This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Thread IV

It's the Huskies' turn to score twice in the same minute and SCSU is back up on BSU 3-2.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      The Beavers score twice in 31 seconds to take a 2-1 lead in the 3rd period in St. Cloud.

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      It's the Huskies' turn to score twice in the same minute and SCSU is back up on BSU 3-2.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Tack on an empty-netter... Huskies win 4-2.
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

North Dakota's Meghan Dufault topped Lindenwood by herself, scoring 4 times and adding 2 assists for a 6-point night. Her teammates added 3 more goals as UND defeated the Lions by a score of 7-3. Box score

And in exhibition action, Wisconsin shut out a short-staffed Minnesota Whitecaps team, 4-0. Box score

Comment

From live stats...looks as though the Beavers are up 2-0 after two in St. Cloud. The EE fan club should be happy...the Allie Deullman fan club as well.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              From live stats...looks as though the Beavers are up 2-0 after two in St. Cloud. The EE fan club should be happy...the Allie Deullman fan club as well.
              That ended up being the final. Jessica Havel had a 21-save shutout.

Lindenwood outscored UND 3-1 in the third period... too bad they were trailing 7-1 after the first two. North Dakota wins, 8-4, with a 54-28 shot advantage. JLam tried to copy Meghan Dufault's performance from Friday, coming up an assist short but still lighting the lamp 4 times and adding an assist. Jordan Slavin scored twice on the power play, and Josefine Jakobsen had a goal and 3 assists. For the Lions, Allysson Archibal and Alyssa West each had a goal and an assist.

Comment

For anyone interested, the Unofficial Three Stars for today's OSU Intrasquad Game and Skills Contest are now available. They appear on the OSU team thread. Didn't seem right to use the league thread when there was no visiting team and were no WCHA officials.

Comment

http://www.wcha.com/women/index.php

Coming up, a full conference slate:

Minnesota State @ Bemidji State

St. Cloud State @ Minnesota-Duluth

North Dakota @ Minnesota

Ohio State @ Wisconsin
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    Beavers and Huskies in a WCHA series in St. Cloud this weekend.

Beavers and Huskies could both use 6 points. I'll go with 3 apiece.
                    Nice call, brooky! Now please tell me the Gophers will pick up right where they left off, and SWEEP the Whioux at home!
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Nice call, brooky! Now please tell me the Gophers will pick up right where they left off, and SWEEP the Whioux at home!
                      That's the call I'm making for the Gophers 2nd half launch... I do anticipate a much tougher series than the first go 'round in Grand Forks.

Minnesota State @ Bemidji State: Beavers could use 6 at home. 3 apiece again.

St. Cloud State @ Minnesota-Duluth: Huskies...Huskies...Huskies........Sweep.....Sweep &....Sweep!

North Dakota @ Minnesota: Minnesota wins two gritty battles

Ohio State @ Wisconsin: I think the Red Weasels of Madison are getting it together as many have suspected. The Buckeyes finish the weekend in the 3rd spot via a Madison Red Weasel sweep.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

For three of the league's teams - Minnesota, Ohio State and UMD - this weekend's games will be their first in over a month. Trying to predict how much rust they'll each have makes it even more guessing game than usual! But just for fun I'll go with:

Minnesota State @ Bemidji State MSU is coming off a nice tune up and pair of one-sided wins against an overmatched Lindenwood, plus they will have had a full 10 days to rest. Meanwhile Bemidji has to be feeling good about rebounding in their last game, at home, against St. Cloud. I'll say this one ends in a SPLIT.

St. Cloud State @ Minnesota-Duluth Very difficult to say if the long layoff might be a hindrance or might actually benefit UMD, but I think they will use this series at home to start to turn things around in the second half. I'm going with a BULLDOG SWEEP in this one.

North Dakota @ Minnesota Couldn't agree more with brooky that this series will prove to be a real battle. Like MSU the Wioux got a nice tune up against Lindenwood to start the 2nd half. But until the Gophers actually lose a game - despite the looooooong layoff, who in their right mind would bet against them? it will be difficult, but the GOPHERS SWEEP.

Ohio State @ Wisconsin OSU will also be trying to shake off some rust, but they'll be facing what appears to be a resurgent Badgers squad, which at least had an exhibition warm-up against an admittedly depleted Whitecaps roster. I'd probably guess differently if OSU was hosting this series, but away from home I believe they will return home after Saturday's game with no points on the weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll say BUCKY SWEEPS.
                        Last edited by D2D; 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          For three of the league's teams - Minnesota, Ohio State and UMD - this weekend's games will be their first in over a month. Trying to predict how much rust they'll each have makes it even more guessing game than usual! But just for fun I'll go with:

Ohio State @ Wisconsin OSU will also be trying to shake off some rust, but they'll be facing what appears to be a resurgent Badgers squad, which at least had an exhibition warm-up against an admittedly depleted Whitecaps roster. I'd probably guess differently if OSU was hosting this series, but away from home I believe they will return home after Saturday's game with no points on the weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll say BUCKY SWEEPS.
                          On the record, I hope I'm wrong as well. I'd like to see a duplication of 2/18/12...at the very least!
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Not that I have any clue whatsoever (then again, who does? ), but here are my prognostications...

Minnesota State @ Bemidji State: A sweep of Lindenwood does not a winner make... Mavericks will have to settle for a split.

St. Cloud State @ Minnesota-Duluth: As much as it pains me, I'm picking a Bulldog sweep.

North Dakota @ Minnesota: Gopher sweep, though it might not be pretty.

Ohio State @ Wisconsin: I'll stick my neck out on the line and call this one a split. I think the visitors have the mojo to steal some points here (though, actually, it would be better for my rooting interest if they didn't).

Comment

Players of the Week: http://wcha.com/women/pres1213/201301/jan9wpw.php

Offense: Lauren Smith, Minnesota State
                              Defense: Jessica Havel, Bemidji State
                              Rookie: Meghan Dufault, North Dakota

Comment

http://www.wcha.com/women/pres1213/201301/jan8wcw.php
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X