Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    There were just under 2k students at the UVM game, so the number of seats available to the general public isn't as high as it was before. Not so sure you'll be able to get a ticket if you walk up on Friday.
    Great point. Not to mention that there were maybe 200 UVM fans at that game.

Looking forward to Friday's game. Always an excellent atmosphere at the Tsongas when BC comes to town.
    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Anyone else thinking of going to the game on Sunday? I know the Pats are playing but I can listen to 4th quarter on the drive down to Chestnut Hill.

BC fans: Prediction for the crowd on Sunday? 1,500 max?
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
        Anyone else thinking of going to the game on Sunday? I know the Pats are playing but I can listen to 4th quarter on the drive down to Chestnut Hill.

1,500 max? How on Earth did you come up with that number?

At this rate, a BC-UML game is much more entertaining than watching the Pats, especially when they are playing the mediocre Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Why didn't Carr start against Denver?
          Boggles my mind.

For kicks, I checked Carr's record at BC. He has never played a minute at Conte Forum.
          11/2/10 Boulanger (L) BC 5-2
          1/22/11 Boulanger (L) BC 6-3
          10/29/11 Robbins (L) (16:57) 9 saves, 4 ga, Boulanger (43:03) 9 saves, 2 ga. BC 6-3

Apparantly, Carr can't win at BC, or Denver for that matter.
          I'd start one of the other guys at BC.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            1,500 max? How on Earth did you come up with that number?

At this rate, a BC-UML game is much more entertaining than watching the Pats, especially when they are playing the mediocre Rams.
            I've been to 5 or 6 Lowell/BC games at Conte and the crowd is always small. Thought I was being nice with the 1,500 prediction

This season just about every Pats is entertaining. That isn't a good thing!
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

I've been to 5 or 6 Lowell/BC games at Conte and the crowd is always small. Thought I was being nice with the 1,500 prediction
              Well, if you guys were Northeastern, there'd be 7,884 there.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Well, if you guys were Northeastern, there'd be 7,884 there.
                Are talking about the banner raising? FU!!!

Make the trip up to Lowell on Friday. I will buy you a beer.
                Let's go Lowell.

Comment

I am coming up. Can't see the hometown boy play at Conte, so I'm coming to Lowell.
                  Beside that... somebody has to keep sterlippo1 out of trouble.
                  It ain't easy being me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Does that Wilson guy still play for Lowell?

Remember when the Lowell fans thought he was as good as Gaudreau. LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL.
                    You're going to have to refresh my memory. Maybe it's me, maybe I'm just getting old. Who won Hockey East Rookie of the Year? Wilmer...Weller...Whammy....WILSON! Sheesh, I was way off!

If you want to cast Wilson off after three games, go ahead. It wouldn't be the first ridiculous thing you've said on these boards.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      There were just under 2k students at the UVM game, so the number of seats available to the general public isn't as high as it was before. Not so sure you'll be able to get a ticket if you walk up on Friday.
                      If you sold out for UVM i have to think this will be banged out too. I love going to Tsongas even though it's been kind of a house of horrors for BC. I think the first game i saw there was Schneider's junior season (2007 maybe?) and he gave up 5 goals in the first period

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Beside that... somebody has to keep sterlippo1 out of trouble.
                      thanks, it's true

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        You're going to have to refresh my memory. Maybe it's me, maybe I'm just getting old. Who won Hockey East Rookie of the Year? Wilmer...Weller...Whammy....WILSON! Sheesh, I was way off!

If you want to cast Wilson off after three games, go ahead. It wouldn't be the first ridiculous thing you've said on these boards.
                        Wilson's good. It's just that he's not as good as Gaudreau. Wasn't last year, won't be this year, probably never will be. Of course there's no shame in that but then you argue about the ROTY and ... oh try to spit that hook out.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          If you sold out for UVM i have to think this will be banged out too. I love going to Tsongas even though it's been kind of a house of horrors for BC. I think the first game i saw there was Schneider's junior season (2007 maybe?) and he gave up 5 goals in the first period
                          I'd agree, I'd be surprised if the place wasn't sold out (or at least close to it). And Lowell has had some pretty memorable wins at the Tsongas against BC the past few years, hopefully that continues.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'm going. Probably wont be a big crowd because of it being Sunday and a Pats game, but I'm just not driving all the way to Lowell after work on a Friday at 5pm lol. Maybe 3,000 attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
                              I'm going. Probably wont be a big crowd because of it being Sunday and a Pats game, but I'm just not driving all the way to Lowell after work on a Friday at 5pm lol. Maybe 3,000 attendance?
                              are all of you nuts? or have not been to any of these Sunday games the past few years? or dont look or know what BC draws? . I will be surprised if there aren't 6000 in the building.
                              Last 5 Sunday games at Conte

1/8/2012 vs Mack Att: 7114
                              11/13/11 vs BU Att:7884 (sellout) I know, throw this out of the equation
                              11/21/2010 vs Maine Att: 5765
                              2/21/2010 vs NU Att: 6180
                              11/15/2009 vs UVM Att: 4472

and there are way more students this and last year than there were in 2009 or 2010. Would like to see more UML fans there though. You guys travel to Denver but not to Chestnut Hill. Ive have not seen good turnouts in the past 6 years of UML fans in Conte, so show up sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Would like to see more UML fans there though. You guys travel to Denver but not to Chestnut Hill. Ive have not seen good turnouts in the past 6 years of UML fans in Conte, so show up sunday!
                                Cheaper to go to Denver.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X