No announcement yet.

RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Black Friday game at RPI followed by a return game at Messa. Will RPI be able to improve upon last season's results?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Black Friday game at RPI followed by a return game at Messa. Will RPI be able to improve upon last season's results?
    It would be pretty hard not to.

This weekend is the start of the real season. I'm hoping for a split against a strong squad.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
      It would be pretty hard not to.

This weekend is the start of the real season. I'm hoping for a split against a strong squad.
      I am hoping for a sweep, although realistically I would settle for a split with a well-played game in the loss.

And giving up two-goal leads won't be tolerated.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

First time teams have played each other to start ECAC play since '00-'01 season. An irrelevant but interesting fact.

Comment

Not looking good for me making the games this weekend...I expect to be working all week restoring power from Sandy.
          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
            First time teams have played each other to start ECAC play since '00-'01 season. An irrelevant but interesting fact.
            Thanks for that. Many posts on these threads fit that last sentence. I am looking forward to 2 pretty physical nasty games. I don't expect less than 2 close tough games.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I just hope that the team worked through the problems that they have had in the third period of every game they have played this year.
              I expect to be there on Friday and I will not be comfortable with any lead going into the third period.
              We have played extremely well and showed great chemistry in the first two periods of all of the games we have played so far this year, now we have to go the final 20 minutes and put some teams away.
              Looking for a well played hard fought victory Friday night.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I just hope that the team worked through the problems that they have had in the third period of every game they have played this year.
                I expect to be there on Friday and I will not be comfortable with any lead going into the third period.
                We have played extremely well and showed great chemistry in the first two periods of all of the games we have played so far this year, now we have to go the final 20 minutes and put some teams away.
                Looking for a well played hard fought victory Friday night.
                It would not surprise me if Union played Prevent D in the first 40 minutes, and then let the flood gates open.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  It would not surprise me if Union played Prevent D in the first 40 minutes, and then let the flood gates open.
                  They will probably do what they have been doing successfully for the past few years-fight to get a lead-any lead. Then clamp down and play very effectively with that lead. Something we could learn a lot from.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I really don't have a good read on Union after the first five games. Offensively they have been inconsistent and looking to at least partially fill the Welsh Zajac void. I think the lines are still being tinkered with. The top guys in my view have been Simpson Carr and Jooris. I'd love to them on a line. I don't think Grosenick has hit full stride either and it would not shock me to see Stevens get a start.

The frosh who have been most impressive to me are Gingras and Cruice.

RPI will be a very tough foe if they have improved even a little over last seasons playoff team and
                    I gather that they've improved more than a little.

Ghostisbehere's injury is a big issue though Union seems deep on D.

These should be two nail biters with more than a little bit of edge to them

Comment

We specialize in irrelevant / interesting facts here...
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                        Not looking good for me making the games this weekend...I expect to be working all week restoring power from Sandy.
                        Be safe out there. Hope the damage isnt too bad. I made the trip from Boston back to ALB today -- the winds were already whipping in Boston. I saw streams of line trucks on the Pike. Ironically, I saw a few dozen MidWest (Michigan) powerline trucks headed East and at least 30 Nova Scotia tagged trucks heading west on the Pike. If I didnt know better, I'd say the Army mapped out those routes....
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Be safe out there. Hope the damage isnt too bad. I made the trip from Boston back to ALB today -- the winds were already whipping in Boston. I saw streams of line trucks on the Pike. Ironically, I saw a few dozen MidWest (Michigan) powerline trucks headed East and at least 30 Nova Scotia tagged trucks heading west on the Pike. If I didnt know better, I'd say the Army mapped out those routes....
                          There are still people headed east on the Thruway here, although a decent amount of traffic heading west. Obviously if we get anything more than a downpour, I have some options between Buffalo and Kingston.

Comment

This will be the 10th annual Black Friday game. RPI has a 7-1-1 record in these games, outscoring opponents 33-19. Only non-wins have come at the hands of Yale, which beat us 0-2 last year and tied us 4-4 in '07. We have played Union once in this game, the only Black Saturday game, and won 4-3 in overtime.

Comment

This will be the 10th annual Black Friday game. RPI has a 7-1-1 record in these games, outscoring opponents 33-19. Only non-wins have come at the hands of Yale, which beat us 0-2 last year and tied us 4-4 in '07. We have played Union once in this game, the only Black Saturday game, and won 4-3 in overtime.
                              That was the game that turned me into a hockey fan. Pretty fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X