Ohio State vs Bemidji State 10/26 - 10/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Bemidji State 10/26 - 10/27

Let's get some talk going on this one. I won't pretend to understand how important this is for Bemidji State, but after getting swept by Minnesota by scores of 7-2 and 8-0, I think it's very important for Ohio State to bounce back this weekend. Will that mean a sweep? Maybe, maybe not, but I do look for the Buckeyes to come out with fire in their eyes this weekend at home. I still believe this team has a chance to crack the top four. As always with these threads, I would like to hear from Bemidji fans regarding what we can expect from your team. Based on your season so far, have you found a capable goalie to replace Zuzana Tomchikova? What else can you tell us about your team? Good luck this weekend and safe travels to all the Beaver fans making the trek to Columbus!

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Let's get some talk going on this one. I won't pretend to understand how important this is for Bemidji State, but after getting swept by Minnesota by scores of 7-2 and 8-0, I think it's very important for Ohio State to bounce back this weekend. Will that mean a sweep? Maybe, maybe not, but I do look for the Buckeyes to come out with fire in their eyes this weekend at home. I still believe this team has a chance to crack the top four. As always with these threads, I would like to hear from Bemidji fans regarding what we can expect from your team. Based on your season so far, have you found a capable goalie to replace Zuzana Tomchikova? What else can you tell us about your team? Good luck this weekend and safe travels to all the Beaver fans making the trek to Columbus!
    Crikets.... Crikets, I'm a bottom four (last year's standings) fan. A shoot-out in each game maybe?

Comment

Re: Ohio State vs Bemidji State 10/26 - 10/27

Originally posted by Fever View Post
      Crikets.... Crikets, I'm a bottom four (last year's standings) fan. A shoot-out in each game maybe?
      I think those crickets are still chirping! Ok, I will take a shootout in both games as long as we win them (LOL)!

Comment

I think those crickets are still chirping! Ok, I will take a shootout in both games as long as we win them (LOL)!
        In the WCHA a sweep (6 points) is 50% better than two shootout wins (4 points).
        But two shootout wins (4 points) is 100% better than two ties and losing both shootouts (2 points).

I can see how those extra percentages/points will be hugely important in determining which teams end up with home ice advantage come playoff time - especially this year with all the upsets we're seeing.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Let's get some talk going on this one. I won't pretend to understand how important this is for Bemidji State, but after getting swept by Minnesota by scores of 7-2 and 8-0, I think it's very important for Ohio State to bounce back this weekend. Will that mean a sweep? Maybe, maybe not, but I do look for the Buckeyes to come out with fire in their eyes this weekend at home. I still believe this team has a chance to crack the top four...
          About a year ago we had a tough weekend in Grand Forks and bounced back just fine. I agree that we will bounce back and that it's a must. With the season shaping up to be a 7 team battle royal for 2nd Place, every point earned against the rest of the "Bottom 7" is going to be vital, especially at the home games.

Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            About a year ago we had a tough weekend in Grand Forks and bounced back just fine. I agree that we will bounce back and that it's a must. With the season shaping up to be a 7 team battle royal for 2nd Place, every point earned against the rest of the "Bottom 7" is going to be vital, especially at the home games.

Go Bucks!
            Wish we were going to be there this weekend! The OSU men are playing Bowling Green (Mrs 86 is a BG grad so we are a house divided this weekend) so we are going up there this weekend.

Comment

..... The OSU men are playing Bowling Green ...... so we are going up there this weekend.
              "up there" ?. Is Bowling Green not due South from Ohio ?.

Comment

...... every point earned against the rest of the "Bottom 7"....
                Interesting way to describe the state of the WCHA ! ...Grand Daddy Scout would be turning over in his grave !

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  If you want to take the long route and circle the earth ...

Comment

Bowling Green, Kentucky is south. They don't play a lot of hockey in Kentucky.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                      Bowling Green, KY is south of Ohio ... Bowling Green, OH is in northwest Ohio (north of us). We get that a lot (LOL)! We were at a Bowling Green football game down south one year and the question was asked, "Isn't that where they make Corvettes?" "Um, no, that would be Bowling Green, Kentucky."

Comment

Me thinks OnMAA was simply having a little fun. But just in case, Bowling Green, Ohio is located one county south of Toledo -- maybe 15 minutes on I-75. Thus the real BG is actually closer to Ontario than Kentucky.

As for hockey in Kentucky, it's played at the club level at UK in Lexington. I know there's indoor ice in Louisville. But D-1 Hockey? Nope.

Comment

Me thinks OnMAA was simply having a little fun. But just in case, Bowling Green, Ohio is located one county south of Toledo -- maybe 15 minutes on I-75. Thus the real BG is actually closer to Ontario than Kentucky.

As for hockey in Kentucky, it's played at the club level at UK in Lexington. I know there's indoor ice in Louisville. But D-1 Hockey? Nope.
                          I think OnMAA was having a little fun, too!

Comment

The Unofficial 3 Stars for Friday's game is now posted on the WCHA IV thread. Good night for the Buckeyes, both here in Columbus and up at BG.

Comment

Interesting that, at least scoring-wise, the two games had similar first halves (first 30 minutes of each), but the second halves were much, MUCH different.
                              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X