PDA

View Full Version : INCH hangs up their skates

Tater
10-21-2012, 11:04 PM
INCH has called it quits and is shutting down their site. Too bad, they are a great group of guys and added an often times light-hearted and humorous perspective. Most of these guys do this because it is their passion and not for monetary gain. Real life and things like newspaper cutbacks took a toll on their time and staff and it looks like they decided to end it instead of doing a half-job. Goodfor them and best of luck, their site will be missed.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/INCH.htm

aallenpollreisz
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
INCH was always an afterthought to me, significantly behind both USCHO and College Hockey News. However, though not a crippling blow to college hockey media, it is a bummer. They had some good writers and their own niche.

RIP, INCH.

J.D.
10-21-2012, 11:25 PM
I always looked forward to their recruiting rankings to see who I should be watching out for. I also like how they have all previous NCAA tourney brackets. They did a great job previewing the tourney with line charts for all teams and doing the fantasy draft idea of what the 16 tourney teams could use.

The written on a napkin feature, the fact they are linked up to box scores that show line combos.

Unfortunate.

Ralph Baer
10-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I always looked forward to their recruiting rankings to see who I should be watching out for. I had been wondering why this was late this year. Now I know.

Sad to see them go.

vizoroo
10-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Thoughts on a Napkin was always a fun read.
Will miss their approach.

DrDemento
10-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Was not an avid reader of the site but will still miss it. RIP

huskyfan
10-22-2012, 07:05 AM
oh no. enjoyed the site.

Nick Papagiorgio
10-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Stinks. Things had gone slightly downhill over there lately. But they are a great group of guys and didn't take themselves too seriously, which was great when combined with the fact that they had their finger on the pulse of college hockey better than anyone else. Their haikus were always great come NCAA tournament time.

Big freaking "stick salute" to those guys.

Dirty
10-22-2012, 07:46 AM
This is what happens when you anger UND fans.

Bag-Oh-Donuts
10-22-2012, 08:15 AM
INCH I-told-you-so
for New Hampshire loss in March
Will miss all but that

bigmrg74
10-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Any chances if some of them will get picked up to help out USCHO?

Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.
10-22-2012, 10:58 AM
I had wondered if something was up when their A-Z seemed to progress very slowly and didn't get all the way to Z (although I don't know if there are any Z's this season). Always loved their power rankings, league previews and first shifts. I hate when any college hockey-related media goes by the wayside.

MarkEagleUSA
10-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Big freaking "stick salute" to those guys.This.

Biddco
10-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Always loved their power rankings, league previews and first shifts. I hate when any college hockey-related media goes by the wayside.
Well said. Really sad to see them go.