Where did the Message Board go ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the Message Board go ?

Used to be able to converse via a message board one on one with other posters. Visible via a person's profile, but you could adjust privacy settings. This message board was introduced during the last major overhaul of this board about two years ago. Used it recently (about a month or so ago).

Just noticed that it has "Vanished". Been like that for at least about a week or so. Did I miss the memo ?, Did it get removed ?. I did not change any of my own settings, which had it set up as "visible by friends only".
    Last edited by OnMAA; 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM.

Re: Where did the Message Board go ?

I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

I assume that you are referring to the personal messages. A poster naqmed gangnam (since removed) was spamming there, and they may have cut it off for that reason.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I assume that you are referring to the personal messages. A poster naqmed gangnam (since removed) was spamming there, and they may have cut it off for that reason.
        Thanks RPI Ralph. As a poster with 139 Thousand plus posts , you must know a thing or two about this board. Even at 100 posts a day that would take almost 4 years to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          Even at 100 posts a day that would take almost 4 years to accomplish.
          Or conversely at 4 posts a day it take almost 100 years to accomplish!
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Decided to look up the Ralph "stats". Member since 1999, averaging 28.83 posts per day over a 13 year period to get to 139,276. Wow. Makes my 1.4 posts a day over the last 7 years look like nothing.

Comment

Decided to look up the Ralph "stats". Member since 1999, averaging 28.83 posts per day over a 13 year period to get to 139,276. Wow. Makes my 1.4 posts a day over the last 7 years look like nothing.
              Most of the posts have been on Association threads and RPI men's team game threads. Little of enduring value.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Little of enduring value.
                In a world where even "Hall of Fame" threads get archived, how enduring is any of this? We forget what was said, but at least there is a counter to remind us of how many times it was said.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  In a world where even "Hall of Fame" threads get archived
                  Big pet peeve of mine, as some past threads have real good value.

One of the reasons I joined way back when is to get educated on recruiting and how it works. Some past threads around that subject were very educational, and sure gave good guidance towards best practices to ensure we made informed decisions.

Comment

In a world where even "Hall of Fame" threads get archived, how enduring is any of this? We forget what was said, but at least there is a counter to remind us of how many times it was said.
                    Good point. I assume that you mean "purged" not "archived". If they actually are archived I'd like to know where. Besides for the 9/11/01 thread which was mostly rescued, the rest seem to have vanished.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I assume that you mean "purged" not "archived".
                      Yeah, probably. Sometimes the selected archive device is /dev/null.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Thanks RPI Ralph. As a poster with 139 Thousand plus posts , you must know a thing or two about this board. Even at 100 posts a day that would take almost 4 years to accomplish.
                        Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        math?? smh!
                        Little of enduring value.
                        Love me some Baer
                        this...

I'm still averaging ~4 posts/day
                        (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                          I'm still averaging ~4 posts/day
                          And that after a 2 year hiatus...However, you are still a 2 full digits behind Da Bear.

Comment

Working...
                          X