X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Laker Hockey 2012-2013....No Slogans, Just Hockey

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    There are lots of new followers in the Utica thread, like the new Adrian fans were a few years ago. That is odd considering that Utica started before Adrian, too
    they seem to be a informed bunch and really support there team, i think they will have a good yr this yr..

Comment

I want to also go off your comment of older Oswego fans flipping you off at the game last year. If it truly did happen I'm sure it was a 2-3 people max and not a whole section. There are a handful of fans who go too far that follow every team. But, I must say even at the fear of starting something the Pioneers fans are not very warm to opposing fans as a whole. A lot of the 'Wego fans have fun with ribbing opposing fans but the folks I encountered threw some unpleasantries at me in a very mean tone. I guess one reason for other venues to not serve alcohol at games.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
        Should of clarified, from where I AM driving from it is 99.6 miles, but whose counting.

I don't stay up to date on whose a fan of who, so my apologies there. I'm still confused how some people on here are Elmira AND Oswego fans, but hey it's a free country.

Contrary to the popular belief, not all of us are drunks or drink at the Utica home games, so that would not be a problem if the hockey gods allowed us to enter the NCAA tourny.
        as for me I played for both teams..as for the others hey the more the merrier....Bottom line, fun to watch good college hockey s0 why not follow as few teams if you can.

Comment

In other news and more important. LakerRanger will hopefully have one of his rousing videos up on here in the near future. Again I supplied him with the pictures but do to real life and a technical problem on my end things got put into place late. I know he will do a great job as always and actually does get you amped up for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerAlum09 View Post
            First off, Birdwatcher is a Cardinals fan hence his forum name.

Secondly, I hope you are joking/being sarcastic about the inability to bring in a flag and noisemakers. You should be able to enjoy the game without that stuff. I know it adds flavor but some people take the things too far and it gets very annoying and actually has a negative impact on the viewing of the game to the people around you when some goof is blowing on his vuvuzela constantly. You should be able to be loud and proud for your team without cowbells, whistles, air horns and whatever else you could think of bringing in.
            Nope, I was being as serious as a heart attack. Sure, fans go too far at their teams home games and away games, but c'mon, we can't bring our **** flag in? You've got to be kiddin' me, where is the harm? There is none. As for cowbells, alright they can be left at the door although I still don't see the harm in them, it's a **** bell.

It just seems you guys are trying to be so politically correct for lack of a better term with your home games and it's just my opinion when I say this, but you guys have to enjoy the game and loosen up a bit.

Yeah, it was around 10 old people or so give or take that gave us the finger, but whatever.

We got some nasty looks, chants and gestures thrown at us last year walking in with all our Utica gear on. But it's what makes the game that much more interesting, so I don't mind.
            Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
            Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
            Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
            2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
            2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
              Should of clarified, from where I AM driving from it is 99.6 miles, but whose counting.

I don't stay up to date on whose a fan of who, so my apologies there. I'm still confused how some people on here are Elmira AND Oswego fans, but hey it's a free country.

Contrary to the popular belief, not all of us are drunks or drink at the Utica home games, so that would not be a problem if the hockey gods allowed us to enter the NCAA tourny.

Did I say anything about drinking.....I was talking about the noisemakers ect......
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Did I say anything about drinking.....I was talking about the noisemakers ect......
                Well, that's what it came off as...

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                  Nope, I was being as serious as a heart attack. Sure, fans go too far at their teams home games and away games, but c'mon, we can't bring our **** flag in? You've got to be kiddin' me, where is the harm? There is none. As for cowbells, alright they can be left at the door although I still don't see the harm in them, it's a **** bell.

It just seems you guys are trying to be so politically correct for lack of a better term with your home games and it's just my opinion when I say this, but you guys have to enjoy the game and loosen up a bit.

Yeah, it was around 10 old people or so give or take that gave us the finger, but whatever.

