X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Laker Hockey 2012-2013....No Slogans, Just Hockey

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
    Utica this year......
    Just imagine the explosion of posts (and posters!!) if true!
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Utica this year......
      Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      Just imagine the explosion of posts (and posters!!) if true!
      Utica has 7 Canadians out of 28.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
        Has anyone heard anything about the pre-season investigation concerning Oswego's financial aid violations? I think we're coming up on the time when the NCAA or SUNYAC pulled the post-season plug on Geneseo, Buffalo and Morrisville, .....just askin'.
        well lets just say no news is good news.........for us

Comment

There are whispers out there. If Oswego runs the regular season table, but loses the SUNYAC tourney, do they have enough to claim a Pool C?? Reason I ask is because there isn't a lot of quality wins and those they have will probably take a hit when Hobart and Utica start playing conference games.

Comment

• Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
            There are whispers out there. If Oswego runs the regular season table, but loses the SUNYAC tourney, do they have enough to claim a Pool C?? Reason I ask is because there isn't a lot of quality wins and those they have will probably take a hit when Hobart and Utica start playing conference games.
            If Oswego does well in the regular season but losses in the playoffs they are still in the hunt for a pool C, it all really depends on how all of the other top teams do in their conferences, if Bowdoin, SNC and Adrian we're probably not going to get in, if those teams all win than our shot is pretty good, it all depends on whose ranked as well.
            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Remember this is the "new" NCAA. As long as you stop doing it, nothing happens. They are kind of like that parent who counts to 2, and then give you the 2-1/4, 2-1/2, 2-3/4...ect ect. And then once you "fix" it they say "good job, now dont do it again. We will be watching you for a few years". Oswego has changed their FA packages, but again until I see the numbers (as in just what the % of athletes to non-athletes were) I will leave it at that. I highly doubt it was anywhere NEAR what Neumann did (98% athletes) and I don't think it was done with any intention (unlike others-and yes my opinion on that has not wavered). For those school who are at the 51% and get caught its a fine line that unfortunatley you need to walk, for those in the 75%+, you get what you deserve.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                  as usual thanks mike, and how cold was it in there rumors says its the coldest rink around??

Comment

• Lakers 24/7 part 3 video not available on mobile devices?
                    Last edited by OZFEST; 01-19-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

bakdraft: coldest rink I've been in to this point, and definitely colder than years past... although an Oswego alum was kind enough to point out last night that I never experienced Romney...
                      WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

bakdraft: coldest rink I've been in to this point, and definitely colder than years past... although an Oswego alum was kind enough to point out last night that I never experienced Romney...
                        Romney was awesome! Unless something has changed, you will experience cold when you go to Potsdam's home rink for the year at the Massena Arena.
                        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I think the Postdam rink does have some heaters, but there are cold spots. I thought both Singleton and Kim-Swallow looked good last night. Nice to see them get on the score board.

Comment

yea Romney was a ice box .my friends who cam to the game were at happy hr for 3 hrs at least b4 they stepped into that joint...and then it continued in the rink,from what I hear

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              yea Romney was a ice box .my friends who cam to the game were at happy hr for 3 hrs at least b4 they stepped into that joint...and then it continued in the rink,from what I hear
                              Romney's fast ice was considered quite a home field advantage i understand from those who played on it.

Comment

Romney's fast ice was considered quite a home field advantage i understand from those who played on it.
                                Romney wasn't the coldest rink the lakers played at it was the outside Hobart Rink. I can remember playing there and know was falling onto the rink. What made Romney a miserable place to play was that the humidity in the rink was so high. There were games I remember where it was foggy in the place. I recently went to a St. Lawrence game and thier rink is in the same structure that Romney was and it was almost comfortable at the Saints rink, NO HUMIDITY.
                                Oswego 88

Comment

Working...
                                X