Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW @ tUMD: Badgers final trip to Duluth

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    If Rumpel is hot, play him again tomorrow. I'd rather get off the goalie rotation sooner than later.
    Not sure why we're even still talking about a rotation. Rumpel should be the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Not sure why we're even still talking about a rotation. Rumpel should be the guy.
      Rumpel is the guy, rotating early in the season doesn't change that.

You need to play both goalies. That said, I won't be disappointed to see Joel tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Rumpel is the guy, rotating early in the season doesn't change that.

You need to play both goalies. That said, I won't be disappointed to see Joel tomorrow.

I agree with that against NMU. This is a conference series though and a chance to maintain momentum. There's one right choice for tomorrow, assuming of course that Rumpel is the guy - and I think that he is.

He should get the nod.

Comment

I agree with that against NMU. This is a conference series though and a chance to maintain momentum. There's one right choice for tomorrow, assuming of course that Rumpel is the guy - and I think that he is.

He should get the nod.
          It's easy to say that given the results of last season, it's another statement entirely if you were in Green Bay. Did you watch Peterson play against NMU?

He deserves more starts.

Comment

It's easy to say that given the results of last season, it's another statement entirely if you were in Green Bay. Did you watch Peterson play against NMU?

He deserves more starts.

I did not watch as it wasn't on down here. He had a .900 save percentage and gave up 3 goals. Solid game, but by the numbers, not exactly standing on his head. Were a bunch of the saves spectacular? If so, cool.

Anyone can have a good game. I'm not saying he isn't a good goalie and maybe the two of them are neck and neck through practices so far. Haven't been watching practices either.

Yes, I'm mostly going on what we saw last season and I don't typically like a 50:50 rotation. I'm hoping one of them (don't care which) separates himself and gets 80% of the starts. To my eyes, Rumps looks like he has a higher ceiling, but I'll be just as happy if Peterson steps it up and takes the main job.

Comment

I did not watch as it wasn't on down here. He had a .900 save percentage and gave up 3 goals. Solid game, but by the numbers, not exactly standing on his head. Were a bunch of the saves spectacular? If so, cool.

Anyone can have a good game. I'm not saying he isn't a good goalie and maybe the two of them are neck and neck through practices so far. Haven't been watching practices either.

Yes, I'm mostly going on what we saw last season and I don't typically like a 50:50 rotation. I'm hoping one of them (don't care which) separates himself and gets 80% of the starts. To my eyes, Rumps looks like he has a higher ceiling, but I'll be just as happy if Peterson steps it up and takes the main job.
              Peterson was better than Rumpel was in Green Bay, was my point. Peterson allowed three goals, but didn't have much of a chance on two of them as one his defense hung him out to dry, and the other was on the powerplay and just phenomenal passing by NMU.

Hey, I'm with you on Rumpel getting more starts in the long run, but there's no reason to run him into the ground early in the season either.

Everyone knows Rumpel is the guy, but I have no problem with either of them between the pipes at this point.

Comment

Rumpel is in again tonight.

Comment

****, these crickets are loud!

Great tie last night considering it took two third period goals to get it. 3 points in Duluth? We'll take it!

Looking forward to actually watching a game on Friday!

Comment

Certainly a disappointing weekend for UMD. Giving up that two goal lead last night and the struggles offensively remind me how young this team is. Sucks to see that Wisconsin is not as bad as last year. UMD is seeing the growing pains of a young teams. I say that because I think we lead the nation in goals allowed when your player falls down.

Interesting to hear that UW wants to continue the series as a 2 and 1 and UMD has said no. Unless something changes these teams won't play each other. Which only sucks because I'd like to visit Madison for hockey.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

****, these crickets are loud!
                      You DO know they're just inside your head, right?

Comment

UMD looks like they did back in 2006-2008ish. It will take some time to grow the young guys and get everyone on the same page. We need to control the puck better and make smart passes. Keeping five guys on the ice wouldn't hurt either.
                        UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Originally posted by DropPass View Post
                          UMD looks like they did back in 2006-2008ish. It will take some time to grow the young guys and get everyone on the same page. We need to control the puck better and make smart passes. Keeping five guys on the ice wouldn't hurt either.
                          It's back to the UMD hockey I fell in love with!!! Aww
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Certainly a disappointing weekend for UMD. Giving up that two goal lead last night and the struggles offensively remind me how young this team is. Sucks to see that Wisconsin is not as bad as last year. UMD is seeing the growing pains of a young teams. I say that because I think we lead the nation in goals allowed when your player falls down.

Interesting to hear that UW wants to continue the series as a 2 and 1 and UMD has said no. Unless something changes these teams won't play each other. Which only sucks because I'd like to visit Madison for hockey.
                            I have said if we don't get any more trips there, I'll go to Madison for a Gopher series.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              I didn't hear numbers that you're posting, but I did ask Eaves about it after the game. He was adamant that he wants to set something up with UMD down the road. Ciskie said it's just coach speak, but the tone of his voice seemed truthful. He mentioned it wouldn't be in the immediate future, so I'm guessing there will be a break of at least a few years.

I had a great time, and Amsoil is excellent so I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Comment

I didn't hear numbers that you're posting, but I did ask Eaves about it after the game. He was adamant that he wants to set something up with UMD down the road. Ciskie said it's just coach speak, but the tone of his voice seemed truthful. He mentioned it wouldn't be in the immediate future, so I'm guessing there will be a break of at least a few years.

I had a great time, and Amsoil is excellent so I wouldn't mind that one bit.
                                I'm going with what Ciskie tweeted last night. I'm assuming he heard that from someone within UMD athletics. I'd have to agree with you that it seemed truthful. Down the road it will happen.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                I have said if we don't get any more trips there, I'll go to Madison for a Gopher series.
                                Maybe if Michigan plays there for football I can convince some people to go. Otherwise I won't.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X