PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013: NCAA Weekly Pick'em

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42

Osorojo
04-08-2013, 02:36 PM
But you would have failed miserably during the regular season and would be one of the lowest point getters on our leaderboard. Your correct pick % would be slightly lower than 20% overall.

Nice System. :p:D:D

My system is only designed for playoff hockey - preliminary and final rounds. Probably other systems involving draft picks and early departures are better at predicting the outcomes of games that don't count much.

darker98
04-08-2013, 04:09 PM
My system is only designed for playoff hockey - preliminary and final rounds. Probably other systems involving draft picks and early departures are better at predicting the outcomes of games that don't count much.
********** Moron!

Fighting Sioux 23
04-08-2013, 04:21 PM

How does your system predict based on early departures? Can you see into the future? If so, why not just look into the future and see the results?

Historically, your "system" is correct at a rate around 12%. Awesome system. :p:D:D

UncleRay
04-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Hmmmm. I've been needing a system for playoff hockey - the one I've had for the regular season ain't working so good!

Fighting Sioux 23
04-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Hmmmm. I've been needing a system for playoff hockey - the one I've had for the regular season ain't working so good!

All you need to do is look into the future to gather what players will be early departures. Add that number to the number of NHL draft picks. You do that for each of the four teams. Whatever team has the lowest number, you pick them. It's Osorojo's tried and true system. 12% of the time, it works every time. :p:D:D

Osorojo
04-09-2013, 12:46 PM
All you need to do is look into the future to gather what players will be early departures. Add that number to the number of NHL draft picks. You do that for each of the four teams. Whatever team has the lowest number, you pick them. It's Osorojo's tried and true system. 12% of the time, it works every time. :p:D:D

It's my system an I'm sticking with it - unless you have a better one? I don't know how much serious sports fans [gamblers] hazard in cash (versus talk), but my system wallops the bejabbers out of any other way of predicting this year's NCAA DI college hockey tournament results. You might have turned a tidy profit by using it rather than clinging to crusty prejudices and forlorn hopes.
You still have the opportunity to bet on the remaining team from the "best" conference and with the most and the highest draft picks. Bon Chance.
BTW: No ESP foresight is necessary. It's very simple. The teams with the most and highest draft picks will have the most early departures. Think about it.

Siouxfaninseattle
04-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Semifinals:
Lowell vs. Yale - Lowell
Total Goals - 5

SCSU vs. Quinnipiac - Quinnipiac
Total Goals - 6

National Champion - Lowell
Total Goals - 5

Sigh....

UncleRay
04-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Not sure why I'm bothering, but:

Semifinals:
Lowell vs. Yale - Ylae
Total Goals - 6

SCSU vs. Quinnipiac - SCSU
Total Goals - 7

National Champion - SCSU
Total Goals - 6

Fighting Sioux 23
04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
It's my system an I'm sticking with it - unless you have a better one? I don't know how much serious sports fans [gamblers] hazard in cash (versus talk), but my system wallops the bejabbers out of any other way of predicting this year's NCAA DI college hockey tournament results. You might have turned a tidy profit by using it rather than clinging to crusty prejudices and forlorn hopes.
You still have the opportunity to bet on the remaining team from the "best" conference and with the most and the highest draft picks. Bon Chance.
BTW: No ESP foresight is necessary. It's very simple. The teams with the most and highest draft picks will have the most early departures. Think about it.

12%. We'll see if that goes up to 12.1% after this weekend. :p:D:D

Of course, that means that historically 88% of the time the team with more/higher drafted players and early departures wins.

Now, I didn't go to a cow college like Cornell, but I believe 88% is higher than 12%.

Fighting Sioux 23
04-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Semifinals:
Lowell vs. Yale - Lowell
Total Goals - 5

SCSU vs. Quinnipiac - Quinnipiac
Total Goals - 6

Total Goals - 5

Sigh....

**** you! :p:D:D

I had to change my picks to have a chance.

PcFriars13
04-11-2013, 03:39 PM
SORRY!

Semifinals:
Lowell vs. Yale - UML
Total Goals - 3

Total Goals - 6

National Champion - UML
Total Goals - 4

darker98
04-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Semifinals:
Lowell vs. Yale - Lowell
Total Goals - 7

SCSU vs. Quinnipiac - Jan
Total Goals - 7

Total Goals - 6
Minus 2 goals and possible bracket buster. Unc is better at predicting kicking my arse. :D

darker98
04-11-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm screwed!

Osorojo
04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Dang! My fewest draft pick system finally lost a playoff pick. Yale, with four draft picks, beat U.M. Lowell, with three draft picks. In defense of my system it predicted Yale (3 picks) was a sure thing against Minnesota (15 picks), and U.M. Lowell (3 picks) was a sure thing against Wisconsin (9 picks).
I have revised my system: in order to be a sure thing a team must have at least three times fewer NHL draft picks on its roster than the opponent. That makes SCSU with five picks versus Qpac with three choices a pick-em. Predictably (with my system) none of the Frozen four have more than five draft picks on their roster. Where did they all go, and why?

Siouxfaninseattle
04-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Not sure why I'm bothering, but:

Semifinals:
Lowell vs. Yale - Ylae
Total Goals - 6

Total Goals - 7

National Champion - SCSU
Total Goals - 6

Ylae? Hahahah....what? Oh, never mind

Fighting Sioux 23
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Dang! My fewest draft pick system finally lost a playoff pick. Yale, with four draft picks, beat U.M. Lowell, with three draft picks. In defense of my system it predicted Yale (3 picks) was a sure thing against Minnesota (15 picks), and U.M. Lowell (3 picks) was a sure thing against Wisconsin (9 picks).
I have revised my system: in order to be a sure thing a team must have at least three times fewer NHL draft picks on its roster than the opponent. That makes SCSU with five picks versus Qpac with three choices a pick-em. Predictably (with my system) none of the Frozen four have more than five draft picks on their roster. Where did they all go, and why?

How many draft picks did Niagara have?

UncleRay
04-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Ylae? Hahahah....what? Oh, never mindAnd the only reason I took 6 goals instead of the 5 I wanted was because that hack all bear had Yale with 5. :mad: I was hoping for a goal and an empty-netter at the end, but...

UncleRay
04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
But I went off my system of doing the opposite of what everyone else was doing - what made sense - and took Jan. They're down by two early. :mad::mad: Arrrgh! I coulda cleaned house!

all bear
04-11-2013, 08:13 PM
And the only reason I took 6 goals instead of the 5 I wanted was because that hack all bear had Yale with 5. :mad: I was hoping for a goal and an empty-netter at the end, but...

Whoz ur daddee ?? :D

siouxinminny
04-11-2013, 08:22 PM
I predicted before the season started that Yale would play Quinnipiac for the national title. I did. Don't believe what the Republicans are saying.

Barack H. Obama