Maine Black Bears 2012 - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2012 - 2013

I will say this though...Maine is having a tough year so far yet the players are working hard...no need to kick sand in their faces when they are down and out! I thought the video on the BC thread and the laughter of the announcers etc lacked a little class especially after a tough weekend on the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Boy View Post
      I thought the video on the BC thread and the laughter of the announcers etc lacked a little class especially after a tough weekend on the scoreboard.
      Oh please.

*****http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/whambulance.jpg******
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

You realize that was me and another poster and not the school's announcers, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          You realize that was me and another poster and not the school's announcers, right?
          Just for the record, I'm a Maine fan and go to most of the home games. I didn't take too, much offense at your jubilation and didn't think it was over the top. More like you were pleased to see your team stick it to the competition. I can understand that. I think some day I may, too be able to celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I thought the funniest thing and really all that the twin floaters accomplished was messing up your highlight in that the cameraman sort of missed the goal. Timing is everything in life. Had you shown the floaters a few seconds earlier, you'd have had time to get back in the offensive zone and find the puck and capture the goal. As it was, you also get to wear the "Fail" label. No NBS Sports gig for you.

As for Lewis' motive, we don't know what she was trying to accomplish with the move. She's a pretty astute coach, so I'm guessing it had more to do with the war than this one battle.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If she wants to win the war, she needs to address the penalty situation. I've never seen a spread like that so early in the season, and I don't buy that it has anything to do with officials picking on Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Just for the record, I'm a Maine fan and go to most of the home games. I didn't take too, much offense at your jubilation and didn't think it was over the top. More like you were pleased to see your team stick it to the competition. I can understand that. I think some day I may, too be able to celebrate.
                See, you've got the right idea!

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                I thought the funniest thing and really all that the twin floaters accomplished was messing up your highlight in that the cameraman sort of missed the goal. Timing is everything in life. Had you shown the floaters a few seconds earlier, you'd have had time to get back in the offensive zone and find the puck and capture the goal. As it was, you also get to wear the "Fail" label. No NBS Sports gig for you.
                Haha well my "highlight" was just going to be the floaters; I thought the goal was just an added bonus.

I was recording on my phone, by the way (better quality than BC's stream, but I digress).

Surprised this thread took off the way it did.
                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-05-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Dartmouth coming to the Alfond this weekend for two; after losing to NU last night in OT. Dartmouth is a .500 team overall and on the road. Here's hoping Maine gets at least a split.

Comment

After 2 periods of play, Darty ahead 4-0. Shots 46-10 in favor of the Big Green.

Comment

This game with Dartmouth wasn't exactly what I expected. Dartmouth really took it to Maine. Tremendous puck pressure and Maine couldn't handle it. Had a lot of difficulty bringing the puck into their offensive zone and spent most of the game in their own defensive zone. Got outshot 5 - 1 and lost 6-1. Maine did play well when killing penalties, that was about the only positive. Dartmouth had more skill and were quicker to the puck.

Comment

Maine lost 4-2 today.
                        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Maine's penalty kill was very good. Held Dartmouth to 0 - 9 on the power play. Maine still got outshot but not as badly (4-1). The good news is that Maine didn't try any gimmick plays this weekend.

Comment

this weekend isnt gonna help the confidence much.

Comment

A little storm brewing for today at Alfond. Yesterday was a great game between the Cats and Bears. I don't see any quit in the Bears. Lewis has them working hard on the ice. It should prove to be a great rematch.

Comment

Congratulations to the Black Bears. 3-2 OT win against Vermont. Three points on the weekend from a team who struggles to score. Their 2nd win at home (both in conference).

Comment

Working...
                                X