X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State Laker Hockey 2012-2013....No Slogans, Just Hockey

Originally posted by LakerFan11 View Post
    I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game but saw Hare was taken out early. Was that do to giving up 2 early goals? will Jones get the start against Elmira or will Hare get another chance?

Even though it was sloppy at least 7 different Lakers were able to score which is great to see no matter who they play.
    Hare had one save on three shots, and was pulled. Neither goal was a great goal, and let in a bad goal against the U-18. Just came out cold tonight? Starter -vs- Elmira??? I thought the new kid looked solid against the U-18 as well, so there are three capable goalies in my opinion
    2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
    2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
    2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
    2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

For those that care, the reigning AHL MVP and Canisius grad Cory Conacher (Syracuse Crunch) was in the crowd. He is apparently friends with the Carr brothers and the 2010 #6 overall pick, Brett Connolly (who is friends with RJay Berra) he would normally be playing for the Bolts right now. Kind of cool to see NHL'ers taking in a Laker game.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerAlum09 View Post
        If he falters early then we might have a situation on our hands. That we probably didn't think we would have. The good news is we have two more capable backups who could start on most teams.
        That's what I'm worried about, Hare falters tonight, it's not as hard to come from behind against Cortland (nothing against them of course my wife is an alum after-all) but Elmira is usually a much tougher opponent and falling behind to them even at home could prove disastrous and we may not bounce back. Defense was key in last years run and it needs to be key again if they want to get back to the top and that starts tomorrow against the Golden Eagles.
        Oswego Class of '11

2012-13 ECAC-West Pick-Em' Runner-up
        2013-14 Last Person Standing Third Place
        2014-15 National D-III Pick'Em Runner-up

Oswego State Lakers
        D-III National Champs 2007
        SUNYAC Champions: 1980-82, 1984, 1989, 1991, 2003, 2010, 2013, 2014
        NCAA D-III Frozen Four: 1987, 2003, 2007, 2010-14

Comment

If the Soaring Eagles go up 2 quick like Cortland did tonight we very well could be in for a long night. But, I honestly can't see it happening that way. I think some of this tonight was a lack of intensity and mental preparedness (playing down to the opponents level-there is no question we are still more talented than Cortland). I mean after all it was Cortland that they were opening the year against. I know they should be up for every game, but as well as we have been playing the last three years it was expected that we could walk in and beat Cortland. Well, Cortland has gotten a bit better and we got caught napping early and quickly bounced back to go up 3-2. I think they come out humming tomorrow and they always play up to and above Elmira.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdave View Post
            Thanks, but I heard that Penn State was weak. ASU has 3 teams: D 1, D 2 and D 3 tonight it is the D 1 team we shall see.
            I went to Penn State vs Army tonight. PSU won 5-0. After watching Oswego last week, I would have to say that Oswego would beat them by at least 8 goals. PSU was weak, they had a couple of guys that would be top line at Oswego. Their 3rd and 4th line probably wouldn't make the Oswego team. Defense was shakey at best. It was also the worst game that i have seen Army play in 20 years. If they played in the SUNYAC, they would probably come in 4th or 5th. Very well coached team, the talent just isn't there. Not surprising for a first year d1 team.

Comment

Took awhile, but here are the highlights:

WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Gosek post game interview on WTOP was honest, raw and to the point...guys put themselves ahead of team last night and Ed will not stand for it. Expect some lineup changes and ice time adjustments if the crap continues.
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                  Did anyone catch what the misconduct call at the end of the game was? There is no way the ref could have heard him say something being at opposite ends of the rink? And is he out for Elmira?
                  Rodrigues got flat out punched in the back of the head and he went down, but somehow got called for slashing. He started skating toward the other end of the rink near the ref and got hit with the misconduct.

I thought it was a very poorly officiated game. There were lots of icing calls that the refs let go and there were a few penalties on both sides that should have been called. Cortland's goalie could have been hit with a delay of game on two occasions. One when he took his mask off and threw it so he cold get a whistle.

Not a great game played by the lakers and it could have been much worse. Cortland gave them a run. I was surprised to see Hare pulled so quickly. Jones didn't look all that much better. Hare will most likely get the start again tonight, but if he ends up giving up a few quick goals again, it will be much harder to come back against Elmira.

Comment

Rumor where i was sitting is that Hare was feeling ill before the game. Goal tending last night was terrible!!! Neither Hare or Jones tracked the puck well at all, hopefully tonight is better.

Comment

So I'm trying to watch the WTOP live stream of tonight's Elmira game and I can't hear anything. Is anyone else having issues with the audio?

Comment

Originally posted by osuhockeyfan View Post
                        So I'm trying to watch the WTOP live stream of tonight's Elmira game and I can't hear anything. Is anyone else having issues with the audio?
                        It's fainter than what I'd like, but where is the volume control on the video stream!

Though it came through loud and clear when Singleton scored.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by osuhockeyfan View Post
                          turn up the stream volume - its there in the player, then adjust your computer volume and last your speaker volume - the levels have been low running through the new interface
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
                            Rumor where i was sitting is that Hare was feeling ill before the game. Goal tending last night was terrible!!! Neither Hare or Jones tracked the puck well at all, hopefully tonight is better.
                            Just before the second goal Hare toke one right in the mask I wonder if that was a little bit of the problem

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                            A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                            Arizona State Class of 1974
                            ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

The team that was out there tonight was amazing... offense, defense, goal tending - cannot find fault anywhere.Was great to see Hare come back after Friday night and play so aggressively. You know every game can't be like this... but if they avoid any serious injuries this team could be one to remember.

Comment

Puck bounced favorable all night. I haven't seen an Oswego team play that solid since the Johnson & Wales series a few years back. It's still very early, but it looks like it's going to be a fun year.
                                2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                                2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                                2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                                2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                                2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Working...
                                X