Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spartan Hockey - Silver Linings edition

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    It's been a turbulent summer for MSU as far as recruits are concerned. This is long after McCarron switched commitments. Brendan Perlini did the natural thing given his OHL draft position and went to major juniors. Though drafted lower, ditto for Justin Bailey. Rough summer for Deblouw as well, to say the very, very least.

Despite all that, it's apparent that Anastos is getting his sort of players - the 6-0'ish forwards who play with a little edge and are mentioned as NHL draft prospects. So with this guy, Joe Cox and McEachern coming in to replace Forfar, Hayes and Walrod, we should be fine up front. Joe Cox could even stay an extra year in juniors as Dean Chelios could get his red-shirt, and the 2013-14 roster will be fine as far as forwards are concerned.
    In Coach Anastos' radio show today, he mentioned that 2 players will likely sign their LOI in the next few days and there is a third they are working on that will sign eventually. I don't know if that locks them in for 2013 but I am assuming that MacEachern and Cox will be signing shortly and this new guy is the third he is talking about. All 3 are having nice seasons in the USHL so far so it will feel good to get them signed.

It's a bummer that the OHL has to come raiding our classes year in and year out. You'd think they'd be able to find plenty of talent in Canada. It IS Canada, afterall.

I assume that we are gonna try to grab a defenseman from somewhere.
    Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

So, I'm donating a rubber chicken to the student section. This is the culmination of a long and often-forgotten campaign to reintroduce Sieve Chicken to the student section. Barring a massive shipping catastrophe, Sieve Chicken 2.0 should be in place by the Ohio State series.

I, along with current and future student section members, would appreciate it if someone can illuminate us on proper chicken-related etiquette.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I'd just like to mention very briefly rubber recruit chicken Mike McCarron, who has now committed to Western Michigan (his third in 2 years). So much for family.

Comment

Silly I nearly forgot:

Treais is an ***. Thanks MM for the video reminder .
          In the sense of of being a "rival and I can score and be a hotdog" arse, a Jacob Trouba/Jack Johnson arse or a Conboy/Tropp arse???

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            In the sense of of being a "rival and I can score and be a hotdog" arse, a Jacob Trouba/Jack Johnson arse or a Conboy/Tropp arse???
            A, tinged with the malevolent moments from B and C. I will freely admit this institution has sported numerous arses (ditto for A2), though some deserve to be designated Bloomin' Arse, like a Conboy. Sure, Trouba seems to exhibit elbow spasms, particularly when in close proximity to an opposing skater's head, but ... there it is: I'm watching one of Treais' hot dog moments (5'8 hockey players are a special breed of tough-guy when (1) ready to take on an entire student section and (2) that student section is mercifully spared by the protection of the glass).

SO I guess you could say #23's number came up on Monday. Who knows ... I may have a Tyler Biggs moment soon.

Comment

So, what's it going to take to end this Miami menace?

Comment

So, what's it going to take to end this Miami menace?
                Going Tyler Biggs on Austin Czarnik or Riley Barber should do it

Comment

A, tinged with the malevolent moments from B and C. I will freely admit this institution has sported numerous arses (ditto for A2), though some deserve to be designated Bloomin' Arse, like a Conboy. Sure, Trouba seems to exhibit elbow spasms, particularly when in close proximity to an opposing skater's head, but ... there it is: I'm watching one of Treais' hot dog moments (5'8 hockey players are a special breed of tough-guy when (1) ready to take on an entire student section and (2) that student section is mercifully spared by the protection of the glass).

SO I guess you could say #23's number came up on Monday. Who knows ... I may have a Tyler Biggs moment soon.
                  LOL. Good analogy. From one despised midget to the next.

Comment

Love this goal by Mackenzie Maceachern, who will don an MSU uniform next fall and who should go a long, long way (not to Europe) in hockey .

Comment

but ... there it is: I'm watching one of Treais' hot dog moments (5'8 hockey players are a special breed of tough-guy when (1) ready to take on an entire student section and (2) that student section is mercifully spared by the protection of the glass).
                      He had a similar moment in front of the student section last year after scoring. I guess we can be satisfied that in both games, his team lost.

Anyways, pretty excited about the 3 new guys who have signed LOI's. We planning on picking up any D-men? I know we lose Grassi but with Carney likely being cleared to play later this year, are we gonna try to replace him with a new player? Carney will be cleared to play but will he be ready to play? There is a freshman d-man who doesn't seem to be dressing most nights, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                        We planning on picking up any D-men? I know we lose Grassi but with Carney likely being cleared to play later this year, are we gonna try to replace him with a new player? Carney will be cleared to play but will he be ready to play? There is a freshman d-man who doesn't seem to be dressing most nights, as well.
                        That would be Brock Krygier. I personally have not heard/seen rumors of a D-man signing, though I suppose if the worst happens (whatever that would be), Anastos could try to get Josh Jacobs to move up sooner depending on his high school status, or get a late commitment. Outside of that, MSU will actually be pretty deep as far as blueline is concerned without a d coming in next season.

Comment

Can't be silent anymore.

I'll just say that Saturday night's contest was the most frustrating thing to listen to so far. The longer the game went the madder I got. I understand that Reimer went all Biggs on a guy and we were short a forward for that third period, but it seemed this team played into Miami's hands on every shift, every time we crossed their blue line - and never adjusted.

The silver lining is the big break. Time enough to hit the reset button and regroup. Guys gotta learn not to lose their heads and make a selfish hit. If you're not contributing, find another way to make a statement. We'll see what Ryan Keller can bring to the lineup on 11/30.

Comment

Can't be silent anymore.

I'll just say that Saturday night's contest was the most frustrating thing to listen to so far. The longer the game went the madder I got. I understand that Reimer went all Biggs on a guy and we were short a forward for that third period, but it seemed this team played into Miami's hands on every shift, every time we crossed their blue line - and never adjusted.

The silver lining is the big break. Time enough to hit the reset button and regroup. Guys gotta learn not to lose their heads and make a selfish hit. If you're not contributing, find another way to make a statement. We'll see what Ryan Keller can bring to the lineup on 11/30.
                            Another Miami series and another disappointing result. Nothing new. We'll be fine, though.

So Keller is returning? Good. I have been hoping his return ever since he was injured.

Comment

He's back. Thoughts? He's getting shipped to his new caretaker in East Lansing either tomorrow or Wednesday.

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8HU-YvCAAAepfP.png******
                              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                              66 - 86 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Sieve Chicken maybe in attendance Friday night, did someone step forward to carry on that good fight?

I'm looking forward to some lit lamps 1E-2W-3E and not so many 1W-2E-3W. Plus anticipating not a few scarlet & silver doing a lot of sitting. Saturday I'll bring the broom. Looking forward to a great Spartan weekend and 6 points!

Upon further review ...
                                12/1: I reckon it's important to score more than 3 goals in a 4-game span, too. Reminds me of Fall '08.
                                Last edited by owslachief; 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X