PDA

View Full Version : Sunday October 21st Scores: Norwich/Dartmouth part deux

Pages : [1] 2

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 02:44 PM
One year ago Dartmouth downed the Cadets 3-1 in an exhibition game at Thompson Arena. Norwich outshot Dartmouth 17-13 though and were even 1-1 going into the third period before penalties caught up with Norwich and the Big Green capitalized with two power play goals by Brandon McNallly.

Part deux starts in about 18 minutes.

Norwich lines-

Cotnoir-Janke-Thomas
Gorman-Forkey-Duszynski
Allan-Niezgoda-Mulvey
Baldino-Lawler-Morgan
McEleney

Currier-Thieda
Fulton-Hale
Lyrvall-Gatien
Gour

Carroll
Czarnota
Marinsek

All three goalies are expected to play a period with Carroll getting the nod for the first period.

jimmy d
10-21-2012, 03:01 PM
All three goalies are expected to play a period with Carroll getting the nod for the first period.

I like that idea. Shows a lot of class to give Dartmouth a sporting chance like that!

Are there many Wick fans in attendance?

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I like that idea. Shows a lot of class to give Dartmouth a sporting chance like that!

Are there many Wick fans in attendance?

Norwich has atleast 2/3rds of the fans here if not more.

Crowd looks similar to last year.

2-0 Dartmouth five minutes in.

Goals by Keenan and Robinson.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
3-0 Dartmouth. Sikura with rebound goal.

Tory Allan scores less than a minute later to make it 3-1 Dartmouth.

2 on 1 break with Mulvey...Mulvey wrist shot from high slot...Morris got a piece with his glove but Allan trailed the play and poked it in.

10:50 left... 3-1 Dartmouth.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Alec Thieda scores from the point for Norwich to make it 3-2 Dartmouth with 10:13 left in first period.

Puck got deflected in the slot area, hit crossbar and into net.

WILD game.

In 10 minutes we have more goals than we had in the whole game last year.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah...lost in all the confusion...Parker Carroll got pulled after the third Dartmouth goal.

17'sfanNU
10-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Not a bad start after only a week of coaching practices. They will pull it all together in no time at all. Czarnota looked good and ready. Maybe Carroll just had the jitters, usually looks better than that, but the defense was also just beginning to figure it all out too. The new D guy from Sweden, Erik Lyrvall also played well. All and all, I think everyone did fine and McShane was coaching behind the bench the whole game, taking to individual players, very cool. I think we'll see some great skating next Friday night agains Trois Rivieres. Glad to have Norwich back in action.:D
l

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Not a bad start after only a week of coaching practices. They will pull it all together in no time at all. Czarnota looked good and ready. Maybe Carroll just had the jitters, usually looks better than that, but the defense was also just beginning to figure it all out too. The new D guy from Sweden, Erik Lyrvall also played well. All and all, I think everyone did fine and McShane was coaching behind the bench the whole game, taking to individual players, very cool. I think we'll see some great skating next Friday night agains Trois Rivieres. Glad to have Norwich back in action.:D
l

Recap up on Norwich Athletics website:

Dartmouth edges Norwich 4-3 (http://www.norwichathletics.com/sports/mice/2012-13/releases/Dartmouth_10-21-12)

norm1909
10-21-2012, 07:40 PM
l

Glad to see he didn't get ejected!!! :rolleyes: ;)

NUProf
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Recap up on Norwich Athletics website:

Dartmouth edges Norwich 4-3 (http://www.norwichathletics.com/sports/mice/2012-13/releases/Dartmouth_10-21-12)

As I said in the NU thread + Czarnota, Marisicik, team as a whole - Carroll, left point on the power play

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 08:44 PM
As I said in the NU thread + Czarnota, Marisicik, team as a whole - Carroll, left point on the power play

Liked what I saw from Lyrvall and Niezgoda. Niez with Allan and mulvey is nice.

hawk
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48935&SPID=4728&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205717325&DB_OEM_ID=11600

Dartmouth recap of the game along with the official box score. Cris Czarnota and Matic Marinsek played strong games in goal for Norwich and it was nice to see Norwich use all three goaltenders this year. The Blue Line Club did a great job with the cookout before the game.

NUProf
10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Liked what I saw from Lyrvall and Niezgoda. Niez with Allan and mulvey is nice.

Morgan made some nice moves, too, in the third perod

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48935&SPID=4728&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205717325&DB_OEM_ID=11600

Dartmouth recap of the game along with the official box score. Cris Czarnota and Matic Marinsek played strong games in goal for Norwich and it was nice to see Norwich use all three goaltenders this year. The Blue Line Club did a great job with the cookout before the game.

Is mine not good enough for you? :rolleyes:

You'll do anything for free food. How's that steak for Charlie coming?

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 09:33 PM
I liked Morgan, McEleney and Lawler together.

NUProf
10-21-2012, 09:48 PM
I liked Morgan, McEleney and Lawler together.

I thought Mulvey played a really good game, too.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-21-2012, 09:49 PM
I thought Mulvey played a really good game, too.

Mulvey, Allan, Niezgoda together all looked good I thought.

hawk
10-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Is mine not good enough for you? :rolleyes:

You'll do anything for free food. How's that steak for Charlie coming?

Taken the game as a whole wern't you impressed how Norwich competed with a good D1 program like Dartmouth? For Dartmouth Tyler Suikura and Mike Keenan were very impressive.

Talking of steak one of the best steak places in NH and VT was right up the street (Jesse's).

PrezdeJohnson09
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Taken the game as a whole wern't you impressed how Norwich competed with a good D1 program like Dartmouth? For Dartmouth Tyler Suikura and Mike Keenan were very impressive.

Talking of steak one of the best steak places in NH and VT was right up the street (Jesse's).

Norwich competed with Dartmouth last year. To me, it was not a shock that for the second straight year Norwich was able to be extremely competitive and have quality scoring chances.

jerrynu26
10-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I thought all four freshman played well. As a team, for first game, I thought they were a little flat to start, but then started picking it up.