UW @ tUMD: Badgers final trip to Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UW @ tUMD: Badgers final trip to Duluth

Oh eff it I'll make this thread. I would be surprised if UMD played Wisconsin in Duluth ever again. Which is less of a big deal than playing in Madison. Had a blast last time when I road tripped there. This series is definetly sweep-able for UMD as Wisconsin was swept in their opening weekend, and had the awkwardness of playing Bye U. their second week. I'm not buying a top 4 finish for Wisconsin, after their two below average years they have a lot to prove to me before they content for home ice.

UMD hasn't lost on Fridays but hasn't won on Saturdays.

UMD sweeps.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: UW @ tUMD: Badgers final trip to Duluth

I really don't know what to expect from UW. They certainly way underachieved against NM in 2 low scoring affairs. They do have a lot to prove and as a Badger fan I'm not so confident they will prove they are a top 4 team either this weekend. The first weekend sure looked like the same old song a different year.

I do hope UW schedules some n/c games with UMD in the future. Historically and geographically it makes sense and UMD would provide a good n/c opponent.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I always meant to make this road trip (for a UW v. tUMD series) and now I may never.

I also hope that we schedule tUMD in the future. Where else we gonna go in Minnesota? St. Cloud? Mankato?

I'm optimistic that we'll get at least 2 points.

Comment

Word on the street is UW wont schedule with SCSU bc SCSU wants a one for one and UW said no. Not sure if they have the same demands with tUMD and if Duluth will give in
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Word on the street is UW wont schedule with SCSU bc SCSU wants a one for one and UW said no. Not sure if they have the same demands with tUMD and if Duluth will give in
          I had heard UMD tried to do a home and home with Michigan but they wouldn't make the trip to Duluth. I have a feeling Wisconsin will do the same.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I had heard UMD tried to do a home and home with Michigan but they wouldn't make the trip to Duluth. I have a feeling Wisconsin will do the same.
            I bet they will travel to Duluth, but for a two-for-one deal
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I had heard UMD tried to do a home and home with Michigan but they wouldn't make the trip to Duluth.

Hard to blame them for not wanting to leave the Yost Mahal.

My wife and I were the same way for a while after we remodeled. Of course, we didn't line the interior of our home with tin foil, but everyone's tastes are different.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. But I'd be okay with two Madison road trips

It would seem Badgers are awful at riding their mopeds...
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

It would seem Badgers are awful at riding their mopeds...

That just made me think of mopeds in Duluth... in December!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    That just made me think of mopeds in Duluth... in December!
                    With how many accidents Badger players have you'd think they would be driving around that time!
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Two for none is more realistic.
                      How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Only NCHC teams that get anything close to a one-for-one are North Dakota and Denver.
                        How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                          Only NCHC teams that get anything close to a one-for-one are North Dakota and Denver.
                          UW has set up long term home-and home deals with CC/DU, und, and BC/BU. Not sure how many more of those UW can make.

Comment

Without Lee and Kerdiles, I'd project these lines for this weekend out of Wisconsin

LaBate-Zengerle-Barnes
                            Paape-Zulinick-Mersch
                            Navin-Woods-Meuer
                            R. Little-Dahl-S. Little

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                              As someone mentioned in the Miami/Michigan game thread, Miami and Michigan may be talking about a long term scheduling deal.
                              2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X