No announcement yet.

RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

I expect two dog fights this weekend. A split wouldn't surprise me. But I admittedly don't have the greatest read on Union either - besides being early in the season, I haven't seen them with my own eyes since their first and only home game so far this year. And that was almost a month ago (10/6).

If anyone is going to the one at Messa, I'd recommend getting tickets in advance. Might be out of luck if you wait until game night.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
      This will be the 10th annual Black Friday game. RPI has a 7-1-1 record in these games, outscoring opponents 33-19. Only non-wins have come at the hands of Yale, which beat us 0-2 last year and tied us 4-4 in '07. We have played Union once in this game, the only Black Saturday game, and won 4-3 in overtime.
      I thought it was a 1-1 tie. http://www.collegehockeystats.net/07...s/mrenyal1.n02
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-29-2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        It was, the RPI website incorrectly lists it as a 4-4 tie, until you click the game recap, which is correct.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule...49&path=hockey

Comment

We have only been to one Black Friday game-and it was a win. These are always exciting and well attended to the point of almost being like the Freakout night. We need to get the crowd into the rest of the home League games like these 2. Somebody please think up some other theme nights for the remainign 9 home ECAC games. I don't think anything will help for some of the OOC games and of course those OOC games agins BU and BC do not normally need much help.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            We have only been to one Black Friday game-and it was a win. These are always exciting and well attended to the point of almost being like the Freakout night. We need to get the crowd into the rest of the home League games like these 2. Somebody please think up some other theme nights for the remainign 9 home ECAC games. I don't think anything will help for some of the OOC games and of course those OOC games agins BU and BC do not normally need much help.
            Free tickets for the students typically helps Black Friday.

Comment

Pick to Click... yada yada yada... it's fun... yada yada yada... you should play... yada yada yada
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Free tickets for the students typically helps Black Friday.
                Free is good. Making every league game some sort of an event would be nice. Bringing back the RPI Invitational Tournament would be something i would love to see and i do not care whether is is early in the season, Thanksgiving, Xmas or whatever.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Free is good. Making every league game some sort of an event would be nice. Bringing back the RPI Invitational Tournament would be something i would love to see and i do not care whether is is early in the season, Thanksgiving, Xmas or whatever.
                  I wouldn't want to be the refs on Dozen Egg Night...

Comment

This will be the 1st year that I miss Black Friday!! Someone on my wives side of the family decided to plan a wedding and did not consult with me or look at the schedule before setting the date. Will be in attendance on Saturday night at the sorry excuse for a rink Union. Actually purchased an extra ticket just so I can sit comfortably and not feel like a sardine. I am hoping this year we can at least split the series but would love to see a sweep. It seems ever since the game we lost to them back when we blew a lead in the 3rd period and then lost in OT they have had our number. I will need to look up exactly what year it was unless one of you know it off hand. I believe Murley was a senior. I also hope coach has not broken up the 9/15/39 line and should be interesting to see if he made any other changes. Also have a feeling we will see both BM and SD each play goal. If so, I hope SD plays at Union since I think BM is better when we play at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                      I also hope coach has not broken up the 9/15/39 line and should be interesting to see if he made any other changes.
                      Hmmmm, two weeks after WW-II started. I wonder if anything significant happened that day.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This will be the 1st year that I miss Black Friday!! Someone on my wives side of the family decided to plan a wedding and did not consult with me or look at the schedule before setting the date. Will be in attendance on Saturday night at the sorry excuse for a rink Union. Actually purchased an extra ticket just so I can sit comfortably and not feel like a sardine. I am hoping this year we can at least split the series but would love to see a sweep. It seems ever since the game we lost to them back when we blew a lead in the 3rd period and then lost in OT they have had our number. I will need to look up exactly what year it was unless one of you know it off hand. I believe Murley was a senior. I also hope coach has not broken up the 9/15/39 line and should be interesting to see if he made any other changes. Also have a feeling we will see both BM and SD each play goal. If so, I hope SD plays at Union since I think BM is better when we play at home.
                        It was the 99-00 season and Murley was a So. NG was a Fr so I would hope that helps to leave a bad taste in his mouth every game we have against them. Hopefully he states it in practices this week.

Comment

This will be the 1st year that I miss Black Friday!! Someone on my wives side of the family decided to plan a wedding and did not consult with me or look at the schedule before setting the date.
                          Is the name Pirri?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Is the name Pirri?
                            Check the guest list.

Comment

Memorandum

To: Wholin1 and All Union Fans

Re:USCHO Poll

Date:10/28/12
                              __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Attached please find the latest USCHO poll in which Ken Schott once again gives your team a first place vote.
                              Please remind Ken that you were tied by UCONN this weekend. Ken can deny all he wants but I am not buying.
                              In advance, thank you for your attention to this matter.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

cc: Steve Hagwell
                              Paul Stewart
                              Jason Klump
                              Ralph Baer
                              Last edited by AspyDad; 10-29-2012, 04:12 PM.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                Attached please find the latest USCHO poll in which Ken Schott once again gives your team a first place vote.
                                Please remind Ken that you were tied by UCONN this weekend. Ken can deny all he wants but I am not buying.
                                In advance, thank you for your attention to this matter
                                Ken and Aspy sittin' in a tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X