PDA

View Full Version : #15 Northeastern vs. Merrimack 11/2-11/3: We Meet Again

SkinsFan09
10-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Big opportunity for Northeastern to gain some ground in the top half of Hockey East. Hoping for a W/Tie.

northeastern
10-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I thought we played well for 2 periods in our first meeting.. then let the Warriors get back into the game (much like we did UNH, Friday night - although that one is squarely on player who will not play this Friday). Credit to the 'Mack, they played very well in the 3rd period at Matthews. This Friday we have to show up for the full 60 minutes & hopefully with a confident goalie behind the squad we can take the 2 points. If we win convincingly Friday night.. we have some hope for Saturday. If we struggle to score at home, 'Mack puts us away Saturday.

Go Huskies :)

northeastern
10-30-2012, 12:22 PM
fyi for all.. the Sat gm at Lawler has been pushed back to 7:30pm.. (Homecoming/ events at Merrimack).

northeastern
11-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Kudos to Merrimack for taking it to us all night.. shame on the Huskies for the breakdown in discipline.. result - 3 PP goals & horrendous (though well deserved) loss.

Happy Husky
11-02-2012, 09:37 PM
You're right hats off to them,Liked watching Vinny Scotti for Merrimack,they have a good team and if Northeastern doesn't realize they also have a good team and start playing like it they will plummet to the bottom fast,with all the young talent NU has they should be pouring it on,but as northeastern the poster well pointed out the discipline was the reason for this stinker and not the talent,please give Mountain another shot,this one was not on him,I can't take the Rawlings rollercoaster anymore without medication

Ryecheers
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
I can't take the Rawlings rollercoaster anymore without medication

Keep your meds handy. Mountain was no ball of fire tonight. It's Parents Weekend and the Rawlings family made the trek from the real B.C.. I bet Jimmy gives him the start. He did beat them the last time they played.

irishfan85
11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Classy move by Pimm as he exited.

Huskies of NU
11-03-2012, 07:03 PM
I personally thought Mountain looked pretty bad last night. The 2nd goal he allowed was very soft and a real back-breaker as it came soon after the Huskies had tied it up. He looked slow to come across the crease on the first goal. Bigos's goal was a beauty, picked the top corner perfectly, not much can be done about that one. I might be the only one, but I think Mountain and Rawlings are pretty much equal.

Happy Husky
11-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Nice video feed on the Merrimack website,the camera's proximity to the ice is great,nice job,butI am thankful for the free feed on the GoNUxstream site!,knotted up at two going in the third-Go Huskies!!

REDMEN2002
11-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Great weekend for Merrimack. Collins is on a great pace points wise. Was only able to follow this game online, no video or radio with the LSU - Bama game on.

northeastern
11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
As someone pointed out earlier in the season.. we're unable to score after the first period. Back to the drawing board for the Huskies. Nice job Warriors.

J.D.
11-03-2012, 09:04 PM
That 2-0 start seems like years ago for NU...

Happy Husky
11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
That 2-0 start seems like years ago for NU...

Well said J.D,my next thoughts are this:what kind of a team is this?,except for Roy,who's a given star,I have no idea what we really have here,can anyone help me understand this one?

At the same time I am hopeful for next weekend and Alabama-Huntsville-Go Huskies!