#15 Northeastern vs. Merrimack 11/2-11/3: We Meet Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #15 Northeastern vs. Merrimack 11/2-11/3: We Meet Again

Big opportunity for Northeastern to gain some ground in the top half of Hockey East. Hoping for a W/Tie.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: #15 Northeastern vs. Merrimack 11/2-11/3: We Meet Again

I thought we played well for 2 periods in our first meeting.. then let the Warriors get back into the game (much like we did UNH, Friday night - although that one is squarely on player who will not play this Friday). Credit to the 'Mack, they played very well in the 3rd period at Matthews. This Friday we have to show up for the full 60 minutes & hopefully with a confident goalie behind the squad we can take the 2 points. If we win convincingly Friday night.. we have some hope for Saturday. If we struggle to score at home, 'Mack puts us away Saturday.

Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

fyi for all.. the Sat gm at Lawler has been pushed back to 7:30pm.. (Homecoming/ events at Merrimack).
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Kudos to Merrimack for taking it to us all night.. shame on the Huskies for the breakdown in discipline.. result - 3 PP goals & horrendous (though well deserved) loss.
        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

You're right hats off to them,Liked watching Vinny Scotti for Merrimack,they have a good team and if Northeastern doesn't realize they also have a good team and start playing like it they will plummet to the bottom fast,with all the young talent NU has they should be pouring it on,but as northeastern the poster well pointed out the discipline was the reason for this stinker and not the talent,please give Mountain another shot,this one was not on him,I can't take the Rawlings rollercoaster anymore without medication

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
            I can't take the Rawlings rollercoaster anymore without medication
            Keep your meds handy. Mountain was no ball of fire tonight. It's Parents Weekend and the Rawlings family made the trek from the real B.C.. I bet Jimmy gives him the start. He did beat them the last time they played.
            Last edited by Ryecheers; 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Classy move by Pimm as he exited.

Comment

I personally thought Mountain looked pretty bad last night. The 2nd goal he allowed was very soft and a real back-breaker as it came soon after the Huskies had tied it up. He looked slow to come across the crease on the first goal. Bigos's goal was a beauty, picked the top corner perfectly, not much can be done about that one. I might be the only one, but I think Mountain and Rawlings are pretty much equal.

Comment

Nice video feed on the Merrimack website,the camera's proximity to the ice is great,nice job,butI am thankful for the free feed on the GoNUxstream site!,knotted up at two going in the third-Go Huskies!!

Comment

Great weekend for Merrimack. Collins is on a great pace points wise. Was only able to follow this game online, no video or radio with the LSU - Bama game on.
                    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

As someone pointed out earlier in the season.. we're unable to score after the first period. Back to the drawing board for the Huskies. Nice job Warriors.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

That 2-0 start seems like years ago for NU...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          That 2-0 start seems like years ago for NU...
                          Well said J.D,my next thoughts are this:what kind of a team is this?,except for Roy,who's a given star,I have no idea what we really have here,can anyone help me understand this one?

At the same time I am hopeful for next weekend and Alabama-Huntsville-Go Huskies!
                          Last edited by Happy Husky; 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X