This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Someone had to open the new season thread for the 'Greatest Fan Base in all of Division III hockey'**

2012-13 roster page not updated on UCPioneers.com yet however a page devoted to next Saturday's game commemorative jersey auction does list the roster.

New players #1 Gordon Caesar- G, #8 Nick Miglio- F, #12 Joel Wetmore- F, #13 Donny Olivieri- D, #25 Louis Educate- F and #27 Mike Taffe- G all listed.

I'm surprised there is no exhibition game this year since there has been at least one for at least the last 5 years I believe.

So it's Morrisville on Friday and Fredonia on Saturday. Can't wait to sit in my newly refurbished seats.

Go UC!

**-tagline printed on season ticket booklets

Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

I'm pretty jacked for the season to start,too. (I have no idea if the new guys can play or not, but they all have fun-to-say names, anyway.)

I've worn this topic out on another thread already, but it's going to be interesting to see how badly Ticketmaster screws-up the attendance... I don't think that this arrangement is going to work out well for the long haul.

Comment

One thing the individual game tickets (from TM) facilitates is the ability for season ticket holders to share tickets with friends. In the past, they would have to hand over their season pass. This year, they can simply give the appropriate tickets. This may actually put more fans into the seats that were formally occupied by a sheet of paper (identifying it as reserved). Conversely, these tickets may be passed to fans that would have otherwise purchased additional seats. We'll see soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        I'm pretty jacked for the season to start,too. (I have no idea if the new guys can play or not, but they all have fun-to-say names, anyway.)

I've worn this topic out on another thread already, but it's going to be interesting to see how badly Ticketmaster screws-up the attendance... I don't think that this arrangement is going to work out well for the long haul.
        I can say this: Olivieri can play.... 24 goals as a D in one of the top JR. leagues in the country is no joke.
        Our bite is worse than our bark....
        Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
          I can say this: Olivieri can play.... 24 goals as a D in one of the top JR. leagues in the country is no joke.
          Sounds good... And I hope he takes care of his own end, too. UC's D has run around back there way too much in recent years.

Comment

Oli is a forward playing D. His d is so bad that he did not dress for most of last years NAHL playoffs, only getting in a game or two. He does have a rocket of a shot though so if they can teach him some responsibility in his own end he could be a great asset.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey27 View Post
              Oli is a forward playing D. His d is so bad that he did not dress for most of last years NAHL playoffs, only getting in a game or two. He does have a rocket of a shot though so if they can teach him some responsibility in his own end he could be a great asset.
              OR move him to forward

Comment

http://soundcloud.com/ray-biggs/uc-m...ckey-preseason

15 minutes and 24 seconds of coach. It will air on thursday during the Pioneers Weekly UC Hockey Preview Special at 7PM, and also prior to Friday's game during our new half-hour pregame show.

Catch either of those, and the games this weekend here:
                http://www.utica.edu/wpnr907
                Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey27 View Post
                  GREAT! All UC needs is another D-man who likes to cough-up the puck up deep in his own end.

Comment

Originally posted by shortsguy View Post
                    One thing the individual game tickets (from TM) facilitates is the ability for season ticket holders to share tickets with friends. In the past, they would have to hand over their season pass. This year, they can simply give the appropriate tickets. This may actually put more fans into the seats that were formally occupied by a sheet of paper (identifying it as reserved). Conversely, these tickets may be passed to fans that would have otherwise purchased additional seats. We'll see soon!
                    What you describe will work well for local friends who use your season-ticket seats, but not so much if you want to watch the game with them.

To wit: we have a couple coming to town this weekend and we'd like to take them to the games, but it's looking like we won't get them seats anywhere near us.

I called The Aud today, and the ticket-rep told me what I already suspected/have experienced: TicketMaster was going to arbitrarily assign seats, and just forget about having a choice in the matter... Maybe she could get us in the same section, but certainly not on game-day.

TM is a POS, disingenuous monopoly, and UC whoring themselves out to such a cynical entity is shameless, stupid and penny-wise greedy... I just don't see it working at the D-3 level.

Utica's goal is apparently to sell 4,000 season tickets, according to the AAD I talked with... RIIIGHT! (Apparently bath-salts are still available locally?!)
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-17-2012, 02:55 AM.

