Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Hey UW fans...on a better note... I mentioned in the scoring thread that I have the 1992 title game (meltdown vs. LSSU) on dvd and one poster asked if I could send a copy of it. if I'm going to make a copy for one poster I'm going to offer that up here as well

here's what I've got on dvd
    1992 NCAA Title game vs. LSSU
    2006 Semi-final vs. Maine
    2006 Final vs. BC

I had 1990 but apparently it got lost in my move back from Chicago...gd it!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Hey UW fans...on a better note... I mentioned in the scoring thread that I have the 1992 title game (meltdown vs. LSSU) on dvd and one poster asked if I could send a copy of it. if I'm going to make a copy for one poster I'm going to offer that up here as well

here's what I've got on dvd
      1992 NCAA Title game vs. LSSU
      2006 Semi-final vs. Maine
      2006 Final vs. BC

I had 1990 but apparently it got lost in my move back from Chicago...gd it!
      That would be cool. I wonder if you could post 'em on Dropbox or something. Files might be too big...

Let me know how much you need for a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
        That would be cool. I wonder if you could post 'em on Dropbox or something. Files might be too big...

Let me know how much you need for a copy.
        I'll check into dropbox, but honestly since I'm tech-challenged finding a way to burn em and mail em might be easier. I have several in-season games from the 90's but that's for another time, they've not been transferred to dvd yet.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

1-7-2

and @ Denver next. this could get VERY ugly before it's over

Eaves better hold himself to the same standards that has had him run 1/2 dozen players off the team. No excuses. Acknowledge the **** poor effort, the lousy talent, etc., etc., etc.,

Nic Kerdiles - just go out and have fun next week, it's all you can do, you can't put the entire team of grinders on your shoulders and take them over the line to the NCAA's, Dany friggin Heatley couldn't do it either if he came in right now. So just go out and have fun and forget about the record. You'll feel better about it all
          Thats all thats left for Kerdiles, and then at seasons end run off to the nhl because there could be a major transition coming you won't want to be part of

Comment

I posted before that I felt the main issue was that the number of grinders compared to goal scorers was significantly trending in the wrong direction. I'd like to add that the lack of puck moving defenseman is becoming an increasing concern.

They've got a lot of guys who are solid in their own end, but besides McCabe, they don't have anyone who can push the play or threaten the other team on the offensive end. You knew Schultz's loss would be huge, but it looks catastrophic.

Comment

Interesting note...I've mentioned some UW hockey dvd's I have and I'm now going through old VHS tapes before I get rid of them and I have several UW games on these tapes. I'm going to digitize them for posterity...

I just watched 1/2 of a UW vs. Nodak game in Sauer's final season in which UW won, coming from behind after being down 4-1, 5-2, 6-2 and won 7-6...the cupboard wasn't as bare as I had once thought...emotions of course probably got in the way of judgment for a lot of us at that time, but Boesser had some talent, Bourque was very solid and Leavitt had great skill, I had forgotten that.

Alex Leavitt scored two goals and was the most creative player on the ice that entire game, much better than Rene Bourque even...it *almost* makes me wonder what would have happened if Eaves could have just let that kid play and be creative instead of stifling the hell out of him and forcing him out. I'd like to digitize the last 25-30mins of that game and post on youtube if I could do that legally. the kid was like Robbie Earl but even more shifty...like the little BC forwards of the last 10 years or so...

Comment

Interesting note...I've mentioned some UW hockey dvd's I have and I'm now going through old VHS tapes before I get rid of them and I have several UW games on these tapes. I'm going to digitize them for posterity...

I just watched 1/2 of a UW vs. Nodak game in Sauer's final season in which UW won, coming from behind after being down 4-1, 5-2, 6-2 and won 7-6...the cupboard wasn't as bare as I had once thought...emotions of course probably got in the way of judgment for a lot of us at that time, but Boesser had some talent, Bourque was very solid and Leavitt had great skill, I had forgotten that.

Alex Leavitt scored two goals and was the most creative player on the ice that entire game, much better than Rene Bourque even...it *almost* makes me wonder what would have happened if Eaves could have just let that kid play and be creative instead of stifling the hell out of him and forcing him out. I'd like to digitize the last 25-30mins of that game and post on youtube if I could do that legally. the kid was like Robbie Earl but even more shifty...like the little BC forwards of the last 10 years or so...
                I was at that game. As a Sioux fan, of course, I was feeling pretty cocky, but once the Badgers got to within 2, you just knew they were going to win it. The crowd was going nuts and really energized the Badguys.

I know I've brought this series up before on this site, but that weekend in January 2000 when the Sioux came to Madison was very speciaL too, and I've been thinking of those games sometimes when I've read this thread. Sauer and Blais reportedly (their account) exchanged a look Friday night before the puck dropped because they both recognized how electric the crowd was. The Sioux and Badgers were tied for first place, I think. Heatley was tearing up the league, and Jeff Panzer was doing his thing for the Sioux. Turns out those two games delivered big time, with two sudden death and near identical finishes. Leaving the Herb on Firday night after what should have been a very disappointing loss, I remember feeling like that was one of the best and most exciting games I'd ever seen. The hockey was up-and-down, the crowd was intense but having fun, and the ending was suspenseful and joyous for the home crowd. College hockey at its best at a great venue.

