Ohio State @ St. Cloud State 11/2 - 11/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ St. Cloud State 11/2 - 11/3

It's a new week and this week presents a tough road test for the Buckeyes as they travel to St. Cloud to take on the Huskies. Can the Buckeyes keep the momentum going? Time will tell. My thoughts right now are actually with the St. Cloud team as I understand they still haven't made it home from Providence. St. Cloud fans, feel free to let us know if and when your team makes it home safely. Back to this series, I think this will be a challenging series for us. The Huskies swept Bemidji on the road. Our sweep of Bemidji this past weekend was at home. I have to admit, I don't always know that much about every team in our league. I think this will be a competitive series between two teams that both want to finish the season higher in the WCHA season than they did last season. We are setting in second right now. The big challenge will be to stay focused and make sure we come out ready to play because the Huskies will certainly come ready to play. St. Cloud fans, what are your thoughts on this series vs our Buckeyes?

Re: Ohio State @ St. Cloud State 11/2 - 11/3

B4F (bottom four fan) here, not sure what happened to Bemidji last weekend, but I'm pretty sure SCSU will not give up 14 goals this weekend. That said, SCSU will not score more than 4 goals total for the weekend so I say a OSU sweep.

Good luck this weekend and congrats on a great start.

Go B4

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      ...The big challenge will be to stay focused and make sure we come out ready to play because the Huskies will certainly come ready to play...
      Agreed. And yet there's cause for optimism. This Buckeye team seems to be all about chemistry and focus. That's a great credit to our players and coaches.

The fact that both schools have had early success playing very similar schedules does add to the intrigue. We did get a better result against UND. But again, we were playing at home while SCSU took on the Green and White in Grand Forks. Playing against the improved Huskies will indeed be a fun challenge.

My thoughts are also with the Huskies and their "extended stay" in Providence. It's a rare regular season series when you need to tell both teams to travel safe on their way to the host campus.
      Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-30-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        It's a rare regular season series when you need to tell both teams to travel safe on their way to the host campus.
        And based on The Boomer's post, the host campus may still be subject to change ...
        Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
        Of course the bad news is: the team is stranded in Rhode Island. Bus it back? Well, no. Too windy, too many blizzards to go through and no "high profile" vehicles like buses allowed on the highway. Tentative flight for late Thursday, but because of the intensity and largeness of the storm, nothing is yet certain. They MAY switch home dates (AT OSU Jan. 18-19 would become SCSU home games, this weekend at OSU, but how would they get to Ohio? Or the series MAY be switched to Sat./Sun. instead of Fri./Sat.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          And based on The Boomer's post, the host campus may still be subject to change ...
          The team is scheduled to leave tomorrow. This is based on the team's Twitter.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Article from Providence Journal -- Huskies headed back to Minnesota on Wednesday.

http://news.providencejournal.com/sp...de-island.html
            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

That's tough St. Cloud gets in a day before the Buckeyes... Travel safe Huskies... thoughts are with you.

Comment

As mentioned in the Providence Journal article, this Friday's game is the Huskies' Home Opener, adding yet another interesting angle to the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Agreed. And yet there's cause for optimism. This Buckeye team seems to be all about chemistry and focus. That's a great credit to our players and coaches.
                  I am definitely optimistic, and you nailed the reasons why ... the team definitely has chemistry, and I believe they have played focused hockey this season, despite the lopsided losses at Minnesota a couple weekends ago. I think a lot of teams are going to have lopsided losses when they play the Gophers at Minnesota. Our coaching staff and kids showed their resiliency when they bounced back in a big way against Bemidji. I still believe this team can finish in the top four and get home ice in the first round of the WCHA playoffs, maybe even finish the season in the top 8 and go to our first-ever NCAA Tournament! Now that would be something!

Comment

Originally posted by Fever View Post
                    B4F (bottom four fan) here, not sure what happened to Bemidji last weekend, but I'm pretty sure SCSU will not give up 14 goals this weekend. That said, SCSU will not score more than 4 goals total for the weekend so I say a OSU sweep.

Good luck this weekend and congrats on a great start.

Go B4
                    Fever, thanks for the kind words on our start. Our coaching staff and kids work very hard and I am not really that surprised at this start. When Coach Nate was hired, he said he believed he could get this program to the next level and I believe we are seeing that next step. I am thrilled with the start.

Comment

Anyone know if there is any sort of video feed for the games this weekend?
                      Last edited by osualum86; 11-01-2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        Anyone know if there is any sort of video feed for the games this weekend?
                        No mention of video; there will be audio:
                        http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2012...x?path=whockey
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          No mention of video; there will be audio:
                          http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2012...x?path=whockey
                          Thanks ARM. I may do that, or I might just do gametracker or live stats.

Comment

Buckeyes up 1-0 early in the game on a goal by Kari Schmitt. Assists went to Minttu Tuominen and Paige Semenza.

Comment

Buckeyes up 2-0. The goal was scored by Taylor Kuehl with assists going to Danielle Gagne and Ally Tarr.

Comment

Working...
                              X