INCH hangs up their skates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INCH hangs up their skates

INCH has called it quits and is shutting down their site. Too bad, they are a great group of guys and added an often times light-hearted and humorous perspective. Most of these guys do this because it is their passion and not for monetary gain. Real life and things like newspaper cutbacks took a toll on their time and staff and it looks like they decided to end it instead of doing a half-job. Goodfor them and best of luck, their site will be missed.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/INCH.htm

Re: INCH hangs up their skates

INCH was always an afterthought to me, significantly behind both USCHO and College Hockey News. However, though not a crippling blow to college hockey media, it is a bummer. They had some good writers and their own niche.

RIP, INCH.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I always looked forward to their recruiting rankings to see who I should be watching out for. I also like how they have all previous NCAA tourney brackets. They did a great job previewing the tourney with line charts for all teams and doing the fantasy draft idea of what the 16 tourney teams could use.

The written on a napkin feature, the fact they are linked up to box scores that show line combos.

Unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I always looked forward to their recruiting rankings to see who I should be watching out for.
        I had been wondering why this was late this year. Now I know.

Sad to see them go.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thoughts on a Napkin was always a fun read.
          Will miss their approach.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Was not an avid reader of the site but will still miss it. RIP
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

oh no. enjoyed the site.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Stinks. Things had gone slightly downhill over there lately. But they are a great group of guys and didn't take themselves too seriously, which was great when combined with the fact that they had their finger on the pulse of college hockey better than anyone else. Their haikus were always great come NCAA tournament time.

Big freaking "stick salute" to those guys.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This is what happens when you anger UND fans.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

INCH I-told-you-so
                    for New Hampshire loss in March
                    Will miss all but that

Comment

Any chances if some of them will get picked up to help out USCHO?
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I had wondered if something was up when their A-Z seemed to progress very slowly and didn't get all the way to Z (although I don't know if there are any Z's this season). Always loved their power rankings, league previews and first shifts. I hate when any college hockey-related media goes by the wayside.
                        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Big freaking "stick salute" to those guys.
                          This.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                            Always loved their power rankings, league previews and first shifts. I hate when any college hockey-related media goes by the wayside.
                            Well said. Really sad to see them go.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                            X