty fair, although on Saturday night I don't think Adrian "let" Stevens Point control anything. Stevens Point just came out and took it to Adrian. We just got our butts kicked, plain and simple.
                It kind of looked in the second like UWSP just relaxed on a 2-0 lead and before they woke up in the third they were down 5-2. Awfully chippy game it seemed to me, although that may just be my perspective of watching ECAC East action for the past 30 years.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Adrian got the first goal and it lit a fire under their shorts. After that they got rolling. We were a different team after that first goal.

And yes, it was very chippy. I was right above both benches at center ice. Chippy might be an understatement. But I expected that to be the case this weekend.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Are any of y'all coming down next weekend? I know it's just one game, so it may not hold that much attraction.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

It's very easy to be involved in a chippy game with Point. That's been their m.o. (and their undoing) for a number of years now.

Very interested in Adrian's game next weekend with UAH. To be honest, I think Adrian having lost so recently does not bode well for Huntsville...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        It's very easy to be involved in a chippy game with Point. That's been their m.o. (and their undoing) for a number of years now.

Very interested in Adrian's game next weekend with UAH. To be honest, I think Adrian having lost so recently does not bode well for Huntsville...
                        I thought that the coaching change @ Point would bring about a different attitude, but not yet, as they are ranked 12th nationally in penalty minutes.
                        All the time in the box results in too many scoring opportunites for their opponents, esp. the better teams.
                        SNC Men:
                        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                        SNC Women:
                        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

As undisiplined as everyone says Point is I just checked the DIII stats to see Adrian only 2 spots behind Point in penalty mins. per game, not exactly a group of choir boys. As far as the second game being chippy what did you expect after Adrian #5 in the country and undefeated got their butts handed to them by the 4th team in the NCHA. It was a good weekend for Point and a reality check for Adrian and I'm with all the offensive talent they have they will give UAH all they can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                            I thought that the coaching change @ Point would bring about a different attitude, but not yet, as they are ranked 12th nationally in penalty minutes.
                            All the time in the box results in too many scoring opportunites for their opponents, esp. the better teams.
                            There were a few examples where better discipline could have helped Point......specifically the needless infractions after the whistle.
                            I blame officials as much as coaches for allowing situations after the whislte to develope.

Stevens Point have a lot of upside. They came out focused, banging, and when they got the early lead they never looked back in that first game.
                            That's usually a good reflection on preparation by the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6 View Post
                              As undisiplined as everyone says Point is I just checked the DIII stats to see Adrian only 2 spots behind Point in penalty mins. per game, not exactly a group of choir boys. As far as the second game being chippy what did you expect after Adrian #5 in the country and undefeated got their butts handed to them by the 4th team in the NCHA. It was a good weekend for Point and a reality check for Adrian and I'm with all the offensive talent they have they will give UAH all they can handle.
                              A minor point to make here (and no pun intended). PIM for the weekend: 29-16-45 for UWSP. Adrian went 10-16-26. 15 minutes of Friday's UWSP's PIMs were on a late CTH major and game misconduct. Take that for what ever it's worth.

Now, I don't think I've made any bones this season about Adrian needing to clean up the unnecessary penalties. I can refer you to comments I made a few weeks ago after we played Concordia, for starters. And I don't think anyone has exactly accused Adrian of being angels, either, at least I hope not. And if they have, well, I don't know what to tell you.

There were a couple plays from UWSP that I did not care for, one of which resulted in a major on Friday night, but nothing I wish to make any issue of. *shrug* There were things that could have escalated on both sides, on both nights, but did not. It was a chippy weekend of hockey. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing surprising from my vantage point.
                              Last edited by Hammer; 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Nice win tonight for Adrian over UAH.

Comment

Working...
                                X