We got some nasty looks, chants and gestures thrown at us last year walking in with all our Utica gear on. But it's what makes the game that much more interesting, so I don't mind.
                  I would hope prior to an opposing team bringing their team flag that Oswego would first be able to hang a flag of their own let alone use any type of noisemaker. With you having been to a game, you have seen the sterile environment lacking any opposing team banners let alone any school colors or logos to show that the Lakers play there, and have had a team in the past. With my pet peeve rant out of the way, you should make the trip up for an Oswego v Plattsburg game some year. It is an unbelievable college athletics environment with the place all in white, the noise, and the excitement you can feel once you walk in the building. And its great hockey.
                  2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                  2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                  2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                    Well, that's what it came off as...

Right........because in your rant to Birdwatcher you mentioned all about how Utica serves beer and everyone else followed up with it.....sorry for not keeping up.....
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                      I would hope prior to an opposing team bringing their team flag that Oswego would first be able to hang a flag of their own let alone use any type of noisemaker. With you having been to a game, you have seen the sterile environment lacking any opposing team banners let alone any school colors or logos to show that the Lakers play there, and have had a team in the past. With my pet peeve rant out of the way, you should make the trip up for an Oswego v Plattsburg game some year. It is an unbelievable college athletics environment with the place all in white, the noise, and the excitement you can feel once you walk in the building. And its great hockey.
                      Sounds like a great time, I would love to actually. It has be more electrifying than a New Jersey Devil/New York Ranger game in that building I bet. I guess just coming from a building where the rules are more lenient than others such as the Campus Centre, it's hard to adjust, even for one game.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Right........because in your rant to Birdwatcher you mentioned all about how Utica serves beer and everyone else followed up with it.....sorry for not keeping up.....
                        In the past when we've talked about the NCAA and Utica (Like last year when they didn't get in) we got to talking about how Utica serves Alcohol at their games and how it would not be permitted in the event the Pioneers had a home game in the tourny etc... That is why I thought you meant beer and not noisemakers.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                          And the little bottle of warmth didn't do any good either.
                          Ahhhh that brings back many a fond memory when I can remember them Peppermint schnapps, Blackberry brandy and when "one for the road" meant save enough for the walk back to the Lakeside dorms, Antifreeze ........ (the drinking age was 18 back then )
                          If you had good footwear and a walking buddy, you'd cut across the soccer field and take Baylis St. back. And hope someone had started a fire in the Fireplace in the Dorm Lounge. other wise you'd hope that there was still hot water in the showers and there was no party being held on the floor (the showers and bathtub was where the keg usually was) .

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                          A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                          Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                          Arizona State Class of 1974
                          ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                          Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdave View Post
                            Ahhhh that brings back many a fond memory when I can remember them Peppermint schnapps, Blackberry brandy and when "one for the road" meant save enough for the walk back to the Lakeside dorms, Antifreeze ........ (the drinking age was 18 back then )
                            If you had good footwear and a walking buddy, you'd cut across the soccer field and take Baylis St. back. And hope someone had started a fire in the Fireplace in the Dorm Lounge. other wise you'd hope that there was still hot water in the showers and there was no party being held on the floor (the showers and bathtub was where the keg usually was) .
                            ...a blackbery brandy filled wine-sack, strategically hung down the small of the back, under an oversized snorkel coat with plenty of sweatshirts and scarves usually survived the "Random Romney Pat-Down"...funny how they never patted down the locals - just the students...
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              ...a blackbery brandy filled wine-sack, strategically hung down the small of the back, under an oversized snorkel coat with plenty of sweatshirts and scarves usually survived the "Random Romney Pat-Down"...funny how they never patted down the locals - just the students...
                              imagine if one of your friends was on the team.....he could bring it in and leave it in a predetermined location............just sayin

Comment

• Gentlemen, the goods.

Hope you enjoy - its the big one!
                                "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                                this is for you."
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Working...
                                X