So, I'm thinking of those games when I'm reading how down Badger fans feel about Badger hockey. Thinking too how they need to get it going again.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I was at that game. As a Sioux fan, of course, I was feeling pretty cocky, but once the Badgers got to within 2, you just knew they were going to win it. The crowd was going nuts and really energized the Badguys.

I know I've brought this series up before on this site, but that weekend in January 2000 when the Sioux came to Madison was very speciaL too, and I've been thinking of those games sometimes when I've read this thread. Sauer and Blais reportedly (their account) exchanged a look Friday night before the puck dropped because they both recognized how electric the crowd was. The Sioux and Badgers were tied for first place, I think. Heatley was tearing up the league, and Jeff Panzer was doing his thing for the Sioux. Turns out those two games delivered big time, with two sudden death and near identical finishes. Leaving the Herb on Firday night after what should have been a very disappointing loss, I remember feeling like that was one of the best and most exciting games I'd ever seen. The hockey was up-and-down, the crowd was intense but having fun, and the ending was suspenseful and joyous for the home crowd. College hockey at its best at a great venue.

So, I'm thinking of those games when I'm reading how down Badger fans feel about Badger hockey. Thinking too how they need to get it going again.
                  to be honest, I'd forgotten that 7-6 game but it was good to see the end now to give me perspective...

I couldn't describe it better Burd re: the 2000 games, you are referring to the Hukalo weekend where UW and Nodak just went at it hammer and tong for 120+ minutes and with all the great players Nodak had (Hoogsteenx2, Panzerx2) and Heatley and Rhino on UW it came down to OT each night and the diminutive Hukalo benefited greatly by being paired w/Heater and Rhino.

I was at that saturday night game. an amazing weekend for the rivalry and as such a testament (imo) as to why we need Nodak, UW and MN to be in the top 10 annually. If the result was Nodak winning on a panzer or hoogsteen goal each night I would have felt bad as a fan of UW but would have sincerely acknowledged 2 well-played hockey games against a fierce rival and would still be holding those memories the same as I do a bitter 3-2 loss to Minnesota in Madison where the teams were evenly matched somewhere between 90-92 and I recall Derksen making a save and coming out of his net to show the minnesota/rat player the puck and skating behind the next behind him yelling at him...

joyous times these rivalries!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    I posted before that I felt the main issue was that the number of grinders compared to goal scorers was significantly trending in the wrong direction. I'd like to add that the lack of puck moving defenseman is becoming an increasing concern.

They've got a lot of guys who are solid in their own end, but besides McCabe, they don't have anyone who can push the play or threaten the other team on the offensive end. You knew Schultz's loss would be huge, but it looks catastrophic.
                    I was thinking about this also in the last 24 hrs. I wanted to look at the cummulative season stats, but they are not up on the UWBADgers site, just the game summeries are. This is very annoying.

I have a ton of 90's games on DVD (including the 1990 championship game and the 1992 semi vs Mechigan), but I have no idea how to digitize them. And even if I knew how to, I'm not sure I have the time. But maybe I'll look into it as I'd like to also digitize my Iron Chef and F1/Indy collections.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Alex Leavitt scored two goals and was the most creative player on the ice that entire game, much better than Rene Bourque even...it *almost* makes me wonder what would have happened if Eaves could have just let that kid play and be creative instead of stifling the hell oJut of him and forcing him out. I'd like to digitize the last 25-30mins of that game and post on youtube if I could do that legally. the kid was like Robbie Earl but even more shifty...like the little BC forwards of the last 10 years or so...
                      Attitude, as much as talent was a major issue with the late Sauer years. The cupboard looked particularly bare attempting to run Eaves system, much like this current team. Difference is Eaves inherited that team, he recruited this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        Attitude, as much as talent was a major issue with the late Sauer years. The cupboard looked particularly bare attempting to run Eaves system, much like this current team. Difference is Eaves inherited that team, he recruited this one.
                        On a bright note, you will be playing easier competition next year in the Big 10. Maybe Barry saw this coming..haha

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

I was there to as a Bucky fan. That one against NoDak and the Robbie Earl Hat Trick OT winner game were the 2 best I have seen at the KOHL. Sitting there last night makes me very sad what this program has been reduced to.

Comment

I was in Louisiana the last two weekends and am rather happy I didn't have to actually endure any Badger Hockey. Rough.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I was thinking about this also in the last 24 hrs. I wanted to look at the cummulative season stats, but they are not up on the UWBADgers site, just the game summeries are. This is very annoying.

I have a ton of 90's games on DVD (including the 1990 championship game and the 1992 semi vs Mechigan), but I have no idea how to digitize them. And even if I knew how to, I'm not sure I have the time. But maybe I'll look into it as I'd like to also digitize my Iron Chef and F1/Indy collections.
                              I think I found a small company in Madison that will digitize from VHS to DVD, I'm asking about it today and will let you know.

Comment

I think I found a small company in Madison that will digitize from VHS to DVD, I'm asking about it today and will let you know.
                                Here's an item at BestBuy that does the same thing.

A friend and I have copies of almost all of the title games, along with both regionals in 2006 (That Cornell 3-OT game still gives me goose bumps to think about. Glad I was there... and glad my wife kept the DVR running to record the whole thing.)
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X