Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ DU: A Mile Above the Rest

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Let me be the first to say "welcome" this week to our future fellow NCHC fans.

Looking forward to the match-up this weekend and building on the rivalry in upcoming seasons. No doubt playing four times a year in most seasons, should help stir up some passion.

DU usually does pretty well against SCSU at Magness, but really struggles against them up in Minnesota. Let's hope DU's current Magness Mojo holds up in the new league.

I'll predict a couple of high scoring games: DU sweeps maybe 4-3 on Friday; 5-3 on Sat. Wouldn't be surprised with a split though.
    Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
    In light of Ben Hanowski's absence due to a major CFB by a Kato goon in the second period on Friday (after Hano already had two goals and an assist in the game), I assume Gwoz will make Nick Shore a healthy scratch for this weekend's series. Seems fair.
    N. Shore for Hanowski isn't fair. Either Laleggia has to sit or Zach Hope should get a start and not be allowed to be pulled until the 3rd.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      N. Shore for Hanowski isn't fair. Either Laleggia has to sit or Zach Hope should get a start and not be allowed to be pulled until the 3rd.
      Forward for forward. I didn't say Jensen was out or call for Denver's Nate Hardy.

And why does Denver have four goalies? Murray and Brittan still nursing injuries from last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
        Forward for forward. I didn't say Jensen was out or call for Denver's Nate Hardy.

And why does Denver have four goalies? Murray and Brittan still nursing injuries from last year?
        Denver doesn't have any forwards as good as Hano.

Sometimes teams roll with four, especially with Brittain missing so much time last year, they only had 3 at the time. Gotta have a fallback plan, and thy name is Hope.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

When scouting Denver, right now you better forget the word "forwards". The DU defense is doing all the highlight scoring. But just when you think you've got the D pegged, and you'll smother them...... "wha paaaaaa...." the centers like the Shores or Ostrow or Doremus blindside you - and the rubber is in your net. It's a different Pioneer team, people.
          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
            When scouting Denver, right now you better forget the word "forwards". The DU defense is doing all the highlight scoring. But just when you think you've got the D pegged, and you'll smother them...... "wha paaaaaa...." the centers like the Shores or Ostrow or Doremus blindside you - and the rubber is in your net. It's a different Pioneer team, people.
            Interesting to note, both schools D-cores have scored 22 points.
            DU's has 8 goals, 14 assists, SCSU's has 7 goals, 15 assists
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Hate to hear Hanowski was hurt by an illegal hit. But, honestly, I'm glad he's not playing this weekend. After all he is a scary good goal scorer.

Have to guess Zach Hope still wanted ro be on the team. Otherwise Brittain, Murray and Olkinuora would really be enough for any team! Juho, Jussi, Juicy Olkinupra will probably get his first turn in the net for 1 night this weekend.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Our visitors from UML seemed to think the Falling Rock in Lodo was THE place to go. Had something to do with lots of beer.
                Euro got what I hope was a decent report on things to do; there's a reason I head out to CO a couple times a year besides hockey.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                  Wha paaaaaa? I fear no wha paaaaaa

Comment

I know we are more of a finesse team, but I would like to see some more physical play from SCSU this weekend. Gravel, Rabey, Thorson, Holka and Oliver need to put some bodies on Denver, something the team didn't do well against UNH.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I know we are more of a finesse team, but I would like to see some more physical play from SCSU this weekend. Gravel, Rabey, Thorson, Holka and Oliver need to put some bodies on Denver, something the team didn't do well against UNH.
                      They were just fine being physical the last 4 games, so why bring up UNH?
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        They were just fine being physical the last 4 games, so why bring up UNH?
                        Because UNH is a very good team, they weren't physical against them and lost. I am hoping they avoid the same fate this weekend.
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Because UNH is a very good team, they weren't physical against them and lost. I am hoping they avoid the same fate this weekend.
                          So games against teams who aren't good, don't matter?
                          I'm just trying to follow why the UNH games are what you are singling out.
                          Yes UNH is a good team but those were also the first games of the year, and there has been nothing to suggest they won't be ready for DU.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            So games against teams who aren't good, don't matter?
                            I'm just trying to follow why the UNH games are what you are singling out.
                            Yes UNH is a good team but those were also the first games of the year, and there has been nothing to suggest they won't be ready for DU.
                            Games against teams who aren't good matter. They don't matter as much as games against good teams.

Comment

DU has a Finnish goalie.
                              SCSU has a Finnish goalie.
                              How aboit the coaches let then play against each other?
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                DU has a Finnish goalie.
                                SCSU has a Finnish goalie.
                                How aboit the coaches let then play against each other?
                                Yeah but yours has a chance of playing this weekend. Fair warning, if anybody gets a breakaway on Olkinuora I will be the drunk guy in the stands yelling "Finnish Him!"

Comment

Working...
                                X