St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Brief history: Three crappy seasons in a row--killed by the Gophers in the first two games of this season, go to Bemidji and sweep 3-1 and 1-0. Freshman goalie gives up one and sophomore goalie gets the shutout.

Huskies don't have a home game until November, so eye witness accounts are put on hold until that time. Any comments from other Husky fans, those that have more knowledge, or Wisconsin fans are invited to share. . .

Re: St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

For starters, you've only had two crappy seasons, but they were bad enough that I imagine they seemed like three.

As for your last sentence, I'm not sure why you are inviting Wisconsin fans to comment -- your team doesn't go to Madison until the end of November. Surely you can make one of the six home games before then?

I'm going to comment, even though I'm not a Wisconsin fan, I certainly don't have more knowledge, so I guess that makes me a Husky fan. At least I've seen your team, I mean OUR team, play a couple of games. I thought they looked better than the scores in Minneapolis. Basically, SCSU got torn up by the Gophers PP, which was clicking well and produced 6 of the goals. At least the Huskies scored, which is more than the two ECAC opponents did. And the freshman goalie played well.

I hope to make it to the second Lindenwood game so that I can watch my new team light up the NHC scoreboard. Maybe there will even be a sighting of The Boomer, although I'm starting to suspect I may have to go to watch the Husky men for that to happen.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I hope to make it to the second Lindenwood game so that I can watch my new team light up the NHC scoreboard. Maybe there will even be a sighting of The Boomer, although I'm starting to suspect I may have to go to watch the Husky men for that to happen.
      I'm surprised there wasn't a sighting of The Boomer at Ridder Arena a couple of weekends ago, given that the Husky men weren't playing yet.

Also, Boomer forgot the second and third "HUSKIES!!" from this thread title.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

*sigh* Alas, ARM missed my attempt at humor. "...those that have more knowledge, or Wisconsin fans are invited to share."
        The slam intended was that Wisco fans would be opposite of those that have knowledge. One would think a Gopher fan would get the whack at our Bucky Buddies.

Rest assured, the Boomer will be at the Londonwoods games with at least two of his three friends!!

CrazyDave: I believe the series at Ridder was during a couple of the fine golf weather days we had. As a true "fair weather" fan, nice golf days trump Women's Husky Hockey. (Hope I don't get sent to Hell for the last comment.)

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
          *sigh* Alas, ARM missed my attempt at humor.
          A profound sadness settled over me as I realized that I had failed and proved myself unworthy of being a Husky fan, because if there is one quality that requires, it is a great sense of humor.

As a true "fair weather" fan, nice golf days trump Women's Husky Hockey.
          Luckily for SCSU, there just aren't that many nice golf days from November thru February in Minnesota. And any year that the Husky women are playing in March, I hope you can find time in your busy life.

But enough about fans -- how about some uninformed smack on how SCSU is going to wreak havoc in Grand Forks?

Comment

Freshman Goaltender Katie Fitzgerald was named WCHA Rookie of the Week following her 34-save effort at Bemidji State last weekend!
            http://www.wcha.com/women/pres1213/201210/oct17wpw.php

Contgrats to Katie and the rest of the Huskies.

Should be some good hockey this weekend in Grand Forks, better than most folks expect.
            ______// o \\______

Comment

Originally posted by joxs View Post
              Should be some good hockey this weekend in Grand Forks, better than most folks expect.
              I agree. I don't know that SCSU is going to go on any 10-game winning streaks, but I think they'll be a tough opponent week in and week out.

Comment

Obviously, the SCSU Huskies have turned the corner. With two stellar goaltenders and new-found rookie scoring talent, the Huskies should sweep in a cakewalk!

BTW What in the world is a "cakewalk?"

Comment

BTW What in the world is a "cakewalk?"
                  According to this source:

cakewalk (ˈkeɪkˌwɔːk)

— n
                  1. a dance based on a march with intricate steps, originally performed by African-Americans with the prize of a cake for the best performers
                  2. a piece of music composed for this dance
                  3. informal an easily accomplished task

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    According to this source:

cakewalk (ˈkeɪkˌwɔːk)

— n
                    1. a dance based on a march with intricate steps, originally performed by African-Americans with the prize of a cake for the best performers
                    2. a piece of music composed for this dance
                    3. informal an easily accomplished task
                    I'll take #3.

Comment

Any SCSU fans and family coming to Providence make sure you come up to the Friar Room in the Arena before the game and between periods we had a lot of fun meeting the BSU fans in early October. Providence is a great town - world class Italian food on Federal Hill call ahead and make a reservation for Friday or Saturday night.

Comment

Thanks for the invite! While I will not be there, hope some parents/fans take advantage of your hospitality.

Hockey note: I think I read something about former Olympian John Harrington helping out with the Huskies. This would be a good deal for the team.

Comment

The SCSU Huskies got to Providence just before Hurricane Sandy--doing a lot less damage, I might add. Huskies tie and lose 4-2.

Of course the bad news is: the team is stranded in Rhode Island. Bus it back? Well, no. Too windy, too many blizzards to go through and no "high profile" vehicles like buses allowed on the highway. Tentative flight for late Thursday, but because of the intensity and largeness of the storm, nothing is yet certain. They MAY switch home dates (AT OSU Jan. 18-19 would become SCSU home games, this weekend at OSU, but how would they get to Ohio? Or the series MAY be switched to Sat./Sun. instead of Fri./Sat.

New SCSU athletic director Heather Weems certainly has her hands full this week. (I told her the women's hockey program would be a pain in the *** sooner or later!!)

Comment

Boomer it was good to connect with the many fans who made the trip - even some fans came down from Boston just to watch the Roseau crew! Sorry to hear that the Team and some fans were caught in Sandy. PC closed down classes on Monday and Tuesday but reopening on Wednesday so normal is returning.

Thanks for the invite! While I will not be there, hope some parents/fans take advantage of your hospitality.

Hockey note: I think I read something about former Olympian John Harrington helping out with the Huskies. This would be a good deal for the team.

Comment

Bus it back? Well, no. Too windy, too many blizzards to go through and no "high profile" vehicles like buses allowed on the highway.
                              While I don't condone taking undue risks to travel, the winds have subsided substantially, and the I-90 is clear sailing from Boston all the way to the NY/PA border between Buffalo and Erie. Day and night between yesterday and today. The Snow you are referring to is much further south, in Virginia. Here north of the border, we had a pile of wind, but the rain that was expected here died down in the Adirondacks last night, so we did not get any. In addition, we are in the Warm sector, and it is a balmy 62 degrees here, very warm for this time of year.

Best wishes to all those caught up in this mess. Our D is one of them, as she goes to one of the schools on the Eastern Seaboard. Their schools classes are shut down at the moment, but all are safe otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X