No announcement yet.

RIT @ Michigan, Thursday and Friday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT @ Michigan, Thursday and Friday....

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Well if you stopped swinging at nose-height pucks, maybe you'd have some more success.
    Yea, it didn't look like he even needed to touch the puck- it was on the way down to an open spot. Hard habit to break. Sitting in the end that it happened, you could see he high sticked it, and we thought either the ref saw it get touched with a skate or flat out missed the high stick to call it a goal in the first place.

Guptil should have scored on the 2-1 about 30 seconds prior to that- he made a low, slow shot that the goalie did a good job getting over to cover.

streaker- didn't you call the score when we talked before the game? Although, I suspect that you thought it would be the other way. too bad we left at the end of the 2nd. Health is more important than a game anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      And oh look, a goal waved off that would have won Michigan the game. Where have I seen that before?
      I know you don't care, but you are not doing yourself any favors by bringing up invalid points. You sound like a whiny little kid that is going to take his toys and go home.

The waved off goal, at least from the replay I saw (on the video board right after the play) was a high stick. They went to review it, and I wasn't hopeful and told those around me what I saw. Just like Tuesday night's hand pass no goal. Looked like the right call to me. It's those awful premature whistle no goals that tick me off.

Congrats on the win RIT. Well earned. I'm impressed by your team's ability to stick with it, especially after being down 3 and looking outplayed in at least the first period. An experience like this for a first game should help a team know they have a chance no matter the score or who they are playing. Hopefully it will also teach Michigan to play good D the whole game.

Being somewhat superstitious, I blame this loss on the girl that was behind me that saw my Orioles hat and said Baltimore would win because the Giants won and they have the same colors; black and orange. So, clearly, RIT won because of their colors. That and because my bf is a Michigan hockey jinx. Unfortunately, I have to bring him again tonight since we are playing his alma mater.

So, after giving up 5, especially that OT trickle through the pads...do we see Rutledge again tonight? Quote from coach after the game (from mgoblue.com)
      On the goaltending situation ... "I will have to look at them again, but they all looked pretty soft to me. The kid made some good saves, too. It was a tough night to be a goalie in our end and we have to be better than that. Our D have to play better and our forwards have to play better too."
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Holy cow, big win for RIT. I can't help but root for you guys. I still remember playing you in D3 and now you're knocking off the number 3 team in the country, at home. Amazing! When's the new arena going to be built?
        #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
          Holy cow, big win for RIT. I can't help but root for you guys. I still remember playing you in D3 and now you're knocking off the number 3 team in the country, at home. Amazing! When's the new arena going to be built?
          Ground breaking is a week from today. Probably not next season but the one after it will be open.
          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            streaker- didn't you call the score when we talked before the game? Although, I suspect that you thought it would be the other way. too bad we left at the end of the 2nd. Health is more important than a game anyway.
            I did. And yes, I didn't see RIT winning, but that is why they play, right?

Also- this is not a novelty occurance. Niagara came in to Yost in October, 1998 and won, then tied the next night. Michigan only ended up winning the NC that season.Niagara was a "fledgling" team then, not even an NCAA appearance yet, IIRC.

I suppose anyone (or I should re-phrase and say most other fans) can get a good laugh about this happening, especially since it's Michigan. Go ahead, but RIT isn't a bad program and I think intelligent fans have to realize that their conference is vastly improved. We'll live to play another day and be better for it.

Comment

Think First row will have the game again tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                Also- this is not a novelty occurance. Niagara came in to Yost in October, 1998 and won, then tied the next night. Michigan only ended up winning the NC that season.
                I think Maine might have an argument here Also, Niagara lost the opener in OT, then won the next night.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  I suppose anyone (or I should re-phrase and say most other fans) can get a good laugh about this happening, especially since it's Michigan. Go ahead, but RIT isn't a bad program and I think intelligent fans have to realize that their conference is vastly improved. We'll live to play another day and be better for it.
                  I'm hoping everyone is past laughing now. St. Lawrence, Cornell, Minnesota, Denver, Ferris and LSSU... and now Michigan. It's no longer a fluke when RIT beats a ranked team. It's just one good team beating another somewhat better team now. And that happens all the time.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Except if.. you know, its RIT v Air Force and we're in Blue Cross Arena.

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    I'm hoping everyone is past laughing now. St. Lawrence, Cornell, Minnesota, Denver, Ferris and LSSU... and now Michigan. It's no longer a fluke when RIT beats a ranked team. It's just one good team beating another somewhat better team now. And that happens all the time.

Powers &8^]
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                      Except if.. you know, its RIT v Air Force and we're in Blue Cross Arena.
                      Unfortunately this is a very valid point.
                      RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Powers &8^]
                        Ranked? Yea, #3 means something before a single game is played. Not.

Sure, in theory, Michigan should be a good team. But #3? Someone is on drugs- forgetting everything that has been lost- we are at a point *hoping* that the team is what Red wants. Nobody knows- and wont for a few weeks when the start to really figure each other out.

Besides, opinion rankings blow.

Comment

Anyone know if the game is gonna be streamed on First Row like it was last night? It's not up yet...

RIT Hockey FB Group
                          Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                            Anyone know if the game is gonna be streamed on First Row like it was last night? It's not up yet...
                            since it's not on the Big10 network, I doubt it.
                            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Besides, opinion rankings blow.
                              It's a measure of expectations, if nothing else. Should we consider a win against Michigan no more impressive than a win against, say, Army?

Powers &8^]

Comment

What else is there against Army? HEYOOOO

It's a measure of expectations, if nothing else. Should we consider a win against Michigan no more impressive than a win against, say, Army?

Powers &8^]
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X