X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northhockey View Post
    Per Idalski's Twitter:

8:37 AM - 26 Apr 13
    "Signed NLI from Best Forward in the 2013 recruiting class!! Excited for next season #UNDpride" ........
    Who's that?

Comment

• Re: WCHA Thread IV

NHC renovation in St. Cloud. Exterior already looks better. That's an op-ed.

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

The new WCHA...over there, on the men's side:

http://www.wcha.com/men/index.php

Liking the new website design.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

New asst. coach for the Mavericks:

http://www.msumavericks.com/news/201...618130937.aspx
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

The 2013-2014 Maverick roster:

http://www.msumavericks.com/roster.aspx?path=whockey

Ponies!
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              The 2013-2014 Maverick roster:

http://www.msumavericks.com/roster.aspx?path=whockey

Ponies!
              Lauren Kirwan, late of UNH is a transfer. It will be interesting to see how she does. She has a very quick release on her shot, and saw some time on the blue line on the PP, but otherwise saw limited action.
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                Lauren Kirwan, late of UNH is a transfer. It will be interesting to see how she does. She has a very quick release on her shot, and saw some time on the blue line on the PP, but otherwise saw limited action.
                Mavs have needed some scoring punch for awhile now. Good if she can help them in that regard. I suspect she'll get more ice time in Mankato. No doubt what she's looking for.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Some discussion of scoring potential for the 2013-2014 Minnesota Gophers recently. On that note, the Whioux have posted their 2013-2014 roster...less the freshman class at this point.

http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect...03&SPSID=58669

North Dakota
                  Kayla Gardner ..................F ..........................(Warroad) ..................................Warroad, MN
                  Gracen Hirschy ................D ............. (USA 18s/Team Pittsburgh) ....................Fort Wayne, IN
                  Halli Kryzaniak .................D .....................(CAN 18s/Pursuit) ............................Neepawa, MB
                  Lisa Marvin ......................F ..........................(Warroad) .................................Warroad, MN
                  Amy Menke .....................F ....................(USA 18s/Shakopee) .........................Shakopee, MN
                  Lexie Shaw .....................G ..................(USA 18s/Honeybaked) ...............................Troy, MI
                  The Whioux lost major production upon the departure of Mo & Jo obviously. Losses to graduation, the Olympics among WCHA conference traditional top half contenders considered...seems like the Whioux should still have potential for comparatively potent offense among those conference top half contenders, I believe.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

For those whioux may have missed it (as I did) I quote MinnesotaNorthStar from another web site (Gopher Puck Live ...)-

"I'll try to explain it to you. Our nickname at the University of North Dakota used to be the Fighting Sioux, in reference to a native american tribe located in the state of North Dakota. The NC$$ decided to be not very nice and impose certain sanctions against the University for having such a great, unique nickname; therefore, the University retired the nickname, leaving us without one for the next 3 years. The word "Who" is commonly used to begin a question when you don't know someone's identity. Being that "who" and "Sioux" rhyme, many Gopher fans have chosen to refer to our athletic teams as "Who", but with an altered spelling closely resembling that of our former nickname. The Alabama chant by the fans against Notre Dame was in reference to a football game, due to the desire of Gopher fans to be like those from Wisconsin by bringing up football at a hockey game."

Comment

so are the Exhibition games the Russian Olympic team play at UMD considered official or unofficial campus visits?

maybe someone who understands Russian can let the rest of us know which players Miller is interested in
                      http://fhr.ru/main/
                      http://www.whockey.ru/
                      Last edited by pokechecker; 09-03-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Looks like the Russian team will also be playing Bemidji

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        Some discussion of scoring potential for the 2013-2014 Minnesota Gophers recently.The Whioux lost major production upon the departure of Mo & Jo obviously. Losses to graduation, the Olympics among WCHA conference traditional top half contenders considered...seems like the Whioux should still have potential for comparatively potent offense among those conference top half contenders, I believe.
                        It doesn’t look to me like this year will be any different than last year as far as the standings go
                        Maybe Ohio State & UMD will trade places, maybe Bemidji & St. Cloud
                        And UND ahead of UW

But otherwise I don’t see anychange unless injury rears its ugly head
                        I know some people think UM has lost a lot to graduation and the Olympics
                        But so has UND & UW
                        Here is the returning goal production by the top 3 teams:
                        MN=119
                        ND=74
                        W=53
                        MN returns more goals than W scored last year, in fact more than anybody except ND

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post

It doesn’t look to me like this year will be any different than last year as far as the standings go
                          And UND ahead of UW

But so has UND & UW
                          MN=119
                          ND=74
                          W=53
                          MN returns more goals than W scored last year, in fact more than anybody except ND

Goal production will be lower in the WCHA next year.

Comment

And UND ahead of UW

But so has UND & UW
                            MN=119
                            ND=74
                            W=53
                            I think there will be enough questions to be answered for all teams. Minnesota is the favorite until proven not. I think the Gopher goal production is skewed a little with the loss of Bozek (created a lot of goal opportunities that dont show up on score sheet) that and the drop off with Brandt late in the year. Not foolish enough to count her out however. Other than Camerenesi not to high on recruites then in past years. UND no doubt will need to find scoring but will much better defensivly..much better. Wisconsin will be better. Johnson is still the class of the field and continues to develop players. Rigsby has alot to prove...not that she has to.

Comment

Originally posted by frozenfeet View Post
                              I think there will be enough questions to be answered for all teams. Minnesota is the favorite until proven not. I think the Gopher goal production is skewed a little with the loss of Bozek (created a lot of goal opportunities that dont show up on score sheet) that and the drop off with Brandt late in the year. Not foolish enough to count her out however. Other than Camerenesi not to high on recruites then in past years. UND no doubt will need to find scoring but will much better defensivly..much better. Wisconsin will be better. Johnson is still the class of the field and continues to develop players. Rigsby has alot to prove...not that she has to.
                              when you start off the year with 2 hat tricks, it is going to be tough to do the same at the last 2, especially when they are the NCAA semi, and championship games
                              Brandt scored a goal in each of the last 3 games of the season against the 3 best teams
                              plus, along with Menefee, was named to the WCHA all tournament team with an ailing/missing Kessel which should answer what they will do without Kessel this year

sure Cameranesi is the obvious freshman, but the others are also talented
                              Schipper, for example, really lit it up at the 2013 IHF U-18 worlds
                              this is an excellent freshmen class, could be as good as the Kessel-Terry-Davis-Gillanders-Brausen class (talking about the actual freshmen year) who, IMO, probably the best they've had

if you look at returning assists, MN would look even better

ND also has a nice freshmen class, I doubt they will have problems scoring , certainly not like UW will
                              and ND really improved a lot on D over the last 1/2, their goalie Amsley-Benzie has to be, IMO, second only to Rigsby

speaking of which, if UW makes it to the NCAA, could break the career win record, I think she needs 27 or so wins, certainly doable, but they need to score goals

Comment

MN=119
                                ND=74
                                W=53
                                Are you including Brittany Ammerman who redshirted last year due to injury? She scored 13 and a fr and 13 as so.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X