Comment

http://soundcloud.com/ray-biggs/uc-m...ckey-preseason

15 minutes and 24 seconds of coach. It will air on thursday during the Pioneers Weekly UC Hockey Preview Special at 7PM, and also prior to Friday's game during our new half-hour pregame show.

Catch either of those, and the games this weekend here:
                      Ok ya got internet skills now start the thread where we can find all the games on the web/radio etc, I would but I could barley log on the computer

Comment

What you describe will work well for local friends who use your season-ticket seats, but not so much if you want to watch the game with them.

To wit: we have a couple coming to town this weekend and we'd like to take them to the games, but it's looking like we won't get them seats anywhere near us.

I called The Aud today, and the ticket-rep told me what I already suspected/have experienced: TicketMaster was going to arbitrarily assign seats, and just forget about having a choice in the matter... Maybe she could get us in the same section, but certainly not on game-day.

TM is a POS, disingenuous monopoly, and UC whoring themselves out to such a cynical entity is shameless, stupid and penny-wise greedy... I just don't see it working at the D-3 level.

Utica's goal is apparently to sell 4,000 season tickets, according to the AAD I talked with... RIIIGHT! (Apparently bath-salts are still available locally?!)
                        hey Fish how do you really feel about TM???

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Ok ya got internet skills now start the thread where we can find all the games on the web/radio etc, I would but I could barley log on the computer

Through the end of the semester.... here's what we have guaranteed.

10/19 Morrisville
                          10/20 Fredonia
                          11/3 Naz
                          11/16-17 Elmira
                          11/24 Amherst
                          12/8 Nichols

And as i said, you can find all of those right here. They all start 30 minutes before puck drop.

The 12/1 TB toss game with Buffalo State is a coin flip. Time Warner will be there (And likely ESPN UR will be too....) The logistics of a televised game, combined with all these people being there, could be a lot to ask of that press box.

And mind you, logistically that game will be a mess to begin with. The last time they did a tv game at the aud, it was the nys hs hockey tourney. They roped off a bunch of seats upstairs for a better cam. angle and broadcasted from a camera well. If they rope those seats off on TB toss night, a lot of people will be upset and it will more or less set us back a year, back to the exact same silly ticketing problem we were trying to alleviate with this new thingamajig. That said, i have a hard time trying to comprehend how it's all going to work without someone(Either TWCS, UC, or the fans) getting ****ed off.

I will check our contracts and whatnot to see if i can throw the brakes on the other guys, but as of right now we could be the ones who end up getting screwed. (And mind you, we're there when those other guys are doing high school football instead..... like that's more important. (please).)
                          Top guys, out.

Comment

A couple of barometer-games for UC this weekend..

Both Morrisville and Fredonia appear to have been solid mid-pack SUNYAC teams last year, which is to say: "not to be taken lightly". Two wins for Utica would be a great start, and would likely pay dividends down the road in terms of getting a (possible) at-large bid. Won't be easy, though.

Went to The Aud to get tickets for my friends, and the rep did her best, which landed them in the adjacent section, across the aisle and a couple of rows up. She knew all about TM -The Aud has used them for years for other events- and she opined that "a lot of people are going to be unhappy with this arrangement" as far as UC hockey goes.

I agree, obviously... There was nothing wrong with the season-ticket/general admission policy in the first place, aside from the one TBT night last year when too many tickets were allegedly sold. All they need to do is to counts heads, FCS!

Comment

A couple of barometer-games for UC this weekend..

Both Morrisville and Fredonia appear to have been solid mid-pack SUNYAC teams last year, which is to say: "not to be taken lightly". Two wins for Utica would be a great start, and would likely pay dividends down the road in terms of getting a (possible) at-large bid. Won't be easy, though.

Went to The Aud to get tickets for my friends, and the rep did her best, which landed them in the adjacent section, across the aisle and a couple of rows up. She knew all about TM -The Aud has used them for years for other events- and she opined that "a lot of people are going to be unhappy with this arrangement" as far as UC hockey goes.

I agree, obviously... There was nothing wrong with the season-ticket/general admission policy in the first place, aside from the one TBT night last year when too many tickets were allegedly sold. All they need to do is to counts heads, FCS!
                              Morrisville was anything but "mid-pack" last year, they were bottom of the barrel.
                              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Working...
                              X