X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Laker Hockey 2012-2013....No Slogans, Just Hockey

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    You are sayin' what the rest of us are thinkin'
    Good players tend to gravitate to teams where roster spots are open. Oswego is going to have plenty of those open next year. With that said I think they need to win a couple of trophies this year meaning the Pathfinder and one or both of the SUNYAC and National Title. Players know they can go to Norwich, St. Norbert and Plattsburgh and win league and National Title's, they can't say the same about Oswego. If they can take home some hardware this year it will make Eddie's job of replacing their top talent a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
      Note to Laker fans: A quick look at the stats shows exactly 3 goals scored by non-seniors in the Oswego lineup!!! Conversely, the Cards have only 2 of their 23 goals scored BY seniors. Does Gosek have another giant recruiting year planned, or do we return to Cardinal domination of the Lakers???? Just sayin'.
      Norwich is the same boat.

19 goals....six of which have been scored by non-seniors.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Norwich is the same boat.

19 goals....six of which have been scored by non-seniors.
        In comparison: SNC....30 goals.....20 by non-seniors.
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I think there's a fine line between over-recruiting and "stocking up" as any successful coach will tell you. Amazing class Gosek brought in 4 years ago, augmented with the odd D-I transfer. A good mix of snipers and role players. Same thing in Norwich.
          The Cards have been trying to get by with smallish, quick guys with questionable closing skills, not the problem anymore. At least 5 or 6 high-end forwards and a couple of sturdy DMen. Certainly the Cards will thin out at the semester (Curry??), which helps solve the weekly dilema on who gets on the bus.
          Can Whitelaw, Moodie, Rodrgues, et al finish off their careers with some meaningful hardware?? Could be a while if this group doesn't get it done this year.

Comment

Laker seniors are on a mission...to get to the big dance all four years and win the last one...as long as they win their final game of the season, no one will remember or care if they won the Pathfinder or the SUNYAC...
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I think a huge advantage for this year's recruiting is the fact the playing time is wide open for next. Many players at the "non-powerhouse" schools are there because they don't want to have to wait their turn trying to beat out an established NCAA player. Brockport's Freshman goalie Lockhurst is a great example of a player who I think would compete for a starting job at a "powerhouse" school and is somewhat guaranted an immediate starter by attending Brockport. Oswego's class next year will be loaded with studs who would normally have gone to some of the schools mentioned in posts prior to this due to the open roster. And that would be reloading year, not a rebuilding year.
              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

• Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                I think a huge advantage for this year's recruiting is the fact the playing time is wide open for next. Many players at the "non-powerhouse" schools are there because they don't want to have to wait their turn trying to beat out an established NCAA player. Brockport's Freshman goalie Lockhurst is a great example of a player who I think would compete for a starting job at a "powerhouse" school and is somewhat guaranted an immediate starter by attending Brockport. Oswego's class next year will be loaded with studs who would normally have gone to some of the schools mentioned in posts prior to this due to the open roster. And that would be reloading year, not a rebuilding year.
                With little to no FA...good luck with that.......

There's a lot of pressure on OSU this year, especially the SR class...and we all know how they handle pressure.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I said if b4 in a few posts,not sure what is going to be more interesting this yrs team or the recruiting/roster next yr, lets hope this yr we can close and deal with the roster for next yr at a later time...ps as /earlier post as /USCHO SUNYAC column, Oz has 1 recruit committed, JJHart,Dman from the CCHL Kanata Stallions, 6 2" 200lbs...and begin.......
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                    But how much will the loss of the $12K-per-year International Student Aid Grant effect how many Canadians Oswego will be able to pull in?

The success, the rink, and the location will certainly still be a solid sell...But in the end, money talks and instead of paying "X" per year to go to Oswego now hockey players will have to pat "X+12K more" which might put the money it costs to attend closer to private schools.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

But how much will the loss of the $12K-per-year International Student Aid Grant effect how many Canadians Oswego will be able to pull in?

The success, the rink, and the location will certainly still be a solid sell...But in the end, money talks and instead of paying "X" per year to go to Oswego now hockey players will have to pat "X+12K more" which might put the money it costs to attend closer to private schools.
                      Clearly, you have yet to send a kid to college - aprox annual retail price - Oswego "out of state:" $15,000....Elmira $49.950....Norwich $47,000....St Norbert $39,000...Middlebury $55,550
                      LakerEagleLover

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        Clearly, you have yet to send a kid to college - aprox annual retail price - Oswego "out of state:" $15,000....Elmira $49.950....Norwich $47,000....St Norbert $39,000...Middlebury $55,550
                        Here we go again....*rolls eyes*
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

So you're saying Canadians were going to Oswego for 3k a year?
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

So you're saying Canadians were going to Oswego for 3k a year?
                            No, I don't think so...the out of state tuition and fees is roughly $8,700...the room and board fees are roughly $6,300 which gets you to aprox $15,000... It was a room and board credit, from what I recall - where did you get your $12k number?

Still a long way to $47k, $49k, $55k....
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

No, I don't think so...the out of state tuition and fees is roughly $8,700...the room and board fees are roughly $6,300 which gets you to aprox $15,000... It was a room and board credit, from what I recall - where did you get your $12k number?

Still a long way to $47k, $49k, $55k....
                              Said right on the website international student grant 12k per year worth 48k over four years.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Don't forget we were in the same dilemma 4 years ago with 12/13 seniors and coach Gosek came up with this class. I am sure that we will see some transfers this December to help off set losing 14 players. Honestly this season is just getting started and we are worrying about next year....Shame on us.

Comment

Working...
                                X