PDA

View Full Version : UW @ tUMD: Badgers final trip to Duluth

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Biddco
10-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Oh eff it I'll make this thread. I would be surprised if UMD played Wisconsin in Duluth ever again. Which is less of a big deal than playing in Madison. Had a blast last time when I road tripped there. This series is definetly sweep-able for UMD as Wisconsin was swept in their opening weekend, and had the awkwardness of playing Bye U. their second week. I'm not buying a top 4 finish for Wisconsin, after their two below average years they have a lot to prove to me before they content for home ice.

UMD hasn't lost on Fridays but hasn't won on Saturdays.

UMD sweeps.

Timothy A
10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I really don't know what to expect from UW. They certainly way underachieved against NM in 2 low scoring affairs. They do have a lot to prove and as a Badger fan I'm not so confident they will prove they are a top 4 team either this weekend. The first weekend sure looked like the same old song a different year.

I do hope UW schedules some n/c games with UMD in the future. Historically and geographically it makes sense and UMD would provide a good n/c opponent.

Gurtholfin
10-23-2012, 12:56 PM
I always meant to make this road trip (for a UW v. tUMD series) and now I may never.

I also hope that we schedule tUMD in the future. Where else we gonna go in Minnesota? St. Cloud? Mankato? :eek:

I'm optimistic that we'll get at least 2 points.

SCSU Euro
10-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Word on the street is UW wont schedule with SCSU bc SCSU wants a one for one and UW said no. Not sure if they have the same demands with tUMD and if Duluth will give in

Biddco
10-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Word on the street is UW wont schedule with SCSU bc SCSU wants a one for one and UW said no. Not sure if they have the same demands with tUMD and if Duluth will give in

I had heard UMD tried to do a home and home with Michigan but they wouldn't make the trip to Duluth. I have a feeling Wisconsin will do the same.

SCSU Euro
10-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I had heard UMD tried to do a home and home with Michigan but they wouldn't make the trip to Duluth. I have a feeling Wisconsin will do the same.

I bet they will travel to Duluth, but for a two-for-one deal

Gurtholfin
10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I had heard UMD tried to do a home and home with Michigan but they wouldn't make the trip to Duluth.

Hard to blame them for not wanting to leave the Yost Mahal.

My wife and I were the same way for a while after we remodeled. Of course, we didn't line the interior of our home with tin foil, but everyone's tastes are different.

Biddco
10-23-2012, 04:33 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. But I'd be okay with two Madison road trips :D

It would seem Badgers are awful at riding their mopeds...

Gurtholfin
10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
It would seem Badgers are awful at riding their mopeds...

That just made me think of mopeds in Duluth... in December! :eek:

Biddco
10-23-2012, 05:29 PM
That just made me think of mopeds in Duluth... in December! :eek:

With how many accidents Badger players have you'd think they would be driving around that time!

UMDbulldogs#1
10-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Two for none is more realistic.

UMDbulldogs#1
10-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Only NCHC teams that get anything close to a one-for-one are North Dakota and Denver.

Almington
10-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Only NCHC teams that get anything close to a one-for-one are North Dakota and Denver.

UW has set up long term home-and home deals with CC/DU, und, and BC/BU. Not sure how many more of those UW can make.

Chuck Schwartz
10-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Without Lee and Kerdiles, I'd project these lines for this weekend out of Wisconsin

LaBate-Zengerle-Barnes
Paape-Zulinick-Mersch
Navin-Woods-Meuer
R. Little-Dahl-S. Little

SweeneyHawksHockey
10-24-2012, 10:27 AM

As someone mentioned in the Miami/Michigan game thread, Miami and Michigan may be talking about a long term scheduling deal.

Biddco
10-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Without Lee and Kerdiles, I'd project these lines for this weekend out of Wisconsin

LaBate-Zengerle-Barnes
Paape-Zulinick-Mersch
Navin-Woods-Meuer
R. Little-Dahl-S. Littlesince Lee is out I expect the Wisconsin power play to be very weak. Which is good because UMD is current 8th in the nation in penalties.

Timothy A
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
hard to blame them for not wanting to leave the yost mahal.

My wife and i were the same way for a while after we remodeled. Of course, we didn't line the interior of our home with tin foil, but everyone's tastes are different.

lol!

Strictly_Business
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
since Lee is out I expect the Wisconsin power play to be very weak. Which is good because UMD is current 8th in the nation in penalties.

and second in the WCHA! (19.5 m/g)

Strictly_Business
10-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Really wondering who will get the start for tUMD. McNeely played well, Crandall has been decent, and we have yet to see Fons. Maybe a McNeely-Fons weekend? Also, Farley needs to see ice timeall weekend. The logic behind a healthy scratch last Saturday played very well into ND's win. With that being said, Austyn Young played with heart too.

UMDbulldogs#1
10-24-2012, 06:42 PM
As someone mentioned in the Miami/Michigan game thread, Miami and Michigan may be talking about a long term scheduling deal.

Those B1G schools are all about the money, so I have to assume the Miami draws well in Ann Arbor. Otherwise Michigan probably wouldn't be willing to enter into a long term scheduling deal and would probably add UND, BU, or BC instead.