PDA

View Full Version : '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51

Flashy Man
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Consider this table. It contains the average points per game played by class listed by their freshman year.

<iframe width="415" height="408" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=78CE183696ACF6F9&resid=78CE183696ACF6F9%21109&authkey=AL7RUk_t908cQCQ&em=2&wdAllowInteractivity=False&Item='Sheet1'!A1%3AG52&wdHideGridlines=True"></iframe>

stuckinwi
02-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Looks like Nielson got cut by the hit and stayed out, but should be ok.

I love how Mel wasn't pleased by the fact we lost the third.

Such a good game to see. Need to keep it rolling.

mtu_huskies
02-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Good win tonight, not a lot of lineup changes for the mid-week game, D. Johnstone got the night off, C. Pietila and B. Hietila were in, Hyland the only non-regular back on D

Mel's postgame thoughts:
Things went in for us, important to have a good practice, had a real good practice yesterday
Copley played well too, 4-1 NMU on the PP and he made a few great saves
NMU has owned the WCHA a bit this year, good for us
Gave D. Johstone a break tonight, C. Pietila came in did a good job
Only negative, Carl Nielsen only played 2 mins of game, Dmen had to play a lot, but he'll be okay
Can't find somone that had a bad game
Only didn't like, they wont the third period
good to get Jamie Phillips in, he looked good
Carl got cut in 2 spots by the helmet when it got knocked off and it was bleeding pretty good, decided to keep him out and get stitches, he's fine
Good poise in front of the net, Milos, Kero,
good to see J. Johnstone get his 1st goal, real nice play to Furne, that line is starting to come on
Rix/Eick playing really well on another line, Hyland also playign well
Short turnaround, 2 big games, may take tomorrow off or short practice,
Big lead early helped, kept rolling lines, didn't overextend anyone too much

The Troll mtu86
02-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Way to go Huskies. Now if it weren't for the unfortunate events of last Friday's game tech would be on a 4 game winning streak.

Flashy Man
02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/91309/freshmen_conf.png

WCHA Freshmen Classes by Points Per Game

eye4talent
02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/91309/freshmen_conf.png

WCHA Freshmen Classes by Points Per Game

What is the GA for the freshmen classes? I'd venture to guess Tech is near the bottom. It's nice to see them putting up points, but at some point, you have to shut the other team down. Can't outscore your mistakes.

mtu_huskies
02-13-2013, 12:52 PM
I agree, but the fact that we're scoring more goals is a good thing after some of the lean year defensive years with Jamie.

For people with Charter in MN and maybe parts of WI? the charter extra channel 87 should have the Tech @ Mankato games on TV this weekend.

davyd83
02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Certainly an impressive performance by the Huskies! If you come to the game from Marquette and the highlight of the trip is the pizza at the Ambassador, then Tech must have done something right!

FadeToBlack&Gold
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM
GAA of a freshman class does not matter much to me. Defense is teachable; scoring much less so.

Shirtless Guy
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
I did a Q&A with an edmonton oilers blogger about Jujhar Khaira:
http://oilonwhyte.com/2013/02/13/the-progression-of-jujhar-khaira-a-qa-with-tech-hockey-guides-tim-braun/

Burnt Orange Husky
02-14-2013, 09:39 AM
WOW...an 8 to 2 win over those pesky Wildcats is very impressive! Looks like Mel has the team peaking at the right time. Does anyone know the attendance figure for Tuesday's game?

Shirtless Guy
02-14-2013, 09:52 AM
WOW...an 8 to 2 win over those pesky Wildcats is very impressive! Looks like Mel has the team peaking at the right time. Does anyone know the attendance figure for Tuesday's game?It was horrible, like 2506 I think...

eye4talent
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
It was horrible, like 2506 I think...

i was told by the forum that the Mac with Northern in town was so much better than Yost.

Shirtless Guy
02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
i was told by the forum that the Mac with Northern in town was so much better than Yost.Apparently not on the tuesday immediately following Winter Carnival. It's no excuse for the fact that people didn't show up because I expect a sell out and 2-3 deep SRO on the glass for a Tech vs Northern game...hopefully next year with the games scheduled on weekends, we can return to the exciting crowds we used to have for these games.

stuckinwi
02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Apparently not on the tuesday immediately following Winter Carnival. It's no excuse for the fact that people didn't show up because I expect a sell out and 2-3 deep SRO on the glass for a Tech vs Northern game...hopefully next year with the games scheduled on weekends, we can return to the exciting crowds we used to have for these games.

I don't think there was a large Northern group there either. Weekday games suck.

bigblue_dl
02-14-2013, 10:21 PM
i was told by the forum that the Mac with Northern in town was so much better than Yost.You're still never going to convince me that a fieldhouse with a bunch of aluminum bleachers is a good place to watch hockey. Sounds about as good as the state fair hippodrome.

eye4talent
02-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Apparently not on the tuesday immediately following Winter Carnival. It's no excuse for the fact that people didn't show up because I expect a sell out and 2-3 deep SRO on the glass for a Tech vs Northern game...hopefully next year with the games scheduled on weekends, we can return to the exciting crowds we used to have for these games.

the team has had some nice wins this year, but the fact of the matter is, they're still in 10th place. I think people want to believe in this program, but so far, the results have been more of the same. Bottom third of the WCHA again. very frustrating.

Shirtless Guy
02-15-2013, 09:50 AM
the team has had some nice wins this year, but the fact of the matter is, they're still in 10th place. I think people want to believe in this program, but so far, the results have been more of the same. Bottom third of the WCHA again. very frustrating.I agree with that, especially when you add the fact that it was on Tuesday, it's a premium game (the third in 5 days), and we all know how the Yoopers react to increased prices...

geezer
02-15-2013, 10:24 AM
I agree with that, especially when you add the fact that it was on Tuesday, it's a premium game (the third in 5 days), and we all know how the Yoopers react to increased prices...

I would crawl through a mile of snowbanks from downtown in a blizzard to avoid paying $5 for parking. And sneak in my own coke and nachos.

Wi.Huskies Fan
02-15-2013, 02:35 PM
"For people with Charter in MN and maybe parts of WI? the charter extra channel 87 should have the Tech @ Mankato games on TV this weekend".

When I lived in Southeastern Wisconsin I was able to watch The Tech-Mankato series on Charter channel 87. It seems weird that people in Wisconsin, who have no dog in the fight, are able to watch the games but the folks in the UP arent't able to watch this series. I was just wondering why Charter in Houghton can't pick up the games?????