SCSU @ DU: A Mile Above the Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ DU: A Mile Above the Rest

SCSU and DU tangle and whoever wins Friday night claims first place in the WCHA.

DU swept MTU by scores of 5-1, 5-2, at home.

SCSU swept Mankato by scores of 5-1, 5-1, at home. Sounds pretty familiar.

I am very happy to report this is the first time I will get to see Magness and I believe the first time I have been anywhere in Denver other than the airport.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ DU: A Mile Above the Rest

You will love the city. If you are looking for any suggestions for downtime, shoot me an email.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You will love the city. If you are looking for any suggestions for downtime, shoot me an email.
      If by E-mail you mean Facebook... I don't have your e-mail

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        If by E-mail you mean Facebook... I don't have your e-mail
        Either FB or my user name at gmail
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I really hope I can make it to this series one day.
          Wish the games were being shown on TV out here but so far no.
          Hope Morley and Hanowski can play but this is not a one player team, the balance we've been getting so far has been very impressive.
          This may be as deep a freshman class as we've had in a while and we haven't even seen Benik yet.
          Faragher was vastly improved over the UNH series and looked like he may be the guy we need him to be.
          Always fun games with DU, and I think we can take a game out there.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

They're saying that DU will have their supposed-alternate goalie in the pipes for one game, #31; he hasn't played yet this season, but last year he was great. Denver's defense is crazy good this year - the best SCSU or anyone else out there has faced in a long time; they don't just defend the net - they also score and get points like it's nobody business Regardless if you're rootin for DU or St. Cloud - Lets all pray to God that we have good refs for this series.
            Last edited by 32 Degrees!; 10-28-2012, 03:03 PM.
            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
              Lets all pray to God that we have good refs
              I guess we all have to live in a different universe for that to happen.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                pray to God that we have good refs for this series.
                And no injuries!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  And no injuries!!
                  What's your injury situation like?
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    What's your injury situation like?
                    DU has no major injuries at the moment but the roster only consists of 24 players including 4 goalies. With only 20 skaters, 3 to 4 players get scratched every night including 2 skaters and 1 or 2 goalies (1 at home and 2 away). Any major injury or injuries will shorten the roster significantly. Both of these games will be webcast on Pioneer Vision for a fee.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      DU has no major injuries at the moment but the roster only consists of 24 players including 4 goalies. With only 20 skaters, 3 to 4 players get scratched every night including 2 skaters and 1 or 2 goalies (1 at home and 2 away). Any major injury or injuries will shorten the roster significantly. Both of these games will be webcast on Pioneer Vision for a fee.
                      How is the picture on Pioneer Vision?

Comment

Hey Euro,

Figured it would be more appropriate to move our discussion on the Gophers/SCSU series over to this thread. According to Mick Hatten in Friday's chat

"And for those of you concerned about whether or not the Huskies will play the Gophers, Don Lucia and Bob Motzko have both said that they plan to continue to play each other. The two teams will have a series next season. The plan, the last I heard, was for the teams to alternate who plays host to the series each season with the Gophers getting back-to-back home series every 4th-5th season."
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Duder View Post
                          How is the picture on Pioneer Vision?
                          Probably meh, and through no fault of theirs... if you haven't watched a filmed game from Magness from before, the lighting is kinda terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Hey Euro,

Figured it would be more appropriate to move our discussion on the Gophers/SCSU series over to this thread. According to Mick Hatten in Friday's chat

"And for those of you concerned about whether or not the Huskies will play the Gophers, Don Lucia and Bob Motzko have both said that they plan to continue to play each other. The two teams will have a series next season. The plan, the last I heard, was for the teams to alternate who plays host to the series each season with the Gophers getting back-to-back home series every 4th-5th season."
                            That would surprise me and honestly, no offense to Mick Hatten, but I question whether he got that right because I had heard about the 4-year rotation and Minnesota Tournament from multiple other teams' media. However, if the whole thing was cancelled its not like it would shock me.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Probably meh, and through no fault of theirs... if you haven't watched a filmed game from Magness from before, the lighting is kinda terrible.
                              Whenever I have watched the games on FSN Rocky Mountain or whatever its name is now, it always looks like they are playing in a basement that has several lights burnt out.

I'm sure I'll watch the stream either way, hopefully they puck is visible and if that's not the case hopefully I can at least read the numbers on the backs of the jerseys (as some streams are that terrible).

Comment

Working...
                              X