Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Originally posted by jtc129 View Post
    Hi:

Heard that parking was $10 at Tsongas? If true, any good alternatives?

Thanks
    get there fairly early, drive to the front of the arena and go left (as you face the arena), then turn right, keeping the arena on your right... there will be street parking.. if you do not find it immediately, take a left like you are going toward the beer works, and there will be steet parking somewhere, either on that road or on a side street.

I have never paid when I did not want to... when it is sleeting out and I have kids with me, i pay in the garage

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      F would you rather him put up multiple hat tricks against UVM and then disappear on the biggest stage? would that somehow make my argument about him being better than Wilson stronger???

a lot of people won huge accolades last season due to their performances against UVM... who did not do squat against the top teams.
      that is the nature of the regular season awards

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        get there fairly early, drive to the front of the arena and go left (as you face the arena), then turn right, keeping the arena on your right... there will be street parking.. if you do not find it immediately, take a left like you are going toward the beer works, and there will be steet parking somewhere, either on that road or on a side street.
        Most of that street parking is gone thanks to the condos they put in over there a couple of years ago.

Unless you're there by about 5:00, you can forget about street parking near the arena.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by jtc129 View Post
          Hi:

Heard that parking was $10 at Tsongas? If true, any good alternatives?

Thanks
          If you get there early, there's a private lot only $5 for parking. I just parked there and getting something to eat now, just a short walk to the rink.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I feel like Lowell definitely played well enough to win this game tonight, but, like a broken record for this season thus far, they have not been able to finish. They took it to BC for the entire 1st period and then for most of the third after BC got the only goal of the night. Pendenza had the puck bounce off his stick with about 5 seconds left when he had an open net in front of him. That was rough.

I'm glad that Bazin finally put the Wilson-Wetmore-Arnold line together again. They created a lot of possibilities, but again, were not able to put any home. Milner had a good game. He didn't give up many rebounds, and his defense kept most of Lowell's opportunities to the outside where he was able to see the puck the whole time. Looking forward to Sunday and hoping Lowell can go ahead and get a split.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              If you get there early, there's a private lot only $5 for parking. I just parked there and getting something to eat now, just a short walk to the rink.
              get there at 6:15 and park in front of the police station on the street pointing in the correct direction when you leave, it never fails

Comment

I'll take two road points in any manner. I'd expect a better performance from BC at home on Sunday. Milner is going to have to be one of the better players and he hasn't disappointed the last two games.

Comment

I'll take two road points in any manner. I'd expect a better performance from BC at home on Sunday. Milner is going to have to be one of the better players and he hasn't disappointed the last two games.
                  about 130 scoreless minutes

Comment

Milner's been awesome, but I've been most excited about Matheson, Doherty, and Alber playing so well. It will make a huge difference if they can keep this developing and eventually replicate some of the Dumoulin/Cross production from last year from February-April.

Comment

From CHN: The game takeaway.
                      http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...c-past-lowell/

Comment

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
                        Milner's been awesome, but I've been most excited about Matheson, Doherty, and Alber playing so well. It will make a huge difference if they can keep this developing and eventually replicate some of the Dumoulin/Cross production from last year from February-April.
                        From the box score I saw that Doherty had a couple holding penalties pretty close to each other in the 2nd. I was talking up Doherty after the last NU game - did his game slip last night? What was the context?
                        National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                        two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                        b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                          From the box score I saw that Doherty had a couple holding penalties pretty close to each other in the 2nd. I was talking up Doherty after the last NU game - did his game slip last night? What was the context?
                          Nope. Doherty looked good last night IMO. First penalty he got beat. Second call was b.s. Lowell skater slipped and fell beside the BC net while carrying the puck. Doherty was the closest BC player to blame it on.

FWIW... I didn't see any player on the ice last night that can make defensemen look silly. Oh wait... Johny Gaudreau made a few guys look like mites.
                          I gotta say, a Lowell d-man had Gaudreau lined up for a HUGE hit. Johnny skating along the back boards by the net and the d-man is flying in on him. Gaudreau pushes the puck forward, does a little pause in his step and the d-man crashes into the boards, completely missing contact with Gaudreau. Loudest noise of the night.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
                            I'm patiently waiting for Matheson's first career goal, because I think the flood gates will then open to his offensive talent.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Reminder... Sunday's game is a 4:00 pm start.

Comment

Looking for Hayes to step it up as BC needs more offense from him whether it's goals or assists. He and Mullane need to as Mullane has 2 goals so far while Hayes has 0 goals. BC will need more offense than this on Sunday to win. That penalty on Doherty was so BS but BC was able to kill it.

UML could have easily won that game outshooting BC 2 x 1 but BC scores the only goal. I'm looking for some BC players to shoot more when they have the shot but at times they overpass it to death. They should have had an ENG when they had possession in the UML end. JG was killing a lot of time when he was tying up the puck in the corner while UML were trying to take the puck away from him